View Poll Results: Are you seeing xmen 3 (public)

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES YES OH YES!!! THATS IT!!! YES!!! YYYYYEEEEEES!!! OHHH YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

52 60.47%
  • no...

10 11.63%
  • Im not telling you because Im cool like that.

8 9.30%
  • I dunno.

16 18.60%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DUDE WTF!? XMEN 3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or cut out a lot of the bull and streamlined things a bit. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    You know something else I would've liked to see developed more? The kid behind the cure.

There's those couple of scenes where mutants are doing fantastic things in the outside world (Angel fleeing the skyscraper, Magneto moving the bridge) and he's just kinda sitting there like "holy moley, that's awesome" or something. You think a kid like that would've had some kind of desire to be free, you know? I would've loved to see him raise some hell just because other mutants can't use their powers around him.
    You might be surprised. Due to the nature of Leech's power, he was shunned not only by humans, but by mutants as well. Especially since, in the comic books, he had green leathery skin as well as his power. He was only ever accepted by one group, the Morlocks, and then only because of the effect his power had on Annalee. Annalee was a powerful empath who had lost her 4 children and never got over it. As such, unless she was around Leech, she broadcast empathic waves of total despair to everyone in her range, which was considerable. So they let Leech tag along with her in order to damp out her power. But no one actually liked Leech (at least, till Annalee accepted Leech as a foster child to help dull her pain). Having a place like that, where people would take care of him and appreciate him, would probably be preferable to being mistreated and hunted on the streets.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Im a x-men fan and I dont know if it has been mentioned yet but I am dissapointed that they killed off the Professor. I think that the director did that scene totally wrong. The acting was average for stewart but the scene left me hollow from start to finish...it diddn't give me the classic movie feeling that good directors can give you when a major character dies...the scene lacked horribly and cyclops fans got the worse experience possible....poorly poooooorly done there. Basicaly like..."oh and cyclops...he'd dead ummm ok...." That was such a dramatic scene....well it was meant to be but it was realy just the professor getting owned second by second. Where as that would be realistic going against the phoenix I still believe for whatever reason after seeing the scene that it could have been done alot better.Anyways I dont see why they made a movie combining like ancient pheonix stories with like the latest. Now Magneto some day rules over the x-men as a leader of good. I don't recall Storm ever leading the X-men though, but prehaps I just dont remember it .....there are a lot alot of comic books.

X-men was about magneto vs. Charles for me....that is gone now.

A powerfull sexy woman as the pheonix is enjoyable and it is film popcorn to the woman audience watching films looking for the "woman super-ego" of films ...but I think that this movie should have been focused on something else. I think that this movie would have made a better X-men 4 than it did 3.

The movie was ok but alot of what happened I disagreed with.....

Id watch it again but I love x-men 1 and 2...this film ...I still just dont know about.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Before I went to see X-Men: The Last Stand, I watched the original X-Men a few days before seeing the movie, and then X2 a day after that. I think X-Men 3 was true to the previous movies' style, the characters still felt the same people who you've got to know during the first two movies. I think the movie pulled an Advent Children in terms of storyline. However, there were a lot of tragic moments, and something like 3-4 sad scenes to make up for the story. While X2 had more like superhero action, X-Men 3 had some great war scenes. A great way to end the first trilogy, IMHO.

I've heard that there could be an X4, but that one will probably start a whole new trilogy with a new story. One thing I didn't like about the movie was how Rogue, who was my favorite character in the first two movies, didn't get much time on the screen, although she was pretty good in the scenes she had. I also like the soundtrack, it feels like the most mature of the three soundtracks, and there's a lot of orchestral and choral parts, and memorable themes.

It's a bit hard to compare the X-Men movies to each other. X2 had some great action and a lot of nice characters, while I think the original X-Men had the best storyline, and a lot of touching moments. X3 had excellent action and sad parts too, but it still felt like it came a little short compared to the first two films. Not to mention the final battle started relatively early, I was feeling like, "What, is the movie about to end already?" It's still a good movie, though. It seems a lot of people disliked the film, and usually hearing a lot of people bashing the movie will reduce my opinion towards the movie (for example, I first thought FFVIII was a decent game but not excellent, and after hearing everyone say the game is the worst FF, I slowly started to think that the game sucks, and that kept going on for a long time, until I actually played the game again). However, so far I haven't been that much affected by others' opinions. Hopefully I can stay that way.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

How can you say Jean/Phoenix felt the same as the previous movies? It was like her whole previous character was shown to be irrelevant, and the good feeling you got when it hinted to her revival in X2 was completely discredited.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

No patrick Stewart then no professor x please...another actor another body just wont work at all for me.

SPOILER: Dont go and see it. IT SUCKS!!!! Porfessor X, Jean Grey, and Cyclops dies. And they mess up the whole Phoenix storyline. Oh and if u do see it, make sure to stay until after the credits caues there is another scene with Xaiver lying in a bed... ALIVE!!!! So i think there will be another X men movie and i already heard their making a Wolverin movie.

Why are there so many people excited about that extra tid bit after the credits? Between that and the last shot of the movie, they're completely taking a step back to say, "Oh, wait. You just wasted 2 hours of your time, because we're just kidding. Absolutely nothing significant happened in this movie. Come back for the next!"

And what's all this about ending this trilogies story? Uh... there was a continuing story? Sure, there were charactor arcs, but no overall "big thing." It felt nothing like a trilogy to me, and everything in X3 was just incredibly out of sync with the rest of the series that I could never think of giving it the credit of completing X1 and 2.

I guess my ultimate big miff is that (SPOILER)they shamelessly killed or messed with main charactors. That's great, I love it when the main people get a reality check. But for christ's sake, do it right. Deaths were either treated like they were nothing, or overglorified. Like the big death of Phoenix. 'Kay, she did pretty much nothing but kill Xavier and look veiny. Why even bother with bringing Phoenix in? And what was up with wolverine FLIPPING out? Dude, I don't remember that big of a flip out the first time she died. (Could be wrong) All she did this time around was be an uber bitch, what's with the dramatics?

I repeat: boo.

i heard u

Blog Entries

I just saw it an hour ago, and I loved it. Yes, it does seem rushed and a bit unfinished, but it wasn't, by any means, a bad movie. It was a good action movie, but it was way too rushed in parts. Many of the characters were too monotonous, and they just seem to play their parts, without any thought behind their characters. Was Rogue even in this movie? I know she was, but her character was largely forgotten. Now I'm waiting for the next X-Men movie. I don't believe they're done with it! It's way too unfinished. Characters I'd like to see in the next movie: Jubilee and Gambit.

Have u ever read a X men comic??? The messed up EVERYTHING!!!! o and Jubilee was in the 3rd one, she just wasnt a main character. READ THE CREDITS!!!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

He didn't say Jubilee wasn't in the movie; he said he didn't see her. And most people probably didn't.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiZTewell
    (SPOILER)SPOILER: Dont go and see it. IT SUCKS!!!! Porfessor X, Jean Grey, and Cyclops dies. And they mess up the whole Phoenix storyline. Oh and if u do see it, make sure to stay until after the credits caues there is another scene with Xaiver lying in a bed... ALIVE!!!! So i think there will be another X men movie and i already heard their making a Wolverin movie.
    I'd appreciate it if you learned to use spoiler tags.

where are the Spoiler tags at?

(SPOILER)Who actually says that Scott is dead!/ they never found his body, So Jean just took him to a far away place.