Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Shaving legs and whatnot...

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpot
    You know you want to be like the Yeti or abominable snowman.

Well, not THAT fuzzy. Masculine fuzzy, not hairballs fuzzy.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God
    Back to the main topic... Shaving a beard is fine. There are practical reasons to. But shaving legs... think on this for a second.

The media is constantly pushing people to buy more products. Hair care products and/ or electric shavers are some of them. Already those working in advertising have worn down the barriers so that women have to shave all the time. Beleive it or not kids, women didn't always shave their legs, armpits and/or other places, and people didn't care at the time.

Now, if advertisers can pressure men into feeling self-concious about hair on their body (other than on the face... there are already practical reasons to shave there) they can make even more money. And us men are falling right into that trap. Isn't it all sort of ridiculous?

I shave my face. I, like everyone, conform to some basic social pressures around appearance. But my legs? No. I'm not going to conform to our increasingly commercialized lifestyle any more than that.
    I understand your point, but I never really cared about media and whatnot.
    I started shaving legs while I still thought it was VERY uncommon among guys.
    I just started shaving them because it felt nice, not because "everyone else seemed to do it".

Screw the media, I say; just do what feels right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Can't you do that with lasers or something?
    I think it comes back after a while. A long while that is. The hairs you remove won't come back, but there will be new ones elsewhere.
    Lasers work in some instances an not in others. There are some people who have the hair removed permanently. It all goes, an never comes back. There are people who have it done and can only lose some hair, not all of it. An there are those who have it done an notice no change whatsoever. Most lasers work best on people with pale skin and dark hair. Lasers do not make hair grow back in other places. Electrolysis also can remove hair permanently. But again, for some people it works really well, an for others, not so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Is it weird that I try and convince various guys to shave their legs? I don't care if you're a man or a woman, smooth legs just feel good.
    Whether it's weird or not, it's a good thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Thunder God
    The media is constantly pushing people to buy more products. Hair care products and/ or electric shavers are some of them. Already those working in advertising have worn down the barriers so that women have to shave all the time. Beleive it or not kids, women didn't always shave their legs, armpits and/or other places, and people didn't care at the time.
    Women were removing body hair before the media even existed. Women were removing body hair in a time that was so technologically unadvanced, they used to singe their hairs off!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Before the advent of razors, some humans removed hair using two sea shells to pull the hair out. Later, around 3,000 BC, when copper tools were developed, humans developed copper razors. The idea of an aesthetic approach to personal hygiene may have begun at this time, though Egyptian priests may have practiced something similar to this earlier.
    Break out them sea shells, baby.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I just shaved my legs yesterday. I like having hair on my legs, but mine were getting a bit too hairy. They'll grow back, so no worries. Besides, all that hair made my legs hot

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate shaving my legs! It leaves fugly marks all over my legs. Although afterwards I do get a heavenly silky sensation.

I'm single and its cold weather so the fuzz lives on upon my legs
    Hairy legs act as insulation!

I like the feeling of them being smooth and all...but its so much hassle! booo to hassle

Trust No one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Griever
    I hate shaving my legs! It leaves fugly marks all over my legs. Although afterwards I do get a heavenly silky sensation.
    I got ugly folliculitis on my thighs after shaving about two weeks ago, and they itched like hell for days.
    Still, I'd like to get them used to the shaving; I envy those chicks who can shave them all day long and still keep them nice and sexy.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

But it takes forever to get it right..

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Besides, all that hair made my legs hot
    Proof that God has a sense of humor- hair grows faster in warm weather.

Cant say Ive ever met a fella who shaved his legs. Well, not one whose admitted to it

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara
    Besides, all that hair made my legs hot
    Proof that God has a sense of humor- hair grows faster in warm weather.
    Yeah, a sick one!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you wouldn't want to be using all your energy in winter to grow hair. Best to have it over with so you're prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    you wouldn't want to be using all your energy in winter to grow hair. Best to have it over with so you're prepared.
    I wouldn't want to be using any of my energy to grow hair apart from head hair, eyelashes, an brows.