Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A bit TOO futuristic.

I haven't played any other futuristic themed FF's before FF8 but I really thought the theme was good and fitting. As long as the surroundings fit in well with the themes, I will be happy .

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

Quote Originally Posted by IceAngel
    I haven't played any other futuristic themed FF's before FF8 .

Only FF before VIII that was futuristic was VII. The rest had a medieval setting and VI was somewhat of a mix
    Last edited by Crossblades; 06-30-2006 at 09:36 PM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

they weren't all that futuristic.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

omg ff13 is slightly more futuristic than previous FF'S COMMIT SUICIDE!!

-_-
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78
    omg ff13 is slightly more futuristic than previous FF'S COMMIT SUICIDE!!

-_-
    I'd actually say it was a lot more futuristic, and your comment, while potentially witty, just sounds a bit silly to be honest. No-one is suggesting that this is a total and utter disaster, so you don't have to act like everyone is saying this is a total and utter disaster.

For my previous point: FF7 was sci-fi yes, but it was a Full Throttle kind of sci-fi, with rotting buildings, and the incredible sense of rust that Square got so right in making it. I haven't played 8, but judging by the screenshots, it isn't anything like what 13 is going to be. I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing. Certainly, I like my Final Fantasy's more fantasy than sci-fi, but this game looks very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Interesting, wikipedia says there will be crystals again in FFXIII, at least Versus. Ok, now this should be interesting. There are no crystals in futuristic or steampunk FF's. Put crystals in a FFVII/VIII or more advanced world--well, if the KH team does Versus, then I don't think they'd ruin anything. It'll definitely be interesting. I didn't exactly grow up with the medieval FFs, but I have played them, so I'll look at FFXIII with enthusiam and intrigue, and so should all of you.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

my top concern is also the storyline. FF7 and 8 were futuristic and they were fine and as long as the storylines good it should be a good game. its best not to judge it until it comes out and you play it for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    None of the games were completely midieval anyway. There's always going to be airships, so poof, there goes that. (And usually some sort of 'lost technology' theme, which is inevitable.) Whether it isn't modern or not, there will be technology. It just depends on how much. (In this case, a bit more than usual.)
    there was no lost technology in FF1!!!!!!11 omgeez

--

Why would anyone watch TV for a storyline? rofl. Storyline is a perfectly legitimate concern in a video game, enough with this silly "go read a book" stuff. The battle system sounds solid enough, I don't like waiting through long animations to give my next command, so this whole pre-progrmaming thing or whatever (I haven't read much about it, so not sure completely) doesn't sound half bad.

I just with there were the classic aeons.

--

And people should maybe read the thread before they post this whole "omg futuristic = /wrists rofl" junk. The OP changed his mind, if you notice.
    <----Old Fogey

the trailer was a bit dissapointing to me.. i dont mind futuristic surroundings but... it seems that it had no life in it.. no feeling..
    i cant say anything for sure just now.. just gotta wait until it comes out

for ps3.... which i cant afford, hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by pyro psychosis View Post
    well we havn't seen many other places in the game. maybe some parts of the world aren't so futuristic? maybe the closer you get to the crystal, the more advance the enviroment is. who knows?
    The crystal, what? The stary line has been annouced? If so please tell

The compilation the game is apart of has the title:"Tale of the Crystal"I'm sure there will be crystals...

And on the subject,I really wouldn't mind another FF in a futuristic setting.I think that FFXII that will be released soon will be the perfect mix for me.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is a way to make something futuristic, but rustic at the same time. Case in point, Firefly/Serenity.

I lean more towards enjoying the medieval setting but I liked the mix of future and past that happened in FFVII. I am not a fan of super futuristic or entirely sci-fi settings.

Yeah, you know that scene in the trailer, where she's walking through the woods... not exactly concrete and hover cars.

Well I like Xenosaga, and I'm alright with futuristic -- as long as it is broken up with beautiful nature environments (you see it in the teaser, for a few seconds, for FFXIII). I like futuristic and I like medieval settings too, so it's no real dissapointment for me at all.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I thought the futurestic look, looked pretty good. I like it, FF9's locations got kind of boring and bland IMO