View Poll Results: Are you seeing xmen 3 (public)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

52 60.47%
  • no...

10 11.63%
  • Im not telling you because Im cool like that.

8 9.30%
  • I dunno.

16 18.60%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DUDE WTF!? XMEN 3

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci
    Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness
    (SPOILER)I hated Cyclops in the first two movies, and I was thrilled that he died at the very beginning. The reason I don't think they'll make a 4th one is (SPOILER)because there are only, like, two X-Men left.
    (SPOILER)Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat are the only X-men left. Though I think they'd actually do something with Angel if a sequal was made, and turn him into an X-man. Considering he didn't really do much in the film.
    (SPOILER)Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    what happened to nightcrawler

PS. If I were a fan of the comics, I would probably be pretty upset with this piss poor movie.

P.P.S. Ian McKellen is god.
    Everyone knows what happened to him, play X III the game.
    and I am a fan I enjoyed it, what's your deal, nothing makes you happy?

Default i wanna c it

I wanna c XMen 3 it looks gud has any1 seen it? Is it any gud?

ii lOve th3 way yOu loOok at m3e ..
    .. When yOu thiink ii dOnt nOtiice

ii lOve Wesley Ellis.. <3

:nibbles:

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's like Miriel is the only one with any ability to look at things critically here.

On its on, X3 was worth seeing. Next to the other two X-men movies it was a HUGE disappointment. They took all the important moral and philosophical stuff and threw it away. Sure, that left some kickass action scenes, but those alone make a fun movie, not a good movie.

(SPOILER)Ok, so the whole stuff about a cure. Well, there was absolutely no sense of threat at all. There should have been more near the beginning about it, more discussion from Prof X. about the implications of it, and more reason for Magneto to get uppity. As it was, it felt like Magneto was being uppity over nothing noteworthy. Yes, I know why from inferences and some knowledge of the comics, but there wasn't enough in the movie to indicate it. Then they tried to make Phoenix the threat, but she just didn't feel like one. She killed Scott and Prof X (At least to our knowledge until the end.), and... made some stuff float... and... did not feel anything like the superweapon she's meant to be.

Two: Again with Magneto - isn't he supposed to be one of the most intelligent people living? Second only to Prof X, Beast, and a couple of others? So why in the hell was he so stupid? "WHAT HAVE I DONE ONOES?!" when he's had his best friend, and someone he respects immensely, killed by Phoenix, he's had the cure pointed at him by her, and he's generally far too clever to ever let anyone that unstable have more power than he does anyway?

Completely gratifying from the visceral perspective. The special effects were awesome. Completely not awesome in terms of narrative.

I was dissapointed. They tryed to fit to many mutants into too small a time. Juggernaught didn't even do anything worthwhile.
    (SPOILER)He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.
    I thought he was awsome, but very dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    (SPOILER)Spoiler: Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn
    (SPOILER)
    Jubilee made a cameo on the second film, but I think they cut that part out and stuck it in the extras on the DVD. And it was 'Kid Omega' in the film, not spike.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    (SPOILER)Spoiler: He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.
    (SPOILER)When he knocked himself out it was because he had been depowered since he got close to Leech, and without his power he couldn't take the force of himself slamming into the wall. etc.

I just saw it last night and as a trusty fan of the two other X-men movies I was quite disappointed. I mean, it was not bad, but it could have been so much better.

Things I did not like about it was the amount of characters in it. There were just too damn many, and with a run time on 100 minutes there was not enough time for all of the characters. (The following will be spoiler marked 'cause... well, ya know..) (SPOILER)I know that the Jean Grey/Phoenix storyline had to fill a lot, but in my opinion there could've been more because she was just too cool for school . Also Mystique (probably my favourite of the bunch) lost her powers after a very short time, and after having been such a big character in the two other movies this was a very lousy way to get rid of her... and for what reason? Besides, we did not get some back story about how the police had caught her, she was just caught... pretty lame. Cyclops was also killed off very fast, and Rogue played almost no role at all... I mean, WTF!? Angel was also brought in, but had absolutely no purpose whatsoever in the movie... so why his backstory in the beginning of the film? Charles Xavier's death didn't serve any purpose either, except for a very, very cool action scene, and finally Magneto and Rogue losing their powers was just as upsetting as Mystique losing hers...sigh. - Storm becomming the new leader was just too much... I know she's a powerful mutant, but the character is just too boring.
    The major problem was, as said, too many characters and way too little character insight and development, which was the things I liked very much in the two first ones. I know that the action has become better (e.g. the bridge scene and whenever Jean shows off her powers), but putting the characters in the background was a stupid decision, but giving Shadowcat a somewhat bigger role and bringing in The Beast was quite a nice idea.
    All in all I was disappointed - Bryan Singer should not have left to do the stupid Superman movie...

I was just thinking, the makers might actually have an idea of what they could do in the next film if they made it, since (SPOILER)Xavier transfering his mind into another body could lead into some kind of Onslaught-esque bad guy.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

[spoilers]
    Quote Originally Posted by MILF
    Ok, so the whole stuff about a cure. Well, there was absolutely no sense of threat at all. There should have been more near the beginning about it, more discussion from Prof X. about the implications of it, and more reason for Magneto to get uppity. As it was, it felt like Magneto was being uppity over nothing noteworthy. Yes, I know why from inferences and some knowledge of the comics, but there wasn't enough in the movie to indicate it.
    They were afraid the "cure" would become mandatory - which was stated directly in the movie. And they resented the fact that it was called a "cure" in the first place.

Then they tried to make Phoenix the threat, but she just didn't feel like one. She killed Scott and Prof X (At least to our knowledge until the end.), and... made some stuff float... and... did not feel anything like the superweapon she's meant to be.
    What? I'm really shocked you didn't understand that part - she wasn't going to go on a murderous rampage, for two possible reasons: 1, Jeane was still inside of her, 2, Phoenix was just not going to bother doing anything until she needed to. Well, actually, three reasons: 3, saving her for last. Artistic license.

Two: Again with Magneto - isn't he supposed to be one of the most intelligent people living? Second only to Prof X, Beast, and a couple of others? So why in the hell was he so stupid? "WHAT HAVE I DONE ONOES?!" when he's had his best friend, and someone he respects immensely, killed by Phoenix, he's had the cure pointed at him by her, and he's generally far too clever to ever let anyone that unstable have more power than he does anyway?
    What was he supposed to do? Kill Phoenix? And you should know Magneto: while he likes and respects Xavier, Magneto would've killed him himself if he had to. He took a chance with Phoenix because he needed her help to destroy the cure. Just like Xavier originally took a chance in even allowing her to live with his mental blocks in place.

The only complaint I have is that Scott's death didn't seem to mean anything. Also, it's pretty presumptuous to imply that if you actually liked the movie, you're not "thinking critically."[/spoilers]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    [spoilers]They were afraid the "cure" would become mandatory - which was stated directly in the movie. And they resented the fact that it was called a "cure" in the first place. [/spoilers]
    (SPOILER)Those are true, but that doesn't mean they acted in any way which generates sympathy. Warren Worthington II wasn't some evil bad dude like William Stryker, who managed to be evil, and intimidating, and actually generated some sympathy. In III it felt like people were being whiny. This does not endear me to them or make me care for their cause. And that's just the thing - you're supposed to see that there is more than one side to the issue; Xavier wants peaceful co-existence, Magneto wants mutants to be dominant and to protect mutants, Humans fall into many different camps. But that wasn't what we got, we got clearcut X-men good, Brotherhood of Mutants/Acolytes/Whoever irrationally bad, Humans caught in the middle just trying to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    [spoilers]The only complaint I have is that Scott's death didn't seem to mean anything. Also, it's pretty presumptuous to imply that if you actually liked the movie, you're not "thinking critically."[/spoilers]
    A critical look at the movie will see far too many gaps that have to be filled in by the viewer. That can work, but in this case it didn't. As I've said, the action was exemplary, every single set piece was well conceived and well executed. The story was just a vehicle to get us from one set piece to the next, which is fine (Alien Vs. Predator, for example, isn't close to what anyone would consider a good movie, but it's still pretty fun.), but not what makes a really good movie. Also compare to the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Briene
    (SPOILER)Storm becomming the new leader was just too much... I know she's a powerful mutant, but the character is just too boring.
    (SPOILER)Actually, that's the fault of the first two movies. Storm isn't just a very powerful mutant, she is very high ranking in the X-Men/Xavier Institute and as a character deserved a lot more than she got in the first two movies. In fact, Halle Berry demanded Storm have a part more in line with the comics for, or she wasn't going to do the third movie.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Geez, that was fun. Juggernaut rocked. Shadowcat was hot. Yeah mesa like!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alrighty, since I my last post was typed super fast right before I went to sleep, I'll repost my thoughts about the movie a little more intelligently.

First of all, I think the movie had a really great premise to work off of. The idea of a cure for mutents is a pretty interesting one and a plot that could have been really great and intelligent and emotional and all that good stuff. And I liked the whole dual personality thing that Jean had going on.

But niether one of those two storylines ever got developed properly and what could have been really great was turned into a cheap, shallow, summer flick with very little substance.

There were too many new characters and NONE of them were developed properly. Angel is in what, 3 scenes in the whole movie? And the Kitty/Bobby/Rogue triangle was horrific. They have a love triangle but then kinda not really, and in the end, there's just hand holding between Bobby and Rogue? It was just so haphazardly done. Like they threw in this weak little sub-plot just for fun.

Then you have very important people from the first two movies barely present in this third movie.

The fact that they just killed off Scott like it was nothing pissed me off. He's the main X-Men. And then he dies cause Jean kisses him and goes nuts. Ooook....

Then they kill off freakin' Xavier. That's insane! It felt like the writers or whatever had absolutely no respect for these characters.

Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.

Everything was rushed. The script was lazy and sometimes incoherent. And none of the action scenes was innovative or had the "wow" factor except for the one moment when Ice Man turned into solid ice. Everything else was same ol' same ol'.

And the worst part of it?

The freakin' dialogue.

"A Good Defense is a Good Offense" - Wolverine,
    "God help us all" - Guy in the control room,
    "What have we Done" - Guy in the Control room,
    "He's (juggernaut) coming for the boy" - XMen member
    "Not if I can get there first" - Kitty (Repliy)

Are you kidding me with this stuff?

So basically, in comparison to the first two X-Men movies (the 2nd one which is my favorite comic book movie) this movie sucked.

If I went into this having not watched the first two movies, I would have been mildly entertained and still wouldn't have seen this as anything more than a summer popcorn flick akin to Da Vinci Code or Bad Boys II.

All flashy lights and no substance.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by MILFy
    A critical look at the movie will see far too many gaps that have to be filled in by the viewer. That can work, but in this case it didn't.
    What's "too many" gaps or not is a different matter for each viewer. My main complaint was that they tried to cram way too much into one final movie, but otherwise it was enjoyable to watch. Warren Worthington wasn't a big bad guy because he wasn't the main bad guy, duh - that was Magneto, in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MILF
    Actually, that's the fault of the first two movies. Storm isn't just a very powerful mutant, she is very high ranking in the X-Men/Xavier Institute and as a character deserved a lot more than she got in the first two movies.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    There were too many new characters and NONE of them were developed properly.
    That was my biggest complaint - too much in one movie, each part not getting enough justice. Angel was all-but pointless; he could've been completely taken out of the movie, and nothing would've changed.

Then you have very important people from the first two movies barely present in this third movie.
    How is that a bad thing, in and of itself?

The fact that they just killed off Scott like it was nothing pissed me off. He's the main X-Men. And then he dies cause Jean kisses him and goes nuts. Ooook....
    Yep. Scott's death didn't seem to mean much at all. Xavier's did, though, so that wasn't bad. Whether you agreed with Xavier getting killed off shouldn't affect the quality of the movie.

Everything just felt wrong and unncessary. The golden gate bridge part in the movie? Totally cheesy and didn't really make much sense.
    How else was he going to get hundreds of mutants across the water? And Magneto has always been very dramatic - that seems pretty in-character to me.

Everything was rushed
    Yep.

And none of the action scenes was innovative or had the "wow" factor except for the one moment when Ice Man turned into solid ice. Everything else was same ol' same ol'.
    ... what were you expecting? What would've been better? What else could there have been?

The movie had plenty of nerdy comic book stuff to keep me entertained. Juggernaut in and of himself made the movie worth seeing. I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Schovitz
    (SPOILER)Spoiler: Yes and they still haven't added Jubilee or Gambit yet, and thankfully spike was killed and made a bad guy, unlike he was an X-men membewr in the lame X-men Evolution cartoon. Damn Cyclops, Damn
    (SPOILER)
    Jubilee made a cameo on the second film, but I think they cut that part out and stuck it in the extras on the DVD. And it was 'Kid Omega' in the film, not spike.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    (SPOILER)Spoiler: He threw Wolvarine around like a rag doll and hit a wall knocking himself out.
    (SPOILER)When he knocked himself out it was because he had been depowered since he got close to Leech, and without his power he couldn't take the force of himself slamming into the wall. etc.
    I know thats why, its just that that was all he did. I remember when they released him it appeared as though Juggernaught was going to be this huge villian of massive proportions, and he knocks himself out.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree with everyting Miriel said, except that I thought Bad Boys II was brilliant.

I am very surprised to see that many X-Men fans here liked the movie. To me it felt wrong and I didn't like it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

That was one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in a long, long time. The movie was over the top, took itself too seriously, and completely ignored the charactors that made the first two movies. The comic relief did little more than ruin what could be good action sequences. It was cheesey. It was rushed. The booming soundtrack of DRAMA! was driving me up the wall.

I didn't like it at all. It had the X-Men, but it didn't feel like X-Men at all. I would give it a maybe decent fan fiction at best. The only thing it had going for it was the visuals.

Overall? I'm going to forget this movie even exists.