Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the "friendly monsters"

Default About the "friendly monsters"

Hi, new here...

ANYWAY...I got a question about the "friendly monsters"
    I did what every online guide says...find first eight of them before finding the "Yan"; however, I didn't find them in exact order because I encounter "Ghost" in disc 1 while I encounter others in disc 4. At disc 4, I started from "Mu", but I skipped "Ghost" and find others in order. I'm assuming I satisfied their needs, but the "Yan" keeps running away from me. Is it because I didn't do them in order? Or is it because I have to find all of them before I "reset" the game? Can someone please answer this as soon as possible?

By the way, I tried to re-find them in exact order, but I can't seem to encounter "Mu" again o.O;;
    Please help me on this, it's really annoying that the "Yan" always run out on me.

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

You don't have to do them in order.
    Just give the eight friendly monsters what they ask for, then give the Diamond to the Yan.
    If he's running away it's because you have'nt give the others what they asked for.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Out of interest exactly how rare are these friendly monsters? I swear I spent two hours outside of Treno attempting to find the Ghost and the thing refused to show up. 'Course I could've already given it the gem. Approximately how many battles should I expect before they show up?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Out of interest exactly how rare are these friendly monsters? I swear I spent two hours outside of Treno attempting to find the Ghost and the thing refused to show up. 'Course I could've already given it the gem. Approximately how many battles should I expect before they show up?
    They're pretty common, as long as you look at the right place. Sometimes the guides are not very accurate on the areas.

Blog Entries

I agree. Do not rely on the Guides...!

Friendly Monster can be found most in forest or plain.

Mu: Plain around Dali
    Ghost: Forest near Treno and Quan's Dwelling
    Ladybug: Plain and forest around Conde Petie, Qu's Marsh and Black Mage Village
    Nymph: Iifa Tree area (After Conde Petie Mountain Path), the only forest in Iifa Tree area, search for it.
    Jabberwock: Forest in Forgotten Continent. They rarely appear.
    Feather (If I'm not mistaken): Lost Continent, either forest or plain.
    Garuda: Gizamaluke Grotto, in the moogle's room, there is a rope that will get you up to the world map. Search the forest (don't go to the other forest, you may encounter Grand Dragons (If you're strong then it's ok))
    Yan: Vile Island. You need to see them, not in exact order but in the same disc (I think so).

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Well, like I said...
    I did find them and give them their "needs", I even get their rewards, but the "Yan" keeps running away from me, I was wondering is it because I found "Ghost" in disc 1, while I found others in disc 4? Or is it because I'm suppose to find them all before I reset/exit the game?
    if I'm unclear on my message, please tell me so I can clarify what I'm tryin to say.

By the way, when I found Garuda, I gave him the stones before he asked me and he went "....." and more ".....", does that matter? Does he actually mention "Yan" in his battle message?
    Last edited by H-Kazami; 05-26-2006 at 07:38 PM.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

It means it wants more ores.Give it some more and you're done.

Ah I see, I'll go give it a try, thankies so much...
    Kinda weird though, if it wants more, then why ends the battle before I can give more? >.>?

Sowwie for the double post(just kinda wanna make sure people see the new message)

How often does the "friendly" Garuda appears? Is it only at the forest outside of the "Gizamulake Gotto"(After climbed the rope)? And how often does "Ghost" appear? And do "friendly monsters" appear after you gave them what they wanted? Because when I first met "friendly Garuda", I gave him 3 stones that he needed before he asked me, and he replied me with "......" 3 times and ends the battle gives me a Diamond.

Is it really true that I have to meet all the friendly monsters in the same disc as well? (I can't really find any information regarding that online)

Quote Originally Posted by H-Kazami
    Sowwie for the double post(just kinda wanna make sure people see the new message)
    Is it really true that I have to meet all the friendly monsters in the same disc as well? (I can't really find any information regarding that online)
    That's a no. I usually just try to ecnounter them as I make my way through the game (or as I collect enough items: ores, diamonds, etc.). Just make sure you give them all of whatever it is they want.

Have you encountered the cat outside of daguerro yet? It will ask for a diamond !!!Just kidding!!! It isn't one of the friendly monsters...

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

The Friendly Monsters don't appear once you've given them what they asked for. ( I think)
    If you got the Diamond from Garuda, and have done the others, give it to Yan on Vile Island.

What do you mean by Reset/Exit the Game? Why do you have to do that before you meet Yan.

They don't appear after you already meet them. Also, they don't have to be given in any order, but it's much more convenient if done so, because when giving you specific gems, it's much more easier to just give it. If in a different order, you might sell it or equip your only Diamond. But, this matter about the order is about opinion and chance.
    Let's kick Emerald Weapon's arse with Vincent's Death Penalty in one shot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal
    The Friendly Monsters don't appear once you've given them what they asked for. ( I think)
    If you got the Diamond from Garuda, and have done the others, give it to Yan on Vile Island.

What do you mean by Reset/Exit the Game? Why do you have to do that before you meet Yan.
    I guess I wasn't clear on that. What I mean is that what happens if I save and exit the game and play next time? Does it affect anything?
    Because right now I've encounted all 8 of the "friendly monstesr", and I've given them what they wanted; however, when I gave the stone to Garuda, I gave 3 stones that he wanted before he asks me, then he replies with "......" 3 times, and then ends the battle. Now when I met "Yan", it keeps running away asking if I met the others yet or not.

EDIT:

By the way...I was wondering how long does it take to encounter the "friendly" Garuda

Right now I have 2 Diamonds I think, one from Garuda, and the other one is from somewhere?(I'm not too sure about the amount of Diamonds that I have)
    Last edited by H-Kazami; 06-01-2006 at 05:00 AM.

*BUMP*

Just wondering, Garuda needed 3 stones is it? Because when I first met him, I gave him 3 stones before he asked for them, then he ends the battle like I said, and before he ends the battle, he replied "....." 3 times. Does that mean he is asking for more?