Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Lost' is getting its own video game.

Awesome graphics.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    Awesome graphics.

roto wins teh thread.

Also; I've been highly sceptical since I heard about this, and I continue to be highly sceptical. It could work if they were brave with the mechanics of gameplay (In a similar vein to Indigo Prophecy, as was suggested earlier) but that may not be their first thought. I am also concerned about the story aspects, as there's clearly a lot of Lost to go before we know everything - even after what, 18 months of game development, we'll still almost certainly have a couple of seasons left, if not more.

Still, given the general cleverness so far in Lost, and the fact that there is clearly a mythos which is already in place and to be expanded upon over the course of a whole series, it is possible they actually know what they're doing with the story here - that would only leave the minor hurdle of gameplay to be overcome.

I want a minigame where you play as Hurley and try to say "Dude" as many times per minute as possible. <333 Hurley!

Quote Originally Posted by roto13
    Awesome graphics.

*Busts a nut*

A large non-gaming corporation has never given me a game that wasn't all fun, so I trust ABC to deliver plenty of top-notch gaming hours that has nothing to do with sucking my bank account like a money-vampire.

Holy cynical batman!

You know there are actually quite a few people who think 'Lost' IS actually a game. They believe that 'lost' is some sort of roleplaying game (I guess in a similar form to dungeons and dragons). And that the characters on the show are actually just the group of people who are playing the game together.

Personally I think that theory is hogwash but there are quite a few people who think it is like that. And over on the ABC board there is actually a guy who goes to great lengths (and obviously puts alot of effort into it) to try to explain it. He updates it after every single episode and alot of people like reading it and always say how smart of an idea it is.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by darkchrono
    You know there are actually quite a few people who think 'Lost' IS actually a game. They believe that 'lost' is some sort of roleplaying game (I guess in a similar form to dungeons and dragons). And that the characters on the show are actually just the group of people who are playing the game together.

Personally I think that theory is hogwash but there are quite a few people who think it is like that. And over on the ABC board there is actually a guy who goes to great lengths (and obviously puts alot of effort into it) to try to explain it. He updates it after every single episode and alot of people like reading it and always say how smart of an idea it is.
    I'm suspicious that it is an AI simulation designed to see how the AIs (The characters) react in extreme situations.

Actually I'm not, but it's an idea I'm remotely entertaining.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Germ Hamee
    I actually think that this has potential to be a great puzzle game. As long as they keep it a puzzle game... something along the lines of Indigo Prophecy.
    nah, itd make the mistake Davinchi Coda the game made... Killing things.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

People surprised that Lost is getting it's own game? What about the Da Vinci code?!?!
    ...Geddit?