Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: transvestites for characters

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Who said anything about making two main characters?
    They could of just like, made someone more average, not too feminine, not too masculine.
    As I said before, I couldnt care less at the moment, FFXIII looks good, I dont even think 'Lightning' (if thats her name) looks that manly.
    Yeah you would get warned if you insult someone the forum, which Deathknight didnt actually do, he insulted a character designer. If I insult Tony Blair, no one will give a damn. Unless someone really did get offended by that, and if thats the case, then bummer and im sorry. Anyway, LunarWeaver either told me or Deathknight to broaden our/his/mine horizon/s, suggesting we're, he, or I are/is ignorant, so go figure. Its not like I care.

*Goes off to watch Dead Ringers*
    My point was, you'd be changing the main character to suit your needs, or other people rather, making it 2 characters, same name, same attitude, 2 looks, which is rather useless and a waste of money and time.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, 1 look, a balance.

*Gets back to Dead Ringers*

FFXIV Character

So you're saying making a more feminine male into a masculine male isn't a change of look? If that were true, whats the big deal then? If it were so simple to "balance" as you so delicately put it, why bother complaining about the characters, and why can't you just live with it? (this isn't directed at you, using the words you is just easier since we're discussing this and not other people)

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    This is just a difference of gender standards...

America is stuck on "you're so gay" permanent obsession status, so our males are obscenely over the top. Whereas Japan is all about the bishies, so girls over there would think he is hot.

Gender appearances and roles come and go and shape and change, and in a few hundred years American men could all be wearing skirts... Scottish men do it, so heyhey ya never know.

You only think so and so looks like a girl or guy because you happened to be born into this certain time in this certain country

Broaden your horizons and realize that the rest of the world shouldn't morph their entire culture to be more like America just because it pleases you. America is a newbie to the planet earth, and it's pretty arrogant to expect everybody else to cater to us.
    Why don't THEY broaden their horizons and make more manly main(male)-characters for a CHANGE.

from FFVII(which was the 1st FF where you could REALLY make REAL character models)they've created girly-looking main characters. So if anyone needs to broaden their horizons, it's the damn Japanese.

I think we should all probably just let it go ^_^

The important thing is I think the blue-haired fellow is 'hawt', and I'm all that matters to me.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight

America is stuck on "you're so gay" permanent obsession status, so our males are obscenely over the top. Whereas Japan is all about the bishies, so girls over there would think he is hot.

Gender appearances and roles come and go and shape and change, and in a few hundred years American men could all be wearing skirts... Scottish men do it, so heyhey ya never know.

You only think so and so looks like a girl or guy because you happened to be born into this certain time in this certain country

Broaden your horizons and realize that the rest of the world shouldn't morph their entire culture to be more like America just because it pleases you. America is a newbie to the planet earth, and it's pretty arrogant to expect everybody else to cater to us.
    Why don't THEY broaden their horizons and make more manly main(male)-characters for a CHANGE.

from FFVII(which was the 1st FF where you could REALLY make REAL character models)they've created girly-looking main characters. So if anyone needs to broaden their horizons, it's the damn Japanese.
    Good way to sound racist, but I agree with lunar, I'm dropping this as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight

Good way to sound racist, but I agree with lunar, I'm dropping this as of now.
    racist??? And I agree, it's better to drop this thing.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yay.
    (Hes not racist just as LunarWeaver isnt racist for the american comment)
    Anyway. Im really excited about this game, it looks amazing.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I'm still waiting for a ridiculously affeminette(sp) male vampire as the main character of a Final Fantasy (cmooooooon FFXIV) . Heehee, I like transvestite characters for some reason, they make me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    I'm still waiting for a ridiculously affeminette(sp) male vampire as the main character of a Final Fantasy (cmooooooon FFXIV) .
    I would love Square forever. O___O

Anyway, I really don't care how effeminate the male characters are--I actually prefer a certain degree of it. I never get excited at the large, hulking, muscley types, in games or in life. Just my tastes. Still, Vaan's huge doe eyes took me by surprise when I first looked at him and thought, 'that's a guy'. But you know, I got over it in about two minutes, and he was just another FF character to me. The first words that came to my mind when I first saw this girl had nothing to do with "manliness" or whatever. I just thought she was incredibly cool and kickass, and I still think so. Actually the first thing I said after I saw the trailer was "She's hot." And I'm not even gay! But whatever, I'm sure once you play the game you'll find the strength to come to terms with your masculinity issues. You being the manly man who started this topic. K? :3
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

masculinity issues? hahaha your great* anyways I was going to forget about my post but I had some time to kill and came back to see ppls replys. well somebody else said im just like everybody else here and will end up buying the game anyways, I still don't think I will, I haven't bought a FF game since FFXI came out (Im not paying a monthly bill to play a game, even if it is FF). As far as Broadening my horizons, im not going to force myself to like something to better suit japan or anyone else for that matter, everyone wants to have the "be equal to all world peace attitude" but alot of the times that just doesn't work, FF games to me have been some of the greatest games ever made but with all the new stuff thats been coming out I just don't feel that way anymore and it's not because of just this one issue either, gameplay/storyline too hasn't been so great(my opinion again). Fallen angel, I don't think the male characters should be bulked up meatheads on steroids just not look like they have had a series of plastic surgery opps and botox injections.

signed,
    the manly man who started this topic. ( =

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by varnirius2
    masculinity issues? hahaha your great* anyways I was going to forget about my post but I had some time to kill and came back to see ppls replys. well somebody else said im just like everybody else here and will end up buying the game anyways, I still don't think I will, I haven't bought a FF game since FFXI came out (Im not paying a monthly bill to play a game, even if it is FF). As far as Broadening my horizons, im not going to force myself to like something to better suit japan or anyone else for that matter, everyone wants to have the "be equal to all world peace attitude" but alot of the times that just doesn't work, FF games to me have been some of the greatest games ever made but with all the new stuff thats been coming out I just don't feel that way anymore and it's not because of just this one issue either, gameplay/storyline too hasn't been so great(my opinion again). Fallen angel, I don't think the male characters should be bulked up meatheads on steroids just not look like they have had a series of plastic surgery opps and botox injections.

signed,
    the manly man who started this topic. ( =
    Alright then, so don't get it, problem solved.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yep, we'll all enjoy it while you sulk. nah just kidding.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Yep, we'll all enjoy it while you sulk. nah just kidding.
    Minus the just kidding.

American gendering is slightly more complicated than it simply being about the "girlie = gay" corrupted western obsession. In America at least, the warrior's masculinity has long been determined by the amount of physical effort exerted in one's life. Carpenters & various other construction workers, law enforcers, and the men in the military who serve our nation; those who risk life and limb and severe injury to buildup and safeguard our country and the livelihood of those within have long been considered masculine and warrior-like. It's not easy building a castle or even a small house, yet over the centuries it was the laborers who exerted the most muscle, flaunted the most risk, and experienced the least praise.

The whole bishonen thing is more about the inexperienced warrior, a hand reaching out to let kids, adolescents and teenagers, believe that there could very well be more to their lives. More excitement, more wonder, more adventure . . . more friendship, love, and romance.