Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Sparrow's Voice Actor

Default Jack Sparrow's Voice Actor

Okay i found out today that James Arnold Taylor does the voice for Jack Sparrow in KH2. My question is: How well does he do the character?

I mean James Arnold Taylor did the voice for Tidus in FFX/X-2. I just cant imagine him doing the voice of Jack Sparrow.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

He does fine. He sounds like Johnny Depp.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I thought Johnny Depp was the VA...
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah same here, man that would have been totally sweet. But if he sounds like him ... I guess its ok. Although Johnny would have been nice

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Me too. Then I saw the credits were missing Johnny Depp.

James Arnold Tayler does Timon too... He's actually in a ton of stuff, and I think he's one of the best voice actors around. He did Tidus like he did on purpose, so I'd blame the voice director if one didn't like the Tidus voice and not necessarily him. That Jack Sparrow was good stuff though.

I agree with you all. I had a bit of difficulty trying to determine whether they were the real VAs or not. When first played it, I thought they were done by their original VAs, save for Elizabeth, who was pretty obvious because the minute I heard her, she sounded like the stereotypical mid-30s British lady drinking tea when she said ''Where are you talking me?! LET ME GO!!!!''.

However, later on in the game, she sounded normal and than back to that. Werid. But yeah, although the REAL POTC would've been nice, it doesn't take away. However, I had a nightmare that Japan would get a FM of KH2 and the special bonus for the game with English voice actors with Japanese subs + RE-DUBBED PORT ROYAL WORLD WITH ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS.

He does do pretty good voice acting I admit. It just shocked me a little because at one point they said it was somebody else other than Johnny Depp... who wasn't JAT. Thats quite cool that the voices for Yuna and Tidus are both in KH2 but you wouldn't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Soul
    However, I had a nightmare that Japan would get a FM of KH2 and the special bonus for the game with English voice actors with Japanese subs + RE-DUBBED PORT ROYAL WORLD WITH ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS.

Yes that would be torture!!!

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't realize it was him until this thread actually, and I thought he did a decent enough job. He certainly sounded like Johnny, but at the same time, it was off. His delivery just didn't sound right to me, but then, I can't blame him for not being able to pull off Johnny Depp perfectly. I doubt many could, and the voice director likely played a large roll in how it came out. When it's all said and done, it came out a lot better than I thought it would when I found out the voices weren't going to be done by the original cast.

On his voice alone, there's such a minute difference in Johnny Depp's voice and the voice in the game that one probably won't be able to tell. What did it for me however, having watched Pirates of the Caribbean many many times, the delivery of the lines was missing that certain flair that Johnny Depp gave his character in the movie. So the delivery is somewhat off, but the voice is almost spot on.

Thumbs up

i thought JAT did a fine job, but sometimes it sounded like he was trying a little too hard to sound like JD. whatev, i enjoyed it. i didnt even know that it was the same guy who did tidus tho! they should have had mina suvari do the voice for aerith again tho like in advent children . and billy zane for xemnas, cuz the new guy sucked and BZ was awesome in KH1! but james woods did hades, so i was terribly excited about that.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

I knew going into the game that it wasn't Johnny doing the VO, so the moment Jack opened his mouth I started getting all picky about his voice. But overall, I must say it was a pretty good impression, and now that I know this is the same guy who did Tidus its all the more impressive. He's a surprisingly good actor once you look past the slightly off-key performance in FFX.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

The guy who is never here cloud20747's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Yeah same here, man that would have been totally sweet. But if he sounds like him ... I guess its ok. Although Johnny would have been nice
    I agree

some good acter alright

He sounds sort of like him....I guess.Blame it all on Johnny Depp's ego.