Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many Link Pearls do you have?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default how many Link Pearls do you have?

I have 2

edit: I also have a Link Clam thingymajig.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have 4 but I barely use the fourth since I'm not fond of it. I keep it for personal reasons XD

EndlessAbyss - HNMLS (I'm a leader in it and it's my main/social shell also)
    GreatBelow - Dynamis LS
    Shipwrecked - CoP Static LS
    RoyalOnionGuard - Not so fond of it, I use it when I get sick of people on my HNMLS <.<
    Too big.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have 1 main one and others that I visit only occassionaly and take up mog safe room.

TheShadows - Main LS both for its social aspect and for the events they do.
    FuzzyGalka - The LS m4tt and his girlfriend are in and that I use every once in awhile to converse with them

I usually end up with a lot of shells but I try to trim it down as much as possible.

Rokkaku - My main sky shell and also very social.

GodsOfVanadiel - The leader calls it strictly a 'social' shell but we do everyrhing. HNM, sea gods,Wyrms, sky and really anything else you can imagine that requires a large organized group of people.

DreamWalkers - My Dynamis shell.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just one, FuzzyGalka. I used to have a few others... but I dropped them all for various reasons.

Dynamis one because the leader was keeping all the currency and selling it for himself. I know it costs 1mil to get in there.. but the amount of currency we'd get far covered that. <_<

A bastok linkshell, just because I never really wanted it in the first place and someone just gave it to me.

And then this random shell that my friend wanted me in. Whenever I put it on no one would talk, so I just got rid of it.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I can use two linkshells.

DuckHunt is a special linkshell which consists of myself and two other friends. We play a majority of the game together. We try to use as little outside help as possible to accomplish our goals and level a number of jobs together.

TheSyndicate is a linkshell that I was invited to join when I began playing the game over two years ago. Many people have come and gone, but the linkshell itself is still active and always has some new, fresh players just waiting to get into the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

RedLotus - Is a shell I've been with even before I got the game.
    Victory - HNM/Sky shell, also a pretty decent social shell.
    UnderWorld - Half NA, half JP dynamis shell. Very nice people.
    Malevolent - A new social shell, mainly consists of more high levels.

I'm trying to trim down these shells. It's hard for me to keep up with them. =(

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Mine are Fishnet and ANBU.

ANBU are gods, helping out newbies and then having arguments with eachother (call them oldbies if you must)... I owe them a big debt.

Fishnet, I dont even think anyone from that LS apart from Scuttles (leader) goes on there anymore...

Three.

Kupobos (Social)

Red Lotus (Social)

CrimsonKnights (HNMLS)

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Illuminatus - HNMLS
    Honesty - Dynamis
    don't have time for any more than that

Buchisdma - a social LS and my only LS. I'm not interested in endgame as a 74 Blm. When I ask myself "what's in it for me?", I can't give myself an answer to change my mind on the issue. Thus, I only need one LS. I'm not burning bridges, but I don't see myself needing a GodLS or anything any time soon.

I know people who choose just not to have such an endgame shell but there are a great number of things you'll miss for BLM by not having one. For some excelling to excellence in the game doesn't matter but for the rest there is a lot you can't really do without.

Head:
    The Sorceror's Petasos (Relic) is arguable the best headpiece in the game as it will greatly reduce your resist on mobs that resist often. If you're gonna be fighting stuff that you are pretty sure won't resist the Wizard's Petasos +1 (Limbus) is the most powerful hat in the game with the exception of the Republic Circlet (upon which the latent isn't active all that often).

I suppose the Igqira Tiara and Demon Helm are decent alternatives if you don't want to do Dynamis and Limbus.

Neck:
    The Prudence Torque (over 1/2 MP) and the Uggalepih Pendant (under 1/2 MP) are amazing things to have. I guess otherwise you've got Elemental Torque and Black Silk Neckerchief

Earring:
    The Magnetic (which I believe is the best all around) or Static (I suppose if you think big bursts are the most important) are quite nice. Also, though it's pretty out of reach for even th most hardcore, the Novio Earring is beyond match. Loquacious (Limbus) is also great to have for many situations.

Otherwise I suppose Phantom + Moldavite will work forever.

Body:
    Wow the Sorcerors Coat is amazing and lets you throw away your Black Cloak so you can have a Refresh body and a head piece at the same time. Also most people who aren't involved in endgame aren't gonna really be in the market for an Igqira Weskit which is pretty much a must have for endgame BLM. I suppose it is something you can buy if you have the gil though instead of getting it free from any number of endgame activities.

Hands:
    Probably the most notable thing on the list is a pair of Zenith Mitts. These are pretty much the be-all, end-all hands for BLM. Also the Sorceror's Gloves are worth having though probably their MB bonus doesn't continually trump the awesomeness that is the Zenith Mitts.

Ring:
    Another huge thing is the Tamas Ring. This is possible but less likely without an endgame shell.

Back:
    The Merciful Cape is quite astounding and only drops from a sea god.

Waist: The Sorceror's Belt is quite awesome though not incredibly better than Penitent's Rope. The biggest thing is not having access to the Elemental Obis that make such a huge difference.

Legs: Sorceror's Tonban are great under the right conditions though a pair of Mahatma Slop are pretty good as well.

Feet:
    Yeah you're pretty screwed for good foot gear without an endgame shell. Sorceror's Sabots are an amazing all around piece Conserve MP = win. Also Rostrum Pumps are pretty phenominal. These two are by far the best piece of foot gear for endgame BLM.

Anyway... just food for thought about what endgame has to offer a BLM.

Blog Entries

TheShadows - social and when I need a little help.

I only have one -- TheShadows on Pandemonium. But I hardly ever say anything when I'm there, so...
    "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." --Colossians 3:23-24

Blog Entries

You should talk more to them, they're really nice. Have you gotten teh sites addy yet?
    http://www.theshadows-ls.com/