Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prefered character(s) in SSBM

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    Things about tiers.
    More things about tiers.
    Very well put. I never really considered the Falco and Fox differences to be that big, but I think you're right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Truth. I also am awesome as Jigglypuff. Rest is so much fun.

My favorite character, though, is Kirby. True, he's not the god he was in SSB. But he is still a great character, and, IMHO, he deserves better than the low tier that list has put him at.
    Well... Kirby is really overshadowed by his "clone" (if you even can call Jiggly a Kirby clone at all) since Jiggly is better in just about every singel way.

Since I feel really post-happy today, I'm going to write a list on my personal thoughts on every character on the tier list.

Top Tier:

Sheik: She's a top tier for a good reason. She can combo without any effort just by linking Tilts together. She got one of the most annoying finishers in the game, the "Slap" (Forward Aerial) that sends the enemy horizontally downwards which makes recover a lot harder. She also got a high-priority projectile. Not to mention that she's simply one of the fastest characters in the game and her recovery is really hard to edge-guard. Sheik counters a lot of characters, but no character counters Sheik. That alone is enough to make her Top Tier.

Fox: Harder to play than Sheik, but he got more potentional. He's the overall fastest character in the game. He got 2 really powerful KO moves (Up Smash and Up Aerial) and one of the most dangerous moves in the game, his Down B. He may actually deserve to be above Sheik.

Marth: Speed, power and R-A-N-G-E!!! Do I need to say more? Oh yeah, and he can combo pretty well too.

Upper Tier:

Peach: She probably even deserves to be in Top Tier. Her Down Smash= Best Smash and probably even the best overall move in the game. She got INSANE recovery, one of the best dash-attacks and she got a great projectile attack. Also, her aerials are all really powerful.

Falco: BLASTER SPAMMAGE FTW!!! He can annoy the hell out of ANYONE who doesn't have a reflect-projectile thingy.

C.Falcon: Fastest running speed in the game, and really quick aerials. He got a perfect KO move, along with great combo ability. If it wasn't because he's so easy to edge-guard, he could probably have been a Top Tier as well. Now, he IS one of the easiest characters in the game to edge-guard, though.

Samus: Probably the most well-balanced (Sheik is not balanced, she's just overpowered in every singel way) character in the game. Great projectiles, great recovery, great smashes, great... everything. Her overall movement is a bit too slow, though.

High Tier:

Jigglypuff: The superior version of Kirby. Great aerials, and the extremely dangerous "Rest". Also, she got the best recovery in the entire game.

Dr. Mario: Pretty much the same as Mario, but I agree that he's better for the following reasons: His pills are much better than Mario's fire balls. His Forward Aerial is overall more powerful.

Ganondorf: TEH P0WERZ!!! Lack combo ability to a certain degree, but can pack quite a punch whenever his hits connect. High Tier suits him perfectly.

Mario: Yeah, I have no idea why Mario isn't just RIGHT below Dr. Mario... but whatever. Mario's a really well-balanced character. Not much else to say, except he really does belong in High Tier. Got no really bad matchups, either.

Ice Climbers: My least played character, so I can't say much about them other than that their smashes are uber powerful.

Mid Tier:

Luigi: Good Aerials, good smashes, insane Wave Dash. I would personally put him in High Tier... but oh well. Whatever. Highest in Mid isn't that bad either.

Link: Another well-balanced character. The fact that he's in Mid Tier means nothing, because a good Link can beat any character in the High-Top Tier lists. He got 2 really great projectiles as well. Bombs and Boomerang. Could have been placed in High Tier above Luigi, in my oppinion.

Roy: The weaker version of Marth. He got more wieght, and thus he's harder to instant-KO. Also, his Side B is a slightly better attack than Marth's Side B. However... Roy is slower, got worse recovery, worse aerials, shorter range and is simply an overall worse character. The fact that he's so much weaker than his Top Tier clone doesn't mean he's a bad character, though. He can still be pretty fast and dangerous. He still got the second best range in the game, and his F-Smash really hurts. I guess I agree with him being in Mid Tier right below Link.

DK: Never thought this dude could be played good, until I played the Japanese top player, CJ's DK. Man, I got monkey-raped gorilla-style. But even so... I think this may be just a little too high for DK. But on the other hand, his neutral B is just too crazy powerful.

Pikachu: His Up Smash= Kick-Ass. His Side-Smash= Great. His recovery= Really good. Other than that, he's not all that great.

Zelda: She's THE slowest character in the game when it comes to running speed. But she got some really powerful moves, though. Her Forward and Back Aerials are extremely powerful if sweet-spoted she can KO really well with her throws.

Low Tier:

Ness: His Down B pretty much dissables Samus charge shot and prevents space animals from spamming blasters. Too bad, this move is completely useless against more than half of the characters in the game. His Side Smash rocks but his Up and Down Smashes sucks big time. And yes, he IS a Low Tier.

Young Link: Weaker version of Link. While he IS faster, he's just too much weaker and his reach is really bad compared to Link's. Also, Link's Up B is A LOT better than Young Link's. So yes, Young Link should be pretty far below Link, even though he's faster.

Yoshi: Hardly play him. But I DO know that there's insanely skilled Yoshi players out there. I've even seen a Yoshi Player beat that CJ-guy's Sheik. Another proof that you won't win just because you use a character that's higher on the tier list.

Kirby: Great recovery, but not as good as Peach and Jiggly's. Half-assed to decent aerials and decent smashes. Easily instant-KO'ed and pretty slow. He's not extremely bad, but he's far from being extremely good, too. Then again, I've never seen a really good Kirby player.

Mr G&W: I hardly play him at all. His neutral B is a really good move, though. That much I know.

Bowser: Hardest to instant-KO in the game, but like I mentioned earlier... he's really slow and a big target etc. He deserves to be this low on the tier list for good reasons.

Bottom:

Mewtwo: The all-mighty Mewtwo isn't as powerful as he was meant to be, in SSBM. He could've had great potentional... but he's too slow, lacks combo ability, is far too easily instant-KO'ed, is far too easily combo'ed and got pretty low priority with many of his moves. His best KO moves are his Back and Up Throws, not his smashes. Because of his great Up B, he COULD probably have been placed higher than Bowser, though...

Pichu: PICHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! Worst character in the game. Easily KO'ed, dammages himself, got a really bad moveset and lacks... usefulness. But he got 1 really powerful move, though. His Up Smash. Whatever you do, don't underestimate the power of Pichu's Up Smash!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on all the characters and how they are placed in the tier list.

Wow. I have to say, I'm impressed!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    Wow. I have to say, I'm impressed!
    This is what happens when I'm bored. xD

Lets just say Short hop blaster with fox and falco are differnet enough for me to hate falco --;....although chaingrabbing them is fun as hell...weeeeeee

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Ice Climbers: My least played character, so I can't say much about them other than that their smashes are uber powerful.
    Chain throws ftw
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

I heard many times they are Anti-Shiek but since they are so unorthodox its rarely used to that potential.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Link all the way! i can make a nifty combo with his boomerang and bomb. his sword plant rocks and his smashes and speed aren't bad either.mid tier or not, i have beaten a level 9 ganondorf and a level 7 shiek on the same team. kirby is my second best but he could never compare to when i use link

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I played as Sheik when I first played SSBM before I owned it. My friend would play as Gannon, and Sheik's speed was the only way I could beat him. I wasn't particularly good with Sheik, but she's quick enough that I had no trouble running circles around the poor guy. Sheik's my back-up now.

I had a Gannondorf phase as well, but I don't play as him anymore.

Anyway, once my friend really got me into the game, he set me up playing as Marth. I play with him every so often, but he usually beats me. He plays with a group of people who are pretty damn good at the game. They invite state champions to play at their house and whatnot. I don't stand much of a chance against them, but it's fun to watch them play.

every day i see my dream Bowser's Avatar

Falco, Marth, and Dr. Mario are my favorites. Usually I play as the doctor though.
    eh?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I did like Jigglypuffs Sing + Rest combo.

fuuuuun.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Mistar Game and Watch. --> B = pwnage.
    Otherwise I use Roy, Dr. Mario, and Pikachu.

I'm best with Link or Roy.

I infinitely prefer Roy over Marth- for some reason I can't get anything done efficiently when I play as Marth. Marth does more damage, but Roy tends to send the enemies farther (play with their forward smashes in homerun contest if you don't believe me). Additionally, Roy's attacks send your opponents in managable directions, instead of all willy-nilly with Marth (Marth's upward smash and up+B in particular bug the crap outta me).

Its easier to hit someone with the tip of your blade, hence you should try to put some distance next time you hit the sandbag, the sweet spot makes people fly.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

About 70% of the time I play as Fox. He's quick, and has great up smash attacks. The only downside I feel playing Fox is that he falls like a rock.

If I'm not playing Fox, I spend about 20% of my time with Jigglypuff just because it pisses my friends off and rest is so much fun. Finally, I spend the last 10% of my playtime with Pichu. Yes, he flies way too far, and he hurts himself, but he's so dang fast I do a lot of fleeing and his ->A smash attack is great. Headbutt is fun too. You just have to know when to run with Pichu, which he is pretty dang good at.

Finally, even though I'm at 100%, there are occassional times when I'll use Kirby just because his taunt annoys the living daylights out of everyone.