Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hear the FFIII on PS2 rumor yet?

no offence but... dream on

Default Ok people

Yall.. FFIII is the same as FFVI.. in other words.. the SNES Relese of FF 3 is the same EXACT game as FF 6 in Japan AND has already been relesed on the PS1 they arent going to relese the same game on PS2 this late it doesent make sense at all..

... FF3 was exactly for the SNES. But not for the Super Famicom. Japan develops the FF games, and goes by thier numbers. FF2 and 3 (1900) are different from the English FF2 and 3 (FF4 and 6). Play FF2 for the GBA, and see what I mean. If they released FF3 for the PS2, it would make plenty of sense. It is not the same as FF6 nowhatsoever. FF3 has Job classes. FF6 has Tina and Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by CheysTidus View Post
    Yall.. FFIII is the same as FFVI.. in other words.. the SNES Relese of FF 3 is the same EXACT game as FF 6 in Japan AND has already been relesed on the PS1 they arent going to relese the same game on PS2 this late it doesent make sense at all..
    ... I hope you're kidding because everyone know that this game is the real FFIII, not FFVI.

Quote Originally Posted by CheysTidus View Post
    No, this is the REAL FF III. This was released for the Famicon in the late eighties/early nineties. It was never released in the US. US version will actually be released for the DS in 2 weeks. FF III is NOT the same as FF VI. The reason why FF VI was called FF III in the US back when it was released for the SNES was because it was the 3rd FF game to be released in the states. FF VI deals with Terra, espers, etc. FF III deals with crystals, jobs, and some cools NPCs(like Desh). So no, they're not the same. Still confused? Then read this FAQ

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=43493

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How can we not all know the numbering by now? ;_;

Like I said before, Dream on... the only reason this rumour (sp?) started is because someone who didn't have a DS, and had had a PS2, wished it owuld come out 4 the PS2... Dream on...
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

so... why double post an insult? Especially when you can edit the first post by clicking the edit button that only appears at the bottom of your own posts.

meh... in any case, the DS version will be out Nov 15th ish. If there will be a PS2 release or a PSP release, it would be awesome, despite the fact that I don't have either, but it would also come to a complete surprise to me. As for who started these rumors, it doesn't matter. You can speculate it all you want, but unless you know for a fact, its not worth guessing. Mostly because they are nothing but rumors. Now, I will not say its not fun to speculate, but I don't enjoy seeing posts about people using that to talk about how stupid someone else is.

If anyone has a genuine question about such a thing, it deserves to be answered politely, and honestly. Not with some lame comment about how stupid you are for asking it. Anyone who does post such a think I would imagine is just asking to be banned.
    The project that was awesome, has fallen apart... oh well.

Actually, there is some spark of truth behind the whole ordeal. If you look at an interview that was made around the time FF III DS was released in Japan, they mentioned that they had originally thought about bringing it to the PS2. So this rumor is most likey someone hearing this tibit, and thinking it was a report of what was going to happen, not a dissmissed idea.

Tying into my last paragraph, Undnce's statement probably has a sliver of truth in it. The person who reported this probably did want it on PS2. Thus, this news would have been like a dream come true for them, and they would take it and run with it.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site