Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Square? Icky...

Default Battle Square? Icky...

Here's a question...how is it possible to get 32,000 battle points? The highest i've ever gotten is 3200(Ironic huh?). Getting there would be a start. Seeing as how it feels even more impossible to get 65,000 or something for W-summon. Usually i'de be able to do it, seeing as how i have a ribbon. But even if i try not to, i almost always get broken accessory, or 1/2 hitpoints. Or 1/2 magic points. And worst of all, 1/2 time.

Another question, if you get those two and get the "Special battle", does the special battle stay there even if you leave? I don't feel like staying up 48 hours trying to get final attack.

most ive got in one go is about 14,000 i think, not sure how i get it tho, i think it depends on the monsters that you fight in there... like if i fight the malboro/ochu (i forget which one it is) as the final monster you get more points.... just get alot of GP and keep going in
    In a world of nothing, Fear doesn't exist

You need to get all the really bad handicaps, and also have a bit of luck with the enemies. Tougher line up = better points.

Yeah, I recently gave up after just getting enough BP for the Champion Belt. I wouldn't have taken a whole lot more to get to 32,000, though.

Just keep going back into the battle square without leaving the battle square area. The minute you try to go somewhere else in the Gld Saucer you lose your battle points. If you can get 8000 points in each of 4 separate tries you'll be laughing. As long as you can accumulate 32000 points, it doesn't matter if you go in 10 times in a row, you'll have enough for omnislash. Plus, you're automatically back to your original hp and mp once you go through the 7 battles, so you'll be refreshed each time. At high levels you should be able to whip through the battles quickly, too.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Icky. That sucks. Maybe i'll just have an all nighter where i'll play at the battle square a bunch. Take breaks here and there. I have flash, haste, KOTR, Shield, and mime. Not to mention my ribbon. I don't lose all of my battle points if i die right? I just don't get any. That would be good.

Another question. Why is it that for some reason no matter what i do, I try to attack ruby weapon, and it doesn't do any damage. I heard about A trick you can do with hades. But i can't do it because nothing will do anything to him. I was able to inflict damage before. But now i just can't do anything. :P

are you actually finishing all of the battles in a round. if u die half way thru u dont get all the points. i think u get an extra 10,000bp for winning all 8.i usually get around 12,000 a time

not so sure bout the ruby thing :confuse:

Why do you imprison your saviour?

No i don't actually go all the way through. Mostly because By the time i've faught 5 times because of the stupid handicap i end up with 2000 hit points and 200 MP.

Of course, if i'm lucky, i have had times where i've gone to around 6 battles and am at least 5678 or something like that(in hit points).

And yeah, the ruby thing. I really don't understand it. It's driving me insane. I heard that you can use hades to stop him, and then just KOTR him. But i used Hades on him, it missed. I used KOTR on him, and each hit did 0 hit points. I tried taking off the ribbon. And even taking off ultimate weapon. And even tried taking off a lot of my materia. It's really wierd because like i said i was able to hurt him before. It's like i equipped something thats screwing it up. 0_0

It's do depressing to see the Knights of the Round come out and do absolutly nothing. :P

EDIT: Key element; One of the Tries, i was able to hurt him with 4X cut. But second try i couldn't.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

1st off you keep completing the battle square to get sufficent points,id advise you to get at least 50 gp to make a decent few attempts at it

2nd thing...ruby....you go into battle with 1 player alive the other 2 ko'd to attack him and yes hades does work to stop him put id rather have w-item + dazers to paralize him,1 character have w-item and throw the dazers and the other 2 just attack him,if you look really hard in these forums you find hundreds of guides to kill ruby and emerald aswell if youre having trouble with him

heres a link for tips on ruby http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthrea...ht=ruby+weapon

Just give up. It really isn't necessary. Unless your a sidequest crazy FF7 fanboy then it won't make a difference.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

if youre having trouble, i suggest waiting for the mime materia with ribbon and if you dont have better armor use mystile. make sure cloud has his limit bar filled so you can use meteorain every battle. at the start i like to cast big guard before starting the limitless (rofl) meteors. then once u get enough for omnislash come back and do the same thing cept with omnislash to get w summon. sure u might die a couple of times if u get unlucky but not like losing reduces your points. just keep going. if you get bored, leave the ps on and go do something else for an hour.

Sig made by VoodooChild

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I thought that too but then I actually got it in 2-3 tries!

Just go with 60 or so BP to be safe and try to have a ribbon. It should be helpful unless your accessory breaks.
    A lot of it is based on luck (I wonder if your luck stat has something to do with it??? hmmm? i dunno.)
    I've noticed that most of the handicaps are similar so maybe on one try it will be mostly status handicaps or maybe materia handicaps. (I got five frogs in a row!!! luckily I had my ribbon!)
    Lots of luck (all ready said that...DOUBLE LUCK!!!)
    Try to go all eight rounds, the more rounds, the more your points multiply.
    !!!

Hmm. Well, i'll try that again. Does having two played Killed make it so that he takes damage? I can hades and KOTR him untill he dies i just need to be able to do it. If i did the battle square thing i could even W-summon. I think i might just use the trick i'm doing to beat emmy to beat ruby aswell. The good old Omnislash or Angermax 8 times trick? I have 7/8 mimes and 2/8 counter materia, fighting magic pots with the apocalypse really gets the job done.

As for battle square. Yeah, i'll be having an all nighter with some friends. I'll just keep the TV on and play untill i get it. Of course, i'll try going for beating a round.

Oh and i just thought. I think i asked this before but i'm not sure if when you get the "Special battle" if it stays there if you leave the battle square. I'de like to get final attack, but i'm a little afraid that it might take too long.

EDIT: Whats a dazer?

EDIT: Nevermind about that edit. Dazers: Gotten from Battery caps and Bad raps.(Gya haa haa! That ryhmed!)

EDIT: Final edit(i hope). If i mime, will that mime me using dazers? If so i'm done for. I need to dazer him but i also need to be able to use knights of the round by using mime.
    Last edited by Uhanimar; 05-24-2006 at 01:36 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

um...what?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by vampirepiggyhunter7
    Just give up. It really isn't necessary. Unless your a sidequest crazy FF7 fanboy then it won't make a difference.
    So you're a fanboy for wanting to complete the games you buy? Interesting.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1
    um...what?

I just want to make sure that i don't mime the dazer usage. I can't keep casting KOTR. I need to mime it. But if i use dazers, then mime, i'm just going to use dazers again right?

And also for the battle square. I just hope that i don't lose this "Special battle" I'm hearing about if i leave the battle square. Because i'de like to be able to get final attack easier then that.