Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prefered character(s) in SSBM

Blog Entries

Default Prefered character(s) in SSBM

Super Smash Bros Melee... by far one of the greatest games ever made. A game that simply can't be discussed enough.

So... this topic is about discussing your fav characters in the game.

My favs:

1) Ganondorf. This is my main. He's the character that I enjoy playing the most and he's the character that I play the best overall with. My fav move with Ganondorf is probably his Forward Aerial, and his Up Aerial is a close second. Even though people usually see him as a really slow character, I'm able to play him much faster than most other characters in the game.

2) Marth. This character was my main before I switched to Ganondorf. I'm not sure whenever he really is my second best or not, but I really like the way he works and enjoy playing as him. Also, he can usually deal pretty well with any Ganon-counters, like Sheik and Falco on FD. My fav move with Marth is Forward Aerial.

3) Link. I picked him up pretty late on, but I ended up liking his "style" and all the fun you can have with his bombs. While I'm better with Sheik, I still like playing as Link much more. Fav move: Bombs.

4) Sheik. Chanses are, that Sheik is my second best overall character. However... I don't really like her fighting style, so I still prefere both Link and Marth over Sheik. She's still nice to play as at times, just for some PWNAGE. Fav move: I just feel so evil whenever I bitch-slap people with her Forward Aerial. Her needles, neutral B, is a close second, though.

5) Bowser. Big target, easily comboe'd, slow, lacking the ability to combo others. You name it. He's one of the worst characters in the game, and that's why I love him. Because I CAN play him pretty decent and thus I CAN beat people with him. The fact that he's a bad overall character makes him fun to play with. Because when you do win, it's a greater victory. Once again, Forward Aerial is my overall fav. But I like his Up B as well.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 05-15-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Definatley Gannon, his speed was never an issue with me. I like his up-a move, or b. Which ever one it is that grabs them.

Jigglypuff owns you all SUCKAS!!!!

Seriously though, I like using several characters, but I have gotten the timing down with Jigglypuff's Rest attack that I connect with at least 97% accuracy. My friends have banned me from using Jigglypuff when we play because they don't stand a chance. And my friend Ryan is really really good with Ness.

I like using Peach, she's kind of funny. She slaps the people around and smacks them with a frying pan, good stuff.

I always liked playing with Ganondorf, Roy, and the Ice Climbers

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Jiggly is quite fun,

I loved Jiggypuff Mainly cause he was my fav Pokemon. Also Link and Samus, she can crack a punch or two!

I personally prefer Link and Marth. chaingrab foos D:

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Blog Entries

My favorites? Hmm...

Marth is my favorite. I'm going to go roll, dodge and counter on ya! :O

Young Link is my 2nd favorite, simply because Link was my favorite on the N64. Young Link is like the uber fast version of Link to me, and I always get 'dem boomerang hits in.

Mario is my 3rd favorite. He's like, teh awesomez. o_o

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Roy, because of his powerful Flare Blade attack and coolness, followed by Mario, because of his balance.

Tier List:

Top:
    Sheik
    Fox
    Marth

Upper:
    Peach
    Falco
    C. Falcon
    Samus

High:
    Jigglypuff
    Dr. Mario
    Ganondorf
    Mario
    Ice Climbers

Mid:
    Luigi
    Link
    Roy
    DK
    Pikachu
    Zelda

Low:
    Ness
    Young Link
    Yoshi
    Kirby
    Mr. Game & Watch
    Bowser

Bottom:
    Mewtwo
    Pichu

I use Marth first and Captain Falcon second. I used to use Roy before
    I discovered how low tier he was. Then I switched to Marth. Wasn't the biggest jump in the world.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I played as Young Link for a long, long time, but eventually went back to my original character, Fox, and on the rare occassion I play SSBM it's as him.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I am awesome with...well I'm awesome, but I can beat my friends with Luigi. His speed and combos are great.

I'd like to say something to the "Roy is powerful" people. Roy isn't powerful. He's weaker than Marth. Hitting with the tip of Marth's sword does more damage than hitting with any part of Roy's sword. This combined with speed makes Marth a better character.

Definetly Ganondorf. I think he's got some good speed considering the strength of his attacks, and it can be fairly easy to get some good combos out of him. Plus, he's the Angryman, and how can you not like the Angryman?
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.