Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squall's personality

I have to say Squall's personality is what makes the game for me.

Yes, I too relate. No I'm not Squall but I sure was when I was 16. Boy am I glad I'm not 16 anymore.

I thought he was a plain emo ate first, depressed and detached but then i realised he was more of a angry person who likes to be on his own and not have the trouble of other people.. which is cool.

To me, Squall is the hurt type, like, in his childhood something has made him not to love or trust no-one.. cause, something might happen to them. Plus, cause of that, he doesn't want to waste his time with people.

But then along comes Rinoa and totally changes his outlook on life.

hehe, can't say I'm anything like him. I'm more Selphie or Zell.
    To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya Crescent

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squall had anti-social personality disorder. It's slightly unrealistic that someone can just come out of it as quickly as he did by a person he doesn't really even know that well.:rolleyes2 And to top all off "fall in love" with them...but this is fantasy so whatcha gonna do.

Squall, in my opinion, is the best character out there, because of his personality and views on life - which are quite like my own at times, and you'll see how he changes, so very slightly, little by little!

i agree. as i play along there are some dialogs which i wish i wasn't such a lazy ass, and printed the screen.. some real good dialogs on the game

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the great character personalities are the main reason this is my 2nd favourite FF. the personalities are better than on any other game ive played. enjoy the rest of the game. i sure did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cledarius
    I think we all relate to Squall in some way. We all are sad sometimes and exactly then, lot of us think like Squall, that friends are waste of time, they hurt you etc.

But it's not that special if you relate to him. You can relate to every charakter in every game when you think about it.

Also I think there are people who think: "Oh Squall is cool, I want to be like him!" and then they start to copy Squall's personality. Really sad thing.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

He had a personality that I can relate to, and I can agree on his mentality. What I found strange was that the other characters still wanted to hang around him, even though he was blowing them off. I know it's a fantasy game, but still.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Emo kid from the 90s. Relatable.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mode7 View Post
    so, yesterday i started playing ffviii... and am right now in timber, at the mission to capture the president of galandria (something like that?)
    The renowned President Belding from Galandria. Love that train mission.