Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quina's Frog Catching Game.

Blog Entries

Default Quina's Frog Catching Game.

Did you ever complete the entire quest? I did. Many of my friends gave up after some time; I love it! Well, what do you think about the sidequest?

i did it, i got to fight superchef!!! it was ok, i guess, a break from levelling up!! but i played the game about 4 times before i realised that to do it quicker i need to leave a few froggys to repopulate.....especially the gold ones!!!

it is really annoying though when you are sneaking up on an unsuspecting frog and you go to far to the left and zidane shows up to see if you had enough!!!! i managed to do it every visit to the marsh !!

Blog Entries

This is actually one of my favourite mini games ever! I agree. I hated that with Zidane, but it is really our own fault! But yes, at first I didn't realize that it would go much faster if you left some frogs behind to breed. <<

I did the entire sidequest. It was fun fighting Master Quan. It looked like something out of a kung fu movie

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I did it I didn't know what would happen when i got to 100 frogs, so i was'nt ready to fight Quan. I had Auto-Reflect on, so everytime he used his Water Attack it would bounce back and heal him. I didn't want to reload the game, cause it was ages since i'd last saved it, so i just kept fighting. It took over an hour to beat him.

Didn't feel like waiting. Quina wasn't my preferred character for the final assault so I didn't pay attention to its corresponding sidequest to boost its power.

I caught all 100, but I am not sure when I did it since it has been awhile. My total frog count is 140 though.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I got to about 120-ish. The boss fight at 100 took me by surprise. I think frog catching is one of the few if only times that I ever use the joystick
    ...Geddit?

I hated that side quest.
    I think I did it in the original marsh and then never did it again.

the frog game was fun for the first few frogs but then it got annoying...i can't say i hated it because there are some worse mini games like the lights game where you have to run in a correct route to get to the bridge and teh one where Cid has to move slowly so the monster doesn't notice him >< those were just plain time wasting! at least frogs satisfies Quina... i like that big food monster for some odd reason

I really did enjoy it, its one of the best sidequests Ive played. Seriously, it was challenging to collect all the frogs. I wanted to quit sometimes and not bother, but after awhile, it got more fun

i've always wondered, is the golden frog special in some sort of way?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i got up to 99 frogs and fought the boss. pretty easy. easier than i thought. i was around level 60 ish. it was easie than i thought and i barely ever use quina so it was pretty useless. fun though and thats one more optional boss ive beaten. the only one left for me is ozma.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    I caught all 100, but I am not sure when I did it since it has been awhile. My total frog count is 140 though.
    Heyy...just curious as to how you got more than 99 frogs...or is it possible to still get more after defeating Quale?? I still have about 23 more frogs to get to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummakid_22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    Heyy...just curious as to how you got more than 99 frogs...or is it possible to still get more after defeating Quale?? I still have about 23 more frogs to get to fight him.
    You can still catch frogs after you defeat Quale. In fact you need to catch more than 99 if you want to max Frog Drop's damage at 9999. I don't remember the formula, but I think it takes 123 frogs to max it at level 75.