Thread: lolthf loldrg

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default lolthf loldrg

okay, browsing the Gamefaqs forums, I have come across various threads in the FFXI forum with names like... lolthf and loldrg

lots of payouts towards them follow....

so, whats there problem!?

IMO, there just jealous that they are awesome at high level >_>

EDIT: also lately I have noticed quite alot more Thiefs running around then in times past.

Gamesfaq is a very bad forum. They are so missinformed, and childish.

Edit: There's always been a lot of high level thiefs. And I still stand by that every job has it's uses, and to play the one you love, not the one other people think it stupid.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

I agree

thats why I standby being a Monk no matter what, cause my Mentor friend said that once I reach level 61-ish, everyone will com flocking to me for a ... bones invite, and I can shove em off till I have satisfied my amusement.

edit: and Hand-to-hand is... "sexay"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    I agree

thats why I standby being a Monk no matter what, cause my Mentor friend said that once I reach level 61-ish, everyone will com flocking to me for a ... bones invite, and I can shove em off till I have satisfied my amusement.

edit: and Hand-to-hand is... "sexay"
    Actually I'm not aware of any consistent bones PTs you can get before KRT where you probably wouldn't start XPing until around 70.

I don't understand what people dislike about these jobs. DRG puts out some very solid damage. I think the negative of DRG (and DRK) is that a certain demographic seems to be attracted to them. Most extremely immature 12 year olds that couldn't care less and suck horrible choose to play these jobs and it gives them a bad rep. Still they are both very awesome imo.

THF is a lifesaver for NIN tank PTs and since NINs tend to be in style THFs actually get decent invites for a little while but they drop off mid-level when more NINs can hold hate themselves and SATA+WS isn't quite as impressive.

MNK is unpopular for one big reason. They can't open distortion. For someone reason people never want to even think of making fusion. Sure everything is weak to ice but it's not gonna break your PT to have a MNK open fusion. By the time MNK can open distortion fragmentation is more the flavor. Oh well.

Also jobs will get a bad rep post-nerf. RNGs are still a great job but nobody wants them any more. They can't spend all of their money at IGE to buy expensive ammo an spam uber damage with impunity (Utsusemi). Now they actually need *gasp* a skill. The skill to stand in the right spot like BRD and the skill to not over do it with the damage like BLM. Still great DDs and pretty close to the RNG of old with /WAR but with a tainted rep they are pretty screwed.

FFXIV Character

xD totally

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

thieves get largely ignored for xp, and really for a lot of everything else unless ppl want th2 or someone to sac all their xp pulling. The Wyrms are perfect evidence of the hard-knock life that thieves have. Melee can't stay in front of the wyrm bc of conical aoe, so no Trick Attack. Also cannot stand behind for Sneak Attack because of the various Flails. Many end game mobs have similar setups wherein melee are supposed to stand to the sides, which totally screws thief. Nevertheless I love thief, and wish SE would give them a break once in a while.

Blog Entries

Blue mage = love

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I didn't know Thief/Dragoon was even a recommended combonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Blue mage = love
    QFT
    jkhkjg

Ah, gamefaqs. The site of fads. Just ignore the idiots that flood the XI forums. THF is actually good, but some of the people who play them steal all the items/exp and get you killed (happened to me). DRG looks pretty cool, but bad accuracy.
    The Element Stones (C) forever!

Quote Originally Posted by DWARKYZIDEZ
    Ah, gamefaqs. The site of fads. Just ignore the idiots that flood the XI forums. THF is actually good, but some of the people who play them steal all the items/exp and get you killed (happened to me). DRG looks pretty cool, but bad accuracy.
    Actually, they're the only ones with a job trait of added accuracy. They have pretty good accuracy, they just can't wear a lot of the nice equipment like Hauby, but they can wear a more expensive Scorpian Harness.

Nearly ever melee job needs some sort of added accuracy, but I see a lot of DRG's with other things like STR instead and they tend to do very well in an party.

I also agree with you on GamFAQs.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I never spend much time at GameFAQs with a few exceptions (when playing through FF DoS and FFIVA). Today while playing through one of those games while playing FFXI I decided to stop by the GameFAQs FFXI boards.

I would say (especially for a game like FFXI) GameFAQs is filled with extremely immature people and a lot of misinformation.