View Poll Results: Are you seeing xmen 3 (public)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

52 60.47%
  • no...

10 11.63%
  • Im not telling you because Im cool like that.

8 9.30%
  • I dunno.

16 18.60%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DUDE WTF!? XMEN 3

YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!
    Of course Im going to see it. I loved the other 2 and I love XMen. Im looking foward to seeing Beast. Pity Gambits not going to put in an apperance, but Phoenix Wish my mate Phil was alive to see it, he adored Phoenix.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am sad that Singer didn't come back to direct the third one because I thought he did a fantastic job with the first two, especially with X2. I very much doubt that X3 is going to be as good as the third chapter and finale of this trilogy should be but I'll see it anyway.

Ian McKellen will be good no matter what and that's a comfort.

(SPOILER)Proffessor X and Cyclops die, Mystique loses her powers.

I think they need to let Rogue grow up a bit before pulling Gambit in. Those characters just aren't who they are together, without the sexual tension- and Gambit would not play well as teeny-bopper or craddle robber.

So, yeah, let Gambit in the next one. Besides- who are we possibly going to find in real life that is even half cool enough to portray him?
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

The ending of 3 leads me to believe that there won't be a 4.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's already been numerous interviews and reports saying that there will be no X4. Not saying that there won't be future X-Men movies, just that these three movies were meant to be a Trilogy and this third movie is the conclusion of that trilogy. So even if there are more X-Men movies in the future it won't be part of this set of movies. It'd be a whole different franchise. Much like how with Lord of the Rings, there was always meant to be only 3, but that doesn't mean that there won't be a Hobbit movie in the future. It just won't be a part of the Trilogy.

I read somewhere or another that what'shisface and Ratner are gonna do a Wolverine spin-off or something...and that would always be cool. I'm kinda ticked that Singer ditched out on number 3... Superman is sposed to go trilogy status if the first one makes lots of moolah, so hopefully Singer doesn't do 2 movies then decide he'd rather make an Aquaman movie instead... and no I have no links for proof of any of this. *lazy*

I'll see this just for Jean...coz I am in love with fictional characters like that *smitten*

Articles

Bullet Tooth Tony as Juggernaut = win

Brett Ratner worries me, but you know I'll definitely be in line.

Ive wondered if there would be a Wolverine spin off. Looking at Logans past leading up to becoming a member of the XMen.

I dont like the fact that Vinnie Jones has been called in as Juggernaut. I dunno, it just seems to obivious to me. When I heard Juggernaut was going to put in an apperance, I did think of VJ.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    (SPOILER)Proffessor X and Cyclops die, Mystique loses her powers.
    I knew that guy(whoever plays Wolverine) didn't like Cyclops at ALL. He made him a SHORTY-teenage looking character. Instead of the MILITARY-LIKE leader that he always was.

I knew that guy(whoever plays Wolverine) didn't like Cyclops at ALL. He made him a SHORTY-teenage looking character. Instead of the MILITARY-LIKE leader that he always was.
    What? Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine, what does he have to do with how Cyclops is portrayed? Thats the director or writers choice.

Although I read Spike Lee was present for the last 2 films being made, so why he didnt step in and make Rogue younger, Cyclops tougher or involve Gambit I dont know. He must have liked what he seen.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfpnAOfeyU

The clip made me laugh and laugh. But hopefully it's not an indication of how the rest of the movie will go or I might drown from the cheesiness of it all.

Articles

OMFG

*love*

Actually, Im pretty much out of love with X-men these days and will likely wait until #3 hits DVD. The comics have gotten beyond stupid (Cyclops gettin it on with White Queen is beyond outrageous. How many times has magneto died by this point? Mystique trying to seduce gambit as a way to show to rouge he can't be trusted as a boyfriend? ) and the movies just didn't do that many characters justice. Halle Berry just didnt do storm any justice, Cyclops has been shafted and shat on, Jean has been developed fairly well, but the only characters that FEEL like they've been given any real justice is Magneto, Xavier, and of course, Wolverine.

So yah, X-men was once cool, but It seems as though not even Clairemont by this point can save what was once a gerat franchise. By this point If wolverine fought shingen again and asked "Am I worthy now?" Shingen would just say "no" and shut the door in his face.

I will probably head to the theatre to watch it. I've seen the last two in the theatre and enjoyed them, so I can only hope it'll at least be just as good.