Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 English Trailer!

Default E3 English Trailer!

OMG! A few minutes after I made my last post this trailer pops out of nowhere. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evB76a6jV

It's really bad quality, but you get to hear the voices anyway. Looks great imo.

BTW, I'd recommend not watching it if you don't want to know about the story since it does spoil a lot of it. I just posted the trailer for those of you who are interested in how the voices sound.

Edit: Clear version uploaded:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqJ-9UI-qAw
    Last edited by jj984jj; 05-31-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

That's pretty much how I expected the voices to sound. I can't give real impressions untill I play that game, though. They do sound like they will fit in alright.

Looks good, but... why would a trailer spoil the game?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Looks good, but... why would a trailer spoil the game?
    Lots of the story is given away there... if you can understand they are saying.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Is it just me or do they sound like star wars characters?

I listened just long enough to get some voices in my head... I'm allergic to spoilers of any kind, even the innocent ones.

I thought they sounded really good though. I love Kari!

Final Fantasy XII is NOT Star Wars!

XII was made before Star Wars, but because Square can travel through time it only seems like it's coming after when it isn't. I wish people would read the Square Can Time-Travel FAQ before making such comments. *Denial Alert*

FFXIV Character

Ummm... Maybe you should re read what I said, I simply just said they sound like Star Wars characters, how is that in any relevence to what you said? So if I said Dragon Ball Z sounds like Pokemon, does that mean DBZ is copying pokemon now? Lighten up alittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Ummm... Maybe you should re read what I said, I simply just said they sound like Star Wars characters, how is that in any relevence to what you said? So if I said Dragon Ball Z sounds like Pokemon, does that mean DBZ is copying pokemon now? Lighten up alittle.
    O_O

I was just joking, no I don't really believe that Square traveled through time 30+ years and that Final Fantasy XII predates Star Wars. Don't worry, I never make sense to myself either.

Don't make me Roffel your Noffel!
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-25-2006 at 02:42 AM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Is it just me or do they sound like star wars characters?
    I was actually going to say that. I didn't want to get beat up, though. Seriously. It could suck. What the hell is wrong with me today?

FFXIV Character

Really does though, especially with that part with the guy who looks like.. uh... darth someone.. the old guy <.< i'll get a screen shot in a few minutes. Nevermind, different video, don't wanna watch the whole thing again

Funny, I didn't once think about Star Wars while watching that trailer.

Although during that sequence when the airship was escaping the explosion cloud I did see a similarity to FFX (when they were escaping the destruction of "Home".

It sounds awesome, though. The voices fit great. It just got me excited about this game all over again.

Yeah, the Japanese trailers have been out for sometime now, but the japanese voices really didn't suit these caucasion-esque characters at all, even with the text right there on the screen. Therefore, the trailers didn't get my pumped like this one does. Their voices fit really well, and they really appeal to me.

And Vaan doesn't sound like a little boy!!

And Basch seems to be the honorable, @$$-kicking machine I hoped for .
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

seems as it was bad quality i didnt really notice any spoilers. looks great. im looking forwards to it loads. some could say that characters having voices sort of ruins the feel of RPGs but i think this looks like it will have great gameplay. brilliant and interesting plot and all the makings of a fantastic game. shame about the release dates though. and i didnt think about star wars at all too. i know that FF has references to star wars but its nothing like start wars really. only small similariies that dont matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

My denial refuses to accept this Star Wars talk! Square owns George Lucas's soul so Lucas copies off of Square! Yes, yes...that's entirely the case Mmm Denial tastes like chocolate.

Did you see their facial expressions? They were awesome, and this game started being made 12 decades ago. And I have read a few times the characters barely talk to each other or show emotion and are completely unimportant, but this video kind of proved that untrue to me.

Vaan is a smex machine and I can't wait to control him with my controller. Ashe looks pretty tough too. Was Steve Blum doing Basch? I couldn't tell >_<

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

all the voices were great. vaans was alright and baschs voice suprised me a little bit. the expressions and graphics are geat and im looking forwards to it. seems like a great cast of characters. and the characters move very smoothly which is very impressive.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 05-26-2006 at 03:50 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

The British accents gave it a much more epic feel that I can't really explain for some reason.

I thought it was all cool untill Vaans voice came in.
    He sounds like a 13 year old Leonardo Di Caprio.