Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Relationship between FFX and FFXIII

Default Possible Relationship between FFX and FFXIII

well,i do see some vague similarities between FFX and FFXIII in my opinion when i first saw the trailer(though the information is still not enough to confirm this).Is Kazushige Nojima planning to relate to FFX?

1)The canyon with the train crossing it

It just gives me a feeling of the path going to Macalania Temple in FFX

2)The soldiers which is fought by the female main character

They look like Bevelle Guards...except for their revamped costumes
    3)The scene where the female character is fighting a bunch of soldiers and canines like "dingo" from FFX
    The scene actually looked like bevelle's highbridge
    4)Some remaining crystals in the forest
    Perhaps this is macalania woods a thousand years later?(In FFX-2 the woods started to lose its crystals and turned to ordinary forest)
    5)A final scene where female main character points her gunblade at a robot i think
    The scene looks like Bevelle Underground......

Note that the story might not take place in the time frame of Spira,but maybe 1000 years later ? (Sin is dead......,Summoners,Sphere Hunters are no more.........then comes Crystal Hunters?lol)/(the female main character is the great great great granddaughter of Yuna and Tidus?)

....This a joke....?

no,this is not.......but if u really pay some attention to the trailer and all those..maybe u will find the relation.
    (Like the scenario writer is just trying to add some reference to "Shinra" in FFX-2,but actually FF7 and FFX-2 doesnt have any relationship between them.)

Square enix, they are good in referring to something...
    Cloud and aerith appearing in Ivalice of Final Fantasy Tactics?
    Zidane(ff9) said he knew a spiky haired guy who holds the buster sword?
    Shinra
    Not to say Kingdom Hearts because it is purely intentional to make it this way.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

We've seen one trailer and you are making assumptions already? There isn't any need. Seriously.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Yeah, that's the first thing I told my brother, those guards do look likfe FFX guards, and the forest those look crystalish and she does fire her guns like Yuna. I WISH it was related to FFX but I don't think it will be, nice observations though.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni
    We've seen one trailer and you are making assumptions already? There isn't any need. Seriously.

~Setzer Gabianni
    There isn't any need to put down his theories like they're nothing, he does what he wants, he's enjoying his time thinking of ideas, thats absolutely fine, its part of being an FF fan. Seriously.

As for the theories, however, I just think its all a coincidence, or, they don't have that much information about the game itself yet and they simply wanted to throw together some things for E3, for all we know, it could be the same FFX models, but slightly edited so there is some difference. I don't think they had the time to start from scratch and make their own backgrounds, buildings, guards, etc etc before E3, and they probably figured they needed a big gaming title announced to gain some attention with all that "wii" hype going around.
    Last edited by Khaotic; 05-14-2006 at 08:33 PM.

If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me. They've done enough with VII, they don't need to do it to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me.
    Although I love FFX i agree that creating yet another add on to the story is taking it too far. I would buy it but I (and I'd say the ff fan community) would prefer something new and fresh.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Not the entire FF fan community!

There are quite a few of us FFX and FFx2 fans who would like an FFX3, FFx4... FFX25 with Yuna's grandkids...
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

They would call it FF X-3 if it had anything to do with Spira. It will probably drop a few references here and there but nothin major. I also didn't really see much that really related it to FF X.

It's called FFXIII for a reason. As in, not FFX. As in, a fresh new fantasy. And it already has its own universe of games before its even released. I can guarantee you that FFXIII will have next to nothing to deal with FFX. Guarantee.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

i reckon there is a few things that resemble ffx, like u said, but the train reminds me of ff7 and ff8, lol, and the girl looks a bit like ashe, lol. it just come down 2 being a ff game, they got a partiular style 2 them so they can look quite simaler in a way, i guess.
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

hope so.....it's better to start on a fresh story.
    Maybe Square Enix isnt making it another sequel to FFX,and is nothing to do with FFX,but they just sort of just add a little bit of reference to it in FFXIII.

really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course)..... sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X.

Quote Originally Posted by SephiRave
    really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course)..... sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X.
    When did the first X-3 come out?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I'll tell you something all the games have in common with 13....They all have "Final Fantasy" in the title. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, coincidence or what!.....creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by SephiRave
    really do hope that SE make another FFX-3(with a more creative plot of course)..... sad.....*that's unlikely to happen...unless FFX achieved a popularity like FF7 and then SE make another Compilation of Final Fantasy X
    I'm gonna go a whim here and say that you're a female, right?