Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Release Dates FAQ

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Default Release Dates FAQ

Final Fantasy XII Release date information:

Here you can find your questions about the release date, its quite simple and there isn't a need to make a thread about it. We know this much about it.

---

Current Estimations Release Dates
    Japan: March 16th '06(in stores)
    USA: Late 2006 October 31 Official.
    Europe
    : End of 2006 - possibly postponed to 2007

---

Quote Originally Posted by Yoichi Wada
    Square Enix President Yoichi Wada has the final release date for Final Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2 on an internal meeting finally admits given. Therefore the play appears first in March 2006 in Japan, followed of the USA in the summer and last at the end of 2006 in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaotics Translation
    Square Enix President Yoichi Wada has the final release date for Final Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2, finally admits given in an internal meeting. The play first appears in March 2006 in Japan, followed by USA in summer, and lastly, end of 2006 for Europe.

Q:When will it come out in Europe?!?!
    A:No one knows, not even SE themselves, their estimation is end of 2006, early '07.

Q:What about USA?
    A:Their goal is October/November, though that could change in a heart beat.

If anyone would like to add to the FAQ, feel free to and I'll edit it in, or if you have any questions of your own I can answer them, even though the answers are quite easy, if they're concerning the release dates.

If needed CK's, the other release date threads can just be merged with this one so there isn't 3 seperate threads concerning release dates, though its up to you guys/girls.

EDIT: Updated 7/04/06
    Last edited by Khaotic; 07-03-2006 at 10:19 PM.

I heard that a lot of reliable sites say its coming out in the first quarter of 2007 due to some recent interview. Lets just hope its wrong.

FFXIV Character

Source?

FFXIV Character

Well, I did some research, and the big sites still say whats posted above, plus I can't read german so that doesn't really help.

However, I found this, and its alittle awkward.

GameSpy: Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy 12 Trailer (05/18/05) - Direct feed from the Sony conference ... Final Release Date Announced for FFXII (08/01/05)
    Now, obviously thats either incredibly outdated, or its the simple date of the article. Either way, its suposedly the "final" release date. My guess though, is its outdated, and the "final release date" for the japanese version.

Anyhow, until I see some bigger websites confirming that its being delayed, again, I'm going to keep it what it is, for now.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i could have sworn it would be mid november 2006 for US and UK. i hope UKs isnt a lot later than that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

You forgot to calculate the Square last-second-delay! With that the date is February 2007. ^_^

Nah, I'm hoping for an early October release, which is just asking for disappointment but hey what can I say. Voice actors are already hopping on board so it could be sooner then later I guess.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Im certainly not unhappy about waiting for XII as we will have all the bug's wormed out and plus SE will hopefully give us extra content (FFX anyone)

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon with a hat
    Im certainly not unhappy about waiting for XII as we will have all the bug's wormed out and plus SE will hopefully give us extra content (FFX anyone)

That would be nice, I just hope they don't do the same thing they did with FFX and Europe, little content is alright, but adding that many optional bosses is alittle unfair.

I read somewhere on Gamespot they asked them if XII would be altered at all and Square said no, other countries would get the exact same version that Japan got... But I'm too lazy to link so you'll just have to figure I'm making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    I read somewhere on Gamespot they asked them if XII would be altered at all and Square said no, other countries would get the exact same version that Japan got... But I'm too lazy to link so you'll just have to figure I'm making it up.
    Ditto

I'll put it on my list for Christmas then - that being Christmas 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Laugh at face of Danger
    Aheheheh XD!! Wait that's not funny, it's just true

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Laugh at face of Danger
    Aheheheh XD!! Wait that's not funny, it's just true
    LOL!! O what a silly post.

Just out of interest.. WHY does it take so long?

i don't know if Best Buy is reliable or it's trying to come up with a date for its buyers but on its website it says 9/1/06. I highly doubt it

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....429&ref=07&loc