Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mage of FFVII ( Other than Aeris) *Spoilers*

Default The Mage of FFVII ( Other than Aeris) *Spoilers*

Who is the best magic user in FFVII other than Aeris?

I need to know this because, (SPOILER)Aeris is dead and I need a good magic user for my party. I am thinking of Yuffie.
    If only, if only.

Here are the characters in order of their Mag stats, highest first.

=1. Aerith
    =1. Cloud
    =3. Cait Sith
    =3. Vincent
    5. Yuffie
    6. Red
    7. Tifa
    8. Cid
    9. Barret

I would say red would be a good mage

Hang on, here's a revised list. I equipped their best Mag-boosting weapon and checked their stats again.

1. Cloud
    2. Vincent
    3. Red
    4. Cait Sith
    =5. Barret
    =5. Yuffie
    7. Cid
    8. Tifa
    9. Aerith

I'd go with Vincent or Red.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

id have to say red because vin's limit 4 n ultimate weapon arent as gd as reds 3rd limit and ultimate weapon so your best bet is red

Are Limits and weapons that important if their sole purpose is to be a mage? Anyway, using MP will reduce the power of Red's Limited Moon while Vincent's remains constant, although it takes a while to power up.

I also think that Red's Stardust Ray (Lv2-2) is better than Earth Rave as it hits twice as many times. Each hit is weaker, but once you've used a couple of Hero Drinks it will deal a decent amount of damage.

*Shrugs shoulders*

I just picked my favourite two characters and used them.
    (In this case, Tifa & Red)

NOTE: Can people STOP putting the words "Spoilers" in their thread titles. The game is quite old. Very old in fact. Everyone in this forum would be VERY aware of what happens. I know I'm no admin, but it annoys me now.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    NOTE: Can people STOP putting the words "Spoilers" in their thread titles. The game is quite old. Very old in fact. Everyone in this forum would be VERY aware of what happens. I know I'm no admin, but it annoys me now.

Who cares if it's old- I just played it for the first time last year- so it's good he did. Everyone is not you.

Same...I played it for the first time about 9 months ago.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i always use cloud or tifa as a mage. and the spoilers i agree are really not needed. BTW luke is darth vaders father and aeris sort of dies a bit. and i probly didnt spoil it for anyone. and if i do, dont blame me, it said spoilers on the thread title. you have been warned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    Are Limits and weapons that important if their sole purpose is to be a mage?
    Sort of. Some weapons come with a Magic bonus attached to them, though this isn't seen on the equipment screen. Generally they're about the same for each character. There's no set order to it however. In many cases a character's Ultimate weapon doesn't provide the maximum possible magic bonus. Check the party mechanics section for a full listing.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

YAY!!!! Nanaki get some praise!!!! Good job Nanaki, You will always be my favourite character after Vivi forever!

Cloud, Nanaki and Kitten Sith, I never though I choose Strong Magic Stat character.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Maxx, I'm well aware of the effect on the Magic stat that weapons have. Emerald weapon said that Vincent's Limits and ultimate weapon weren't as good as Red's, and I was merely questioning the importance of the character's ability to deal good physical damage if they were to be used as a mage.

In case you're curious, Red's best Magic-boosting weapon is the Spring Gun Clip (+55) and Vincent's is the Supershot ST (+52).
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 05-15-2006 at 05:52 PM.

RedXIII made a great mage for me. Cloud could have been but he was a better melee fighter in my opinion. Vincent (who i think is the 2nd or third coolest character in the game) i thought was weak even though i liked his character alot

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I used the same magic setup every time. Like, 15 playthroughs now. My team was always Cloud, Barret and mostly Red XIII, but occasionally Yuffie. and I spread out magic evenly and never had any problems. So i'm guessing it doesn't make much difference.