Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFIX=rushed?

Default FFIX=rushed?

Okay, I know I'm obsessed about this game, but here's something I've seen a lot of people say after played it.
    "Square didn't try as hard as they should."
    Whether you like the game or not, I think a lot of people will agree that Square should of tried a lot better, to make it appealing to all fans, and not just some. It could of been a lot better, and I the reason they rushed it was because they were trying to get it out the way for [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty Spirits Within, well thats just a rumour. But, I feel Square should o' tried more.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

What should've been improved?And how the hell were they going to improve it? People don't like it because they got stuck on the whole futuristic view that when FFIX came out with this more medieval look, they thought it sucked. The battle system was the same. The story had just as much depth as the others. Nothing was held back in this game. Only gamers and their thoughts that it sucked just because it was different form the newer FFs. They did all they could: the cut scenes were magnificent and beautiful, the abilities and side quests were kept you busy and gave you very good items and weapons, there is nothing to complain about. Another reason some people didn't like it was because there were different races where in FFVII and FFVIII there were pretty much just humans. The fact is, Square pulled out all the stops while it's the gamers and their views that made the game seem bad.

I don't think that the team that did TSW had anything to do with the team doing IX

Blog Entries

The game is perfect as it is now. You claim to like FFIX and yet you still think it should have been better? If you truly like it, accept it for what it is, and not for what you wish it could have been.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    The game is perfect as it is now. You claim to like FFIX and yet you still think it should have been better? If you truly like it, accept it for what it is, and not for what you wish it could have been.
    Amen to that.

I loved it, don't change a thing!

Except, I wish there had been more Beatrix and Steiner romance...

Quote Originally Posted by Heero Yuy NWZC
    What should've been improved?And how the hell were they going to improve it? People don't like it because they got stuck on the whole futuristic view that when FFIX came out with this more medieval look, they thought it sucked. The battle system was the same. The story had just as much depth as the others. Nothing was held back in this game. Only gamers and their thoughts that it sucked just because it was different form the newer FFs. They did all they could: the cut scenes were magnificent and beautiful, the abilities and side quests were kept you busy and gave you very good items and weapons, there is nothing to complain about. Another reason some people didn't like it was because there were different races where in FFVII and FFVIII there were pretty much just humans. The fact is, Square pulled out all the stops while it's the gamers and their views that made the game seem bad.
    Well, some of the things I hear a lot is the battle system, and poor game quality, and ofcourse, Zidane's tail (although that's just stupid). I big thing is the poor translations when it comes to the references. FFIV also had poor translations, but I won't talk about that.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Except, I wish there had been more Beatrix and Steiner romance...
    Leave out the Steiner and I agree with you fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    Well, some of the things I hear a lot is the battle system, and poor game quality, and ofcourse, Zidane's tail (although that's just stupid). I big thing is the poor translations when it comes to the references. FFIV also had poor translations, but I won't talk about that.
    Yes, the tail complaint is stupid, but what would be nice is if he used it, like as a weapon or something. Poor translations? Sounded fine to me. And you always find typos and stuf in every FF. Can't get them all. The battle system was more realistic though. A surge of emotion can bring great strength. Much better than just having low health and then you can be invincible using Lionheart or something. Most of these new age gamers such whiners on the matter that they don't truly see how good the game is.

I know. But, it could've been better

thanks Heero
    Last edited by Fantasy Fan; 05-18-2006 at 10:38 PM.

FFXIV Character

WARNING: GRAMMAR ERROR. IT IS NOT COULD OF AND NEVER WILL BE. IT'S COULD HAVE.

:laugh: I just wanted to do that. Anyways, the game was overall great. It's just how these new age gamers don't like anything that goes outside ofa trend.

Blog Entries

The game is out and done with, so I don't see a point in wondering of much better could have been, today. If Square were to re-release FFVII today, I am sure a lot of people would find the original to be the lesser game. It is what it is and there's no point in wondering of much better it could have been.

The game is good as it is. It doesn't need to be changed. If there was one thing I could change though it's to expand Garnet's White Magic list to match Eiko's list, but that's it.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Heero Yuy NWZC
    A surge of emotion can bring great strength.
    That's one part I wasn't so keen on. Why on Earth would you use a surge of emotion against a bug or a plant? Nine times out of ten the Trance thing was wasted, that annoyed me.

I liked the game but found the battle system really sluggish, there was a good long gap between the time you pressed X to attack and when the character actually moved.

the game is perfect in everyway,i liked how thay changed it from future looking back to medieval times in some ways the story reminded me of seven which i loved.
    hhhhmmm i cant put it into words how good number IX was i loved every moment of it.it's my third fav final fantasy.

Spot on Chris. As everyone knows I dont like this game as much as the others, but I dont think it was rushed. Far from. Some people have suggested it was perhaps the fact that Square went medievil with it that made people dislike it. Maybe, but not me.