Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Suns won!

I sure hope so.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

I'm not too concerned. If Nash gets called for the proper offensive foul, and Harris doesn't get called for his phantom offensive foul, Mavs win. They're a better team. They lost Game 1 to the Spurs, too. They'll adjust and win in 6.

I'm more concerned about the fact that my mom only left half an hour on a tape to record 3 hours of Lost.

Pah. You can't discredit the Suns for coming back and makin it work when they needed to. You gotta admit Diaw was one cool cucumber taking that last shot to win it. Waited for the right shot, jumped and whammy.

I am a little distraught over Bell's injury, though. Oh well.

I'm starting to hope Suns win only to shut Kiro's cockiness down. Which is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Pah. You can't discredit the Suns for coming back and makin it work when they needed to. You gotta admit Diaw was one cool cucumber taking that last shot to win it. Waited for the right shot, jumped and whammy.

I am a little distraught over Bell's injury, though. Oh well.

I'm starting to hope Suns win only to shut Kiro's cockiness down. Which is always fun.
    I am impressed with the fact that the Suns actually WON a close game. For the second time all season.

What a great game.
    Go Suns! Way to pull it off.
    Great shot at the end. That was a heart pounder. I was jumping on my bed. Man.
    I love basketball. I wish I had watched it before.
    I know, it was an edge of your seat finale to say the least. Damn I love the Suns

Why are people thinking just because Raja Bell got injured on Wednesday night it's gonna be a huge factor winning tonight's game? He hasn't even been playing his best against the Lakers or Clippers. He can definitely help, but he's not as critical as Marion or Nash.

By the way, go Suns tonight!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Huh? He was like the #1 option offensively in the Lakers and Clippers games.

The Lakers? Are you serious? I must have missed the headlines, cause I only saw him mess up only a couple hundred times, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

EDIT- May 6, 2006: Missed Game 6 of Round One against the Los Angeles Lakers (suspension).
    May 3, 2006: Suspended by the NBA for one game for his actions on May 2 against the Los Angeles Lakers. (www2.sportsnet.ca)

EDIT 2- D'Antoni said Leandro Barbosa will start in Bell's place, with Eddie House and possibly James Jones getting added minutes, too. sportsillustrated.cnn.com
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 05-27-2006 at 12:42 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Bell is Phoenix's best perimeter defender, too (they had him on Kobe during the Lakers series), which is critical against a highly-offensive team like the Mavs. Of course, Nash and Marion are the foundation for the Suns, but Bell is a big part of that team.

You know, Suns could walk all over Dallas is they'd make a shot once in a while. Y'know.

You know, Suns could walk all over Dallas is they'd make a shot once in a while. Y'know.
    Kinda hard to make a shot when the other team plays good defense, which the Mavs without a doubt did tonight. Perhaps you don't recognize it, because the Suns are perfectly happy with not doing it. That said, the Suns want to be a jump-shooting team. Get used to them not falling. Welcome to Mavsworld, circa 2002. It's an old story.

This game doesn't mean much, because the Mavs had to have this game and the Suns didn't. Now, time for the Mavs to steal one or both of the games in Phoenix, which they can certainly do, and I expect them to. Mavs in 6.

Either you really hate me or you really hate the Suns or both. I can't tell which.

Either you really hate me or you really hate the Suns or both. I can't tell which.
    I far from hate you. I don't even hate the Suns. I just don't understand why teams are still trying to pull the same crap that the Kings and Mavs did 5 years ago. Both teams proved then that it didn't win championships. Why else would both of those teams now be trying to win with defense? The Mavs led the league in scoring for like 5 straight years and never got past the conference finals. The one time they GOT to the conference finals was the season they gave up 95 ppg, but lost because of Dirk's injury and the fact that they were a terrible rebounding team. The Suns score a lot, but don't play defense and are one of the worst, if not the worst, rebounding teams in the NBA.

In Game 1, the Mavs decided that they were going to slow the tempo by attacking the offensive boards. This didn't work, as the Suns got plenty of fast break opportunities. The Mavs realized that they could outrebound the Suns with one arm tied behind their backs, and didn't need to attack the offensive boards. So in game 2, so they got back in transition and didn't give up easy buckets, and still outrebounded the Suns by 9.

I make fun of the Suns because they've put together a Euroleague roster and not an NBA roster. Teams win in the NBA from the inside-out. The Suns work from the outside-in. It's as simple as that.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

The Heat have been dominating the Pistons. They are now up 3-1 and will likely go to the finals. Detroit looked bad against the Cavs and that has not changed. Instead of Detroit taking it in 5 or 6 like everyone has said(including some here) it looks like the Heat will take it in 5 or 6. The Heat had a bit of early trouble against the Bulls but they pulled everything together during the Nets series.

Boy, that Dwayne Wade sure is something.

Take care all.