Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hear the FFIII on PS2 rumor yet?

I agree that is very unlikely for a PS2 release to hapen.

But what about the PSP?

I find this stupid but hopes it happens. I hope they do it to push the balls off of DS owners. Like how they did un intentionally with FFVII to be on the N64.

Quote Originally Posted by Shout View Post
    I find this stupid but hopes it happens. I hope they do it to push the balls off of DS owners. Like how they did un intentionally with FFVII to be on the N64.
    I hope it doesent just to counter your post.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

You DO know that it's already been released in Japan for the DS, right?

Yeah, I saw the ROM like last week.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Also, FFVII was never being made for the N64. Sorry to break it to you.

Oh yeah. I think it was the fans thought it was because of the whole nintendo and square thing so they were devestated to find out it was actually on the PS, right? My bad

Quote Originally Posted by polonoid View Post
    I agree that is very unlikely for a PS2 release to hapen.

But what about the PSP?
    It still wouldn't make any sense for the same reason a PS2 version wouldn't make sense, it'd need another upgrade. I think, if people have not figured it out yet, this rumor came from the fact that the game was on the PS2 in the first place. Then Kawazu announced it for the DS in 2004 and the project was moved.

It was going to be on the PS2? When? I know I've heard about the failed Wonder Swan remake, and early rumors of a FF3 GBA.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

FFIII was never going to be on the PS2. The original plan was to develop a remake for the WonderSwan Color, but right around the release of the FFII remake, the GBA came out and quickly eliminated the WSC as a viable market. For the next few years, Bandai pleaded with Square to remake it for the WonderSwan Crystal while Nintendo asked them to produce it for the GBA, but Square had become too busy with other projects to appease either of them. By the time they freed up space in their schedule, the DS had become the next big market.

According to an article in an EGM magazine I recieved:

'Actually, this sought-after remake almost didn't happen on Nintendo's so-hot-right-now portable. "We had started working on a PlayStation 2 version of FFIII," admits Tanaka. "But we changed gears and shifted development to the DS." Doing so allowed the team to take advantage of the DS' unique functionality. "You can actually play the entire game through using just the stylus and touch screen," Tanaka explains. "You can use it to navigate through the menus, to choose items and spells in battle, or to select which group of enemies to attack in a battle." The dual-screen usage isn't quite as creative - the standard map-screen paradigm persists here, and the top display isn't even used in battles. "We limited the game to one screen in battles in order to max out the DS' graphical capabilities on the bottom display," explains Tanaka.'
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I can't be held responsible for such covert developments! Check it: Legend of Mana was originally planned for the Game Boy Color. I know a guy at Brownie Brown.

It was said in EGM, and in another interview on touch-ds.jp.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

But not until after the fact.