Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often does Rinoa do "Wishing Star"?

Default How often does Rinoa do "Wishing Star"?

I'm at Ultimecia's castle right now, and I've just defeated Omega Weapon. I did like 12 Limit Breaks with Riona, and all of them were Angelo Cannon. And before I could see a Wishing Star, Omega died under my other 2 characters Limit Break. Thinking it was Aura's fault(Cause my hp were full), I brought down Riona's hp to 1200/9999 and walked around to battle random enimies. And out of like 30-40times, I still haven't seen her perform 1 wishing star. Out of the 30-40, I've only performed 2 invincible moon. I've already learnt wishing star, but I skipped skills like Angelo Strike and Angelo Recover. My question is, do I need to learn all the skills for Wishing Star to be able to be used? If not, what are the chances of Riona using Wishing Star?

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Well I dunno...but you don't need to learn all for Rinoa to use wishing star.I didn't learn Angelo Search and when fighting Ultimecia,I just suddenly blasted a Wishing Star out(note that I'm fighting at 1hp due to hell's Judgement).

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could just make her only learn that throughout the whole game. (And not learn anything else.) I believe that'd work. (CIW.)

Well, the next time you play through the game anyway. :P

Let her have 2500 HP or under and use Aura on her. Do not learn Angelo Strike

Junction magic to her luck stat. I think that will help.

I was thinking of luck as well, and I've tried it during the 40times. I had 33 luck + 50% luck ability or 30%(Not sure which one), and still no Shooting Star. I didn't learn Angelo Strike cause I know it stinks. I've only seen 1 Shooting Star, and that was 6years ago when I was playing it on my ps.

See, that's really quite strange. Everytime I play the game I see Wishing star after wishing star with all of the limits learned and no magic junctioned to luck. Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?
    That would be weird, and kinda unnecessary =P

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    See, that's really quite strange. Everytime I play the game I see Wishing star after wishing star with all of the limits learned and no magic junctioned to luck. Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?

Well, that would be sucky for me. Mine is Angelo Canon after Angelo Canon. I've only seen 3 invinsible moon out of maybe....100 limit breaks.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The only attack worth "not" learning to increase the chances of Wishing Star is Angelo Strike. Recover, Reverse and Search all occur randomly during the battle and won't appear upon using the limit break (Rush also works like this, but is learned from the start). That leaves Wishing Star and Invincible Moon, both of which are highly useful and desirable during a battle. As for the chances of each coming up I imagine it is probably more related to your "crisis level" rather than your luck stat, much in the same way the game decides whether or not to use Lionheart.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Best method: Don't learn the other limits
    ...Geddit?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

She has used it once ever for me.

She does invisible moon far more often.

the only problem with using her limit breaks though is you can't use angel wing, which is where her real power is

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Angel Wing + Meteor = pwnage, it's the best way to use her
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Well in my game she used that a lot and i learned all the other limit breaks but they´re all crappy and Wishing Star isn´t worth the trouble of having Rinoa possesse only curative magic and forbidden magic...there are other limit breaks much more secure and just as powerfull.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

you mean angel wing isn't worth only having certain magics?

You're right, because she'll do a ton of damage with even level 3 elemental magic like thundaga and firaga and blizzaga. get her speed and magic up and she'll throw those spells off like crazy;o