Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GCSEs

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Im starting GCSE work now; Maths Statistics is really boring xD

I have 2 years till my GCSE's. Ive only just finished one set of exams and teachers are going on about more.

I've did them. Onward to University and what 85% call a " meaningless existential hell."

I have my maths in 2 weeks. AND I AINT FINISHED THE COURSE YET. Im screwed. And next year, I do ANOTHER maths, technology, english(im buggered) RE(i had to, and im buggered), History, T.A. Science (seperate Bio Chem and Physics) and Irish.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

In English and RE you can get away with making stuff up, that's my usual way of getting through them.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker
    In English and RE you can get away with making stuff up, that's my usual way of getting through them.
    Yup. Qouting the bible dunt come easily to me, though. And english...my WORST subject.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

I'm starting my GCSE work now, I'm taking English Lit, English Grammar, Higher Maths, Triple Science, Phys Ed, RE, French, Art, Textiles and History. I was gonna take latin as well but I was crap at that so I dropped out...

I'm doing three this year (English Lit. (in a week ;___; ), English Lang. and Maths) because I'm doing the fast track scheme stupid thing where you sit them a year early, and next year I'll be doing Music, Geography (AAAAAH DIE), Welsh, French, Chemistry, Biology and Physics and possibly Statistics. So I'm doing ten altogether (or possibly eleven). I don't know how well I'm gonna do but I'm predicted to get As or A*s in everything, including Physics, which is retarded because my Physics average for this year is 45%. >=O

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I did them last year. 3 A*s, 5 As, 1 B and 1 D. They're much easier than you expect them to be, except that horrible English Language paper I had. Combination of a bad day for paper 2 and two bad papers meant I ended up with an A, when I was hoping for A*s in both the English courses.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I did them last year. 3 A*s, 5 As, 1 B and 1 D. They're much easier than you expect them to be, except that horrible English Language paper I had. Combination of a bad day for paper 2 and two bad papers meant I ended up with an A, when I was hoping for A*s in both the English courses.
    I'd have to be blessed by an angel just to get a B in english. I cannot write essays to save my life. Ditto English Lit.
    "Reality is that which,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My GCSEs start next week. I have English, English Lit, Maths, Statistics, Double Science, PE, RE and Graphics.

I've already done my Art GCSE and I finished my GNVQ in ICT months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Seriously, come three or four years time, you'll wish you were back doing your GCSEs. I know I do. Simpler times.
    Agreed. My uni exams start in 6 days.

I think I did quite well in my GSCEs. 4 A's, 5 B's, 3 C's. I had English, English Lit, Maths, French, Triple Science, Geography, History, Statistics, IT short course, Business Studies short course and R.E. short course.

By far the most difficult were the English papers, so good luck with those.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 05-17-2006 at 04:37 PM.

nonononononnonononononononnonono
    Maths in 2 weeks. Not even done 3D trig. Im buggered. Oh yes, do it in one year they said. Easy they said. Nothing to it they said.
    English is going to be indescribably bad. I cannot write to save my life. On the other hand, I could pass Technology and Chemistry with a blind fold, we have done pretty much every past paper question from the past 5 years...

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Number
    And english...my WORST subject.
    Seriously? I absoloutly love English. I get top grades xD

Doing AS-level exams at college right now. Just did a Computing exam today. I personally think I aced it, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Number
    nonononononnonononononononnonono
    Maths in 2 weeks. Not even done 3D trig. Im buggered. Oh yes, do it in one year they said. Easy they said. Nothing to it they said.
    English is going to be indescribably bad. I cannot write to save my life. On the other hand, I could pass Technology and Chemistry with a blind fold, we have done pretty much every past paper question from the past 5 years...
    The trick for 3D trig, I find, is to find the triangle in the cube.
    "Reality is that which,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick