Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often does Rinoa do "Wishing Star"?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

try getting her HP down to even lower. shes used wishing star twice with me and at least one of them was against the final boss on 1hp. 1200/9999 is only just under an eighth and im pretty sure that the chance would rise if you had even lower HP. and is rinoas name different on some versions because ive heard her being called riona quite a lot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

my Rinoa has never used angel wing. how'd you get it?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get it after an event in the story. Rinoa goes into 'Magic Berserk' mode, the damage of spells is multiplied by five*,and she randomly casts spells in her inventory without using up her stock. (So you could give her one spell, like Meteor, and she'll cast that over and over without using it up.)

It's pretty useful. I still like Zell's better.

*thank you for correcting me.
    Last edited by Zeromus_X; 05-29-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Refer to this thread for details of Angel Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    As for the chances of each coming up I imagine it is probably more related to your "crisis level" rather than your luck stat, much in the same way the game decides whether or not to use Lionheart.
    So close.

You're right in saying that Crisis Level is what determines the move used in Rinoa's case. Luck has nothing to do with it. Crisis Level can be increased to the maximum by inducing the Aura status, having low HP, suffering from negative status effects (Death Sentence is the best) and having both allies KO'd. Of course, not all are necessary to get Wishing Star to appear.

With regards to Lionheart, the Crisis Level determines the number of hits in Renzokuken and whether or not a finishing move will be used. It does not affect which move will be used, as each has a fixed percentage.

Access to Rough Divide: Rough Divide 100%
    Access to Fated Circle: Rough Divide 25%, Fated Circle 75%
    Access to Blasting Zone: Rought Divie 25%, Fated Circle 25%, Blasting Zone 50%
    Access to Lionheart: Rough Divide 25%, Fated Circle 25%, Blasting Zone 25%, Lionheart 25%

Again, the Luck stat has no effect whatsoever on the choice made.

While I'm at it, here are the effects of having a high Crisis Level for the other characters.

Zell: More time.
    Quistis: Higher damage/more statuses induced/higher success rate of causing statuses
    Selphie: More powerful spells and more castings
    Irvine: More time
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 05-30-2006 at 03:58 AM.

Rinoa is at level 99 and I don't have a problem with her using Wishing Star every few turns. I just defeated Bahamut and I know I used it at least twice. Also after casting Meltdown or summoning Doom Train she uses it a lot.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So basically, if you put the character's HP to 1, you'll have a good chance of getting it. (That's pretty 'crisis-y' to me.)

I think anything under 33% HP will be enough to trigger a Limit Break, then the other factors come into play to determine the other things mentioned above.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the info, that always eluded me. *prints*

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    You get it after an event in the story. Rinoa goes into 'Magic Berserk' mode, her Magic stat becomes 255, and she randomly casts spells in her inventory without using up her stock. (So you could give her one spell, like Meteor, and she'll cast that over and over without using it up.)
    To expand on that a bit, Rinoa can carry the following para-magic without casting them during Angel Wing mode:

CURATIVE: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Esuna, Life, Full-life, Regen.
    SUPPORT: Aura, Double, Float, Haste, Protect, Reflect, Shell, Triple.

So, you junction those, + meteor, to your stats and once in Angel Wing mode, she'll cast Meteor every turn, usually doing well in excess of 50,000 damage per round. Whilst Zell's Armageddon Fist combo can do more damage, it's not as consistent (since the amount of time you have per Duel varies + it's annoying as hell to do), and Squall's Lionheart won't come up everytime, so it's my favourite limit break. When you get those three all blasting away at Omega Weapon, he doesn't seem all that tough.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Rinoa['s] Magic stat becomes 255
    No it doesn't. Her Mag stays the same and the resulting damage is multiplied by 5.

Spartvak, that's a nice list you've got there. I've been meaning to make one myself but never got round to it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

*kills person who gave me that info and also prints more*

Is all of this stuff on the main site already? Meh. *checks*

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    I think anything under 33% HP will be enough to trigger a Limit Break, then the other factors come into play to determine the other things mentioned above.
    Agreed.If you don't have aura,just keep your HP around 1/3 of your max HP,then you will be able to trigger a lmit break.You don't need to lower your HP down to the yellow level.

Still there are many side steps in order to make her limit break work in perfection so my point remains that there are other limit breaks more pwerfull and much more reliable and you donīt have to "throw" away a lot of good magic to make it work.

Blog Entries

I've found that Wishing Star is much much much more likely when you're on extremely low health. When Omega Weapon Mediggo Flamed me and I ended up on 1 HP, I was like "HAH! RINOA INVINCIBLE MOON TIME! (Rinoa -> Limit Break -> Angelo)" And then she Wishing Stars and I'm like

I tried again twice to get the same result. On the third attempt at beating Omega Weapon, I got Terra Break-ed and Rinoa ended up on 200-300ish HP and I got Invincible Moon.

I reckon that..yes, it is random to a certain extent. But lower HP and whether or not you have Aura will affect it as well. I think I can back this up with Squall too, as Lion Heart also seemed to come out more often after Ultimecia's final form Hell Judgemented me.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Yeah,when Ulty gave me Hell's Judgement,I ended up fighting her with 1hp throughout the whole battle with only squall and Rinoa left(yeah I didn't even bothered to heal).Then she apocalypsed me and both died and VOILA! Angelo Reverse on Rinoa.Then Full life on Squall,Hell judgement,and I'm fighting her with 1hp again.Then,all I did was hack her ass with Lionheart(the hell,I did it for like,5 or 6 times) and suddenly,Rinoa gave a wishing star and "Wo0t the hell?" I never expected it because I kept using angelo cannon/strike and Invinsible moon.Then,finally,I killed her with the last ever Lionheart.GAME OVER.