Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Relationship between FFX and FFXIII

I'd rather have Square stop relying on it's past glories, and spend more time working on newer FF's with different stories and new characters. I'm not for another add-on in the FFX sequels.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Yea no..... If is a slight chance that they would, but i doubt it will have anything FFX in it.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I notice there's a small picture in the ones in the scans thread in this forum that features the femalechix falling through air upside down. My first thought was 'lol yuna'

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The fact that everything seems to look exactly like FFX just gives me the impression that they're running out of ideas as opposed to any straight connection between the two.

Thumbs up

Cid Knight VS CId KNight!

*roots for rubah!*

the more I look at her..the more it reminds me of Yuna...the clothes and attitude(somewhat). I'm not saying that it's related in any way...but this thread has made me look at the game differently. I just keep getting this idea that this is Tidus and Yuna's daughter lol....(I wish~!) but anywya, FFXIII is gonna kick SERIOUS ass no matter what.

Again, go rubah!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why is it that everyone always takes the side of the pretty girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu
    Why is it that everyone always takes the side of the pretty girl?
    aww! you're pretty too! *points to sig*...I....I used to like a girl who looks just like you......................it never worked out...but yeah. Anyway, you two kick ass, it's just I'm pro FFX/X-2

Quote Originally Posted by Malboro_Menace
    Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    If those games are connected story wise I refuse to buy this game, for the whole Idea of doing anything with X's story again is a complete joke to me.
    Although I love FFX i agree that creating yet another add on to the story is taking it too far. I would buy it but I (and I'd say the ff fan community) would prefer something new and fresh.
    especially after FFX-2
    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Nope. Those are just generic-looking soldiers.

You can't say for sure until you've played.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

The links between the FF's wouldn't be this blunt.
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Interesting theory. There is a relation between FFXI and FFXII. So this wouldn't be so far off.

The guards actually look like storm troopers to me but whatever.

If the world in FF XIII is indeed Spira, that would make a fun twist.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

neat theory....

but there just visual simularities.

it however would make the game rather interesting.

but I want a new unique world IMO.

ps: wouldnt it be called FFX-3 if it was?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

no, no one would buy it then

Interesting theory, but be a bit logical.

Why would SE throw off their fans? I mean when we visualize a new number in the series we usually assume a new universe, world, environment, cast of characters, etc unrelated to the other Final Fantasies. While there may be similarities in the looks and environments, it doesn't necessarily mean it is. Besides, SE is pretty informative when it has a sequel, prequel, whatever relating to a title already released, if this title was related to the FFX universe then I'm 100% sure they would have mentioned it, or have it labeled X-3, or at least call it FFX: The Blah Blah Blah. I mean look how informative they were with the VII series, it's not like they called FFVII:Advent Children, FFXIV, or FFVIIoC, FFXV. Logically a company wants to keep their fans happy and deception ain't gonna pull that off. So in my personal opinion, the new number represents a new universe. If it does have Any relationship to any of the other Final Fantasies then there's probably a dramatic time difference or the games located in a different planet/galaxy/dimension, call it what you will.

As for the issue with FFXI relating to FFXII, you have to look at how SE set it up. XI is different from what we've seen, it's an online rpg, it's a totally different experience then what we typically encounter, I mean there's actual human interaction going on (we've never seen this in the FF series, at all). SE probably found it appropriate to have the player experience the same universe in a single-player aspect, [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] I would too.

Although I ain't sayin' you're theory is totally incorrect, I think it's kind of deceiving and illogical if it is true to the fans. I'd be kind of pissed if I found out XIII takes place in Spira again, c'mon now, we need something new and fresh already. I personally think SE is running out of ideas with character looks and concepts, it's kind of ridiculous. All the main characters are starting to look the same or act the same. I mean Cloud and Squall are practically identical, Seifer and Sephiroth. Visually they look awkward too, the XII main character, to me, looks like a mix of Squall and Cloud. I'm just babblin' on though.

Just my two cents.