Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virtua Fighter- For skilled gameplay

4 10.00%
  • Tekken- Combo juggling at its finest

11 27.50%
  • Soul Calibur- Button mashing with weapons

16 40.00%
  • Dead or Alive- Virtua Fighter style combat with beautiful well oiled lesbians

2 5.00%
  • Other

7 17.50%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite 3D fighting game

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    While I have nothing against Soul Caliber, I have to agree that it can be a button masher, if one wants it to be. Ive seen kids in arcades thinking there amazing because they can bash any buttons using Maxi, its pathetic....
    That's like saying Tekken doesn't require skill because someone could use Eddy. Clearly there is no parallel between that and Lei Wulong. Anyway, someone can button bash with Maxi, but someone really good can be unstoppable, not lucky.

Im more of a Mortal Kombat lover myself. Fatalaties and gallons of blood always win with me!!! Plus, Kitana and Mileena are hot (and who doesnt love Mileena's beautiful smile?)
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Blog Entries

Since fighting games suck, it has to be Tekken (the only one i've played)

there was a picture here

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    That's like saying Tekken doesn't require skill because someone could use Eddy. Clearly there is no parallel between that and Lei Wulong. Anyway, someone can button bash with Maxi, but someone really good can be unstoppable, not lucky.
    Beginner with Eddy versus experienced fighter with anyone at all = Eddy gets owned. Mashing can only get you so far...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Beginner with Eddy versus experienced fighter with anyone at all = Eddy gets owned. Mashing can only get you so far...
    You seemed to have completely missed the point of what MILF said.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    You seemed to have completely missed the point of what MILF said.
    I REALLY hate button combinations in fighting games. It's PATHETIC bo remember combos all the time. 2D fighting games like street fighter have a better fighting system, it uses the d-pad more which makes it FUN and not nerdy, I mean really, it's FUNNER to say, do a dircle and punch and you'll piledrive your opponent, than press kick kick punch forward punch to do a great combo, bleh.

PS: the nerdy part maybe ridiculous...but it's boring.

Why did you quote me? You didn't even respond to what I said. WHAT THE smurf?!?!?!

Anyways 2D fighters have a long way to go before the reach the master status of a game like Virtual Fighter. You don't really memorize a combo in that game so much as you memorize what all the different button presses are so you can flow in and out of them to do what you want.

The only 2D fighters I like are campy ones such as Marvel Vs Capcom or something like Bleach DS.

While I have nothing against Soul Caliber, I have to agree that it can be a button masher, if one wants it to be. Ive seen kids in arcades thinking there amazing because they can bash any buttons using Maxi, its pathetic....
    I hate buttonmashers.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    I hate buttonmashers.
    I second that feeling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengori
    I hate buttonmashers.
    I second that feeling.
    Guard impact, grab, 8-way run backwards. Plenty of options available to you. Generally the people who lose to buttonmashers in Soul Calibur are buttonmashers themselves.

Soul Calibur noobs poop me.

People who button mash are far from hard, seeing as they dont have a clue what there doing, they put themselves in easy positions for the opponent to attack.

People who button mash are far from hard, seeing as they dont have a clue what there doing, they put themselves in easy positions for the opponent to attack.
    Yup, but still, 3D games which are based on BUTTON smashing rather than D-pad button combinations get boring after some time.

special moves>button combos

Yup, but still, 3D games which are based on BUTTON smashing rather than D-pad button combinations get boring after some time.

Have you ever even played a 3D fighter and known what you are doing? From the sounds of it you have no damn clue what you are talking about.

Special moves in 2D fighters are retarded anyways because there is that big of a lack of normal moves to begin with so they fill it in with special moves like 'Fire Balls'

2D fighters are the scum of fighting games.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm

Have you ever even played a 3D fighter and known what you are doing? From the sounds of it you have no damn clue what you are talking about.

Special moves in 2D fighters are retarded anyways because there is that big of a lack of normal moves to begin with so they fill it in with special moves like 'Fire Balls'

2D fighters are the scum of fighting games.
    O RLY?! You know so much that if there wasn't street fighter there'd be no Tekken, DOA, and Soul Calibur(MUCH MUCH later in our life time or not at all).

And you better get your facts straight before accusing me of not knowing what I'm doing in 3D fighting games. Hell I could kick your ass 50 times a row in Virtua Fighter without mercy and I KNOW what I'm doing.

And at least 2D fighters have MEANINGFUL moves, not worthless combos which bores the game to death, there's nothing SPECIAL, nothing you'd say "WOW" 'bout since it's just a bunch of punch and kick with nothing special to them.

You said 3D fighters are based on button smashing. How can you be skilled if it is button smashing?

You keep talking about beating me up in virtual fighter all you want but seeing as how we will never meet we will never know. I own that game and I am pretty good at it...considering I use the noob fighter Lion or what ever his name is. I could learn someone else but no one else is as funny or as sexy looking as he is. Yes I am that shallow

Meaningful moves like fire ball? You say all 3D fighters are really nothing but punching and kicking...welcome to what fighting is. I don't recall ever seeing an advertisment to go to some martial arts school saying "You too can be like Ryu and learn the mysteries of the Hadoken."

Speical moves are fine but don't act like you can button mash with them. That is just ignorant. Everyone knows there are a few basic moves you can do. Fire ball motion, back to forward. Half circle. I can button mash in a 2D fighter also because 80% of the moves are the same motion. The results are different but they are also different with 3D fighters depending on the character chosen.

Yes. I do claim that you know nothing about 3D fighters still because you sure don't talk like you know anything about them.