Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >> Ouija boards..

I sincerely doubt that Matel has the capability to communicate with spirits.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wikipedia apparently knows the score. I don't like them at all.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ouija boards, mediums and the like are all utterly hilarious.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    You'd be an idiot to believe that you can talk to the dead through a piece of cardboard/wood.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I sincerely doubt that Matel has the capability to communicate with spirits.
    sums up my opinion.

Oh, and they are evil

They can work, but that's not to say that their going to work everytime you use one.

Ive never done one and I never will. My stepdad did one with his mates when he was a teenager.

I beleive they could work, as I beleive very much in demonic forces and the tensions of the spiritual as per mentioned via my religion.

I think tampering with the dead is retarded though, and pointless. If I wanted to hang out and chill with dead people I woulda been a politician.

Bipper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    I think tampering with the dead is retarded though, and pointless. If I wanted to hang out and chill with dead people I woulda been a politician.
    Win

there was a picture here

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I'm very skeptical about demons and spirits in general, (there is a reason why I'm agnostic ) and I would think that they'd have better things to do than move a piece of cardboard around. :rolleyes2

The accepted theory among psychologists and skeptics is that the participants are subconsciously making small, involuntary, physical movements using a well-known, and well-understood, phenomenon called the Ideomotor effect. Experiments consistently suggest that, at best, the messages are received involuntarily from the participants themselves, and, at worst, by a manipulative player, possibly with the connivance of confederates within the group present.
    Yep, that about covers it. Never underestimate the ability of humans to deceive themselves.

Bipper wins this round.

Well, I'm no politician but I did try it once for fun. We all had our eyes closed and the thing did start moving, but I thought it was just someone being stupid. When I opened my eyes, I was the only one with my hands on it, and everyone else was just kinda standing around and staring at me, and it was still moving...it stopped when I jumped away from it. So...I don't know.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3