View Poll Results: Are you seeing xmen 3 (public)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

52 60.47%
  • no...

10 11.63%
  • Im not telling you because Im cool like that.

8 9.30%
  • I dunno.

16 18.60%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DUDE WTF!? XMEN 3

I just saw it and I must say I am impressed. Kelsey Grammer owned all as beast, he had some of the best lines. "Aw, You'll get the point!" And I dunno WHAT this new director went and said to halle Berry but DAMN she made a total turnaround in this film. For the past two films she's been pathetic. In this film she was absoloutely badarse. (SPOILER) I was laughing my ass off when she threw that one mutant against the fence using the hurricaine force for added oomph, after whupping her arse, and then going all emperor palpatine with the lightning bolts and frying her like a bucket of KFC. Moral of Last stand kids is DO NOT F*** WITH STORM!

By the way, can anyone tell me who was that Mutant that storm was fighting with? I thought it was Callisto, but I dont think Callisto had super speed or the power to detect other mutants.

Oh yah, and Arclite is one of the marauders, their leader actually. a mutant attack squad formed by Mr. Sinister. If one of the marauders dies, he just clones them again and makes them more powerful.

But yah, I was surprised, it was really good and a huge improvement over the first two films. Fastball special rules and wolverine was still cool but not the focus of this film. I thought this new guy totally owned Bryan Singer in every way. Maybe this new director is a mutant with the power not to overuse wolverine and not to make sucky movies.

(SPOILER)But Cyclops death still sucked though. Considering how shafted he was in the first two films, I guess you can look at this as a mercy killing. But doesn't exactly help his coolness factor that his woman kills him and goes to get it on with wolverine. It's the claws right? Chicks dig the claws.

Bring on X-4!

Excelsior!

(SPOILER)I hated Cyclops in the first two movies, and I was thrilled that he died at the very beginning. The reason I don't think they'll make a 4th one is (SPOILER)because there are only, like, two X-Men left.

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    (SPOILER)I hated Cyclops in the first two movies, and I was thrilled that he died at the very beginning. The reason I don't think they'll make a 4th one is (SPOILER)because there are only, like, two X-Men left.
    (SPOILER)Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat are the only X-men left. Though I think they'd actually do something with Angel if a sequal was made, and turn him into an X-man. Considering he didn't really do much in the film.

Articles

(SPOILER)They might be the only X-Men, but not the only mutants. The cure is only temporary, or they could make it that way leaving room open for another one.

Man what is up with that Spoiler function? It's pissing me off.

I want to see it. I didn't mind X-2 but I prefered X. I'm not a big fan of X-Men I just like movies.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

if you didn't like the movie you just have expectations that are way too high.

Blog Entries

I didn't mind the other two, I wont go out of my way to see it tho.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'll have to watch the other two again, and dig around a find a copy of Generation X.

I'm not usually one to cry at the pictures, but this film had me tearful within the first five minutes. Stupid Warren Worthington II! There are, however, circular movements. The jilted Raven could still pursue a career as an already trained assassin, while Erik simply stares at his chessboard and feeds crumbs to the pigeons. Rogue made the right choice because she hadn't absorbed Ms Marvel's powers and so had no redeeming features to her mutation whatsoever. Also: Get a haircut. WHY DIDN'T CHARLES SAY HELLO TO HIS STEPBROTHER OH WAIT HE WAS DYING FOR NO REASON. I was expecting sentinels, llandra and Nightcrawler and instead I got some wide eyed boy who cured all mutants except for jean when he was standing right in front of her for some reason! Bonus points for bringing in Colossus, but minus points for once again neglecting Gambit although I guess that would be redundant seeing as Rogue (chibirogue?) is only sixteen or something. Flashbacks are suave because Erik and Charles are fantastic.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Erik is so gay for Charles. I love it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked the first X-Men movie, loved the second one, had pretty mild expectations for this movie since changing directors can't be a good thing, and I still say the movie sucked.

Not in terms of the acting or anything like that, but dude, they killed everyone off! Wtf was that about? What happened to nightcrawler? Why was rogue only in like 10 minutes of the movie? Why was the Angel guy only like in 6 minutes of the movie? Why were there only like 5 X-men at the end? What happened to the President from the 2nd movie? How could they kill off so many people and not make a big deal out of it? Oh, scott is dead, alrighty moving on. Isn't Scott like the MAIN X-men dude? The leader and all that good stuff? Why was there absolutely no redemption for Jean? She's super evil now and her end only comes with her death? Uh. Lame.

So so sooo lame.

PS. If I were a fan of the comics, I would probably be pretty upset with this piss poor movie.

P.P.S. Ian McKellen is god.

There's a good possibility that they'll do a Woverine spinoff movie.

I liked that this one was on the darker side. I don't like it when protagonists win completely.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

"do you know who i am? i'm teh jugganaut biatch!"
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I still think they should've had Jean/The Phoenix destroy an entire city or something. She was kind of lame, except when she was (SPOILER)killing off Cyclops and Prof. Xavier. Also, Rogue might as well have been excluded from the movie. I was expecting she might do something important at the end, since the rest of the time she does basically nothing, but nooo.

Aside from those complaints, though, I really enjoyed the movie.

Blog Entries

Heh. Juggernaut got owned pretty bad. xD

One thing I noticed when Logan was walking up toward Jean in the midst of all her psycho-destruction was that his shirt, skin and flesh was disintegrating yet his pants remain intact the whole time. Jean must've have preferred to keep his pants on for whatever reason. ^^

Other than that, the whole movie seemed like an excuse to show off pretty CGI.

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci
    Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    (SPOILER)Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat are the only X-men left. Though I think they'd actually do something with Angel if a sequal was made, and turn him into an X-man. Considering he didn't really do much in the film.
    (SPOILER)Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn