Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effortless monster you have been killed by.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default Effortless monster you have been killed by.

I got killed by two goblins wh0ring away at me while I was afk.

I came back just as I was falling ^_^

somewhere in South Gustaburg.

I've managed to get myself killed on a number of ocassions in very embarassing ways usually involving trains, my over confidence and my habit of not worrying about being low on HP. It's almost always more an issue of lag than it is of me being unable to handle the situation. Happened once while saving someone from some Quadav in Beadeux after doing some rank stuff for someone. Instead of just killing 3 or 4 Quads which were TW by far I just threw caution to the wind and ran to the zone far far away trying to show boat about being able to handle a huge train of linking Quads. I died inches from the zone when lag prevented me from getting Horde Lullaby to cast and their Poison and Bio overtook me.

Also even more embarassing I've died to large Yag trains in Giddeus. I used to love getting 50 or 60 Yags on me and taking them out in one shot with Cyclone or Circle Blade. However, often when you have that much going on on your screen the controls will lock up and you cannot even select your WS (much less the Horde Lullaby macro that I so obviously rely on).

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My buddy Hamburgler died in the dunes as a lvl 73 pld D: He made a gigantic train so a LS member could try out Astral flow on them but he got lagged out and he died! ROFL. Most embarrassing death I've had was converting while poisoned and dropping dead or converting and getting hit by an AoE at lvl 75 and dropping dead cause I forgot to put up stoneskin. Stoopid rdm~! :P

Another LS member went AFK resting in Beaucedine waiting for Dynamis and tigers aggroed him and it took an hour but the tiger killed him! lvl 75 Ninjaar ftl!
    Too big.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I died to a few easy prey and too weak to be worthwhile monsters in the areas around the Tavnazian Safehold.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

It's quite hilarious when a RDM converts to their death as a result of Bio or other DoT.

>>Everyone: Omg what happened!?
    Redmage>> ...

Blog Entries

a golblin somethig or other. I was afk.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A freakin' bunny rabbit. Although even in the upper levels, there's still gonna be a bunny that can whoop your ass. xD

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

xD

so true... so true.

I just started playing today and already figured out to leave some bunnies alone.

Does anyone have a link to that wallpaper? I've managed to lose it ; ;

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I was in Valkurm dunes at level 10 the other day and got aggro'd by seven goblins.
    Last edited by ScottNUMBERS; 05-26-2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Default embarrasing

i have alot... i was on a date with a girl named Serra and the NM SERRA pop'd next to us and i attacked it and went afk... and during the fight my girl Serra dump'd me and let the NM serra kill me....

also during ballista a lvl 10 RNG 2hour'd and killed me right as i was answering the all important question CAN A LVL 60 PLD kill a LVL 60 DRK
    i was so piss;d cause i took 500 damage... THAT WAS MORE DAMAGE THAN THE DRK WAS ABLE TO INFLICT WITH HIS WS i don't know who was more piss;d / embarrased me or the drk

and again i went afk in a noob qufim party and i come back and every undead in the zone is all of o a sudden around me and not attacking me .... sneak wore off and they still didn't do anything i go "wow" in say chat and they slaughter me....

i went to skill up in valkrum as a lvl 55 PLD and ran into VALK EMP NM and was killing it when when a group of piss'd off players thought i was a bot and trained every fly in valkrum on me (i was afk and this was a long time ago) needles to say i was killed as i delt the finishing blow and i lost the hairpin when i d/c'd....

oh my too many times to remember ... checking logs...
    here we go

I LOST TO A Fomor Galka PLD on my PLD when he managed to gain a "scare the B named characters trait" also 3 others with B names were killed because of this...

oh and darn rabbits have a conspiracy against me...

and i died to a dragon in gustav tunnel when my date decided to fight it and i got 1 shot killed as she ran and broke up with me XD

Which FF Character Are You?

Leave me and save urself.... one thought at a time
    After Action report 12: section Alpha: Paragraph 5: subsection Zulu:
    General Beranger Stone with his last great action took 10 bullets to the back while protecting his troops.... long live loyalty

I haven't forgiven myself for what i did for her death...

I got killed by a lot of bats I trained in Ranguemont Pass. I jokingly shield bashed one set and then ran all the way to the glacier zone only to get confused and run back on myself, through a wall of bat based pain. Remind me never to do anything stupid like that again T.T
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Last night I got killed by a Wild Rabbit. Granted, I was running away from three Orcs I aggro'ed by accident (seriously, these guys come out of nowhere), but the rabbit put in the death blow.
    No.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Fighting damselfly in dunes, gob comes along and decides to "help". So I tell everyone to zone... *ignore, summoner dies*. I tell everyone to zone again, whilst running *proceeds to ignore*... Then the paladin randomly runs past "I'M GONNA ZONE IT NOW SO NOBODY DIES" and I'm like "wtf no[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] sherlock!!!?" so she dies whilst "zoning" it. Then I go back and I'm all "wtflolbbqhax" and then the damselfly comes ALL THE WAY BACK with a friend too, and I'm wetting myself "maybe it'll attack someone else!" no it hit ME for some reason and killed me...
    Basically, if my party hadn't of been so darn stupid I would've lived.
    jkhkjg