Thread: 3 reason why FF differ from any other RPG

Default 3 reason why FF differ from any other RPG

1-cool characters
    2-great graphic
    3-presentation

Blog Entries

There was a stage, long ago, in which I <3ed FF with all my <3. But I'm telling you now that there are plenty of other RPGs that are just as awesome FF, and quite a few of them are significantly better IMO. Tales of Phantasia, Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger are my all-time favs when it comes to console RPGs and they pwn FF muchly. I'd probably be able to name more but I don't really play RPGs. It's just not my genre. FF and the aforementioned games are pretty much the only ones I've dipped into. I haven't even gone near the slightly less mainstream ones like Star Ocean and Xenosaga (I can't even name any more )

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    There was a stage, long ago, in which I <3ed FF with all my <3. But I'm telling you now that there are plenty of other RPGs that are just as awesome FF, and quite a few of them are significantly better IMO. Tales of Phantasia, Golden Sun and Chrono Trigger are my all-time favs when it comes to console RPGs and they pwn FF muchly. I'd probably be able to name more but I don't really play RPGs. It's just not my genre. FF and the aforementioned games are pretty much the only ones I've dipped into. I haven't even gone near the slightly less mainstream ones like Star Ocean and Xenosaga (I can't even name any more :( )
    You said that Tales of Phantasia are good just like ff?...You gotta be kidding...other rpg that is as good as FF are Grandia 3 and Dragon Quest 8...Shadow Hearts Covenant is good too...as well as Kingdom Hearts 2...

Suikoden >>> Final Fantasy.

That's all that needs to be said.
    lol signature

The Xeno games are much better than final fantasy story-wise.

The only problem with the Xeno games is that the people who make them don't know how to manage their money. So the series generally don't get finished because of that.

The Shadow Hearts, Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia series have wayyyyyy better battle systems then the FF series IMO. Different and better then pressing X to issue a comand.

To be honest FF is the only RPG i've ever played on the the console. I've always preferred RPG's for the PC and they have cool characters, great graphics and presentation, the reason FF differs from all other RPG's apparently.

Wild Arms and Fire Emblem are much more awesome than Final Fantasy.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Wild Arms 2 I though was on par wiht my favorite FF, along with 4. 3 was better than most FF's. Xenosaga was better than them all. Chrono Trigger is definatley up there, aong with Shadow Hearts Covenent. Only Suikoke I playe was IV, which sucked, but I'm willing to try V.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    Wild Arms 2 I though was on par wiht my favorite FF, along with 4. 3 was better than most FF's. Xenosaga was better than them all. Chrono Trigger is definatley up there, aong with Shadow Hearts Covenent. Only Suikoke I playe was IV, which sucked, but I'm willing to try V.
    Suiko V was great, but II is the best one by far.
    lol signature

1) Because they make 600 billion dollars

2)They make sequels to sequels, which leaves me wanting Xmen2-2

3)Some will your eat your face off for disliking it

I've heard, but it seems difficult to get a copy of that one.

1-huge production value
    2-great storyline
    3-great invention in any series

with the upcoming FF12, it just got far more great...

Blog Entries

1. I will
    2. knock you all
    3. down.

'Nuff said.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say that every tri-Ace game is better, but meh. I love many RPGs, especially Final Fantasy, but there are most definitely RPGs better than it. (This doesn't mean I don't like it, keep that in mind please.) I can't think of anything that puts it above all the rest, other than it being unique, but that doesn't make it better.

Other series I like:

tri-Ace games (I've just grouped them together.)
    Dragon Quest
    Mother
    Suikoden
    Grandia
    Tales

for a few.