Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21216171819202122

Thread: KFC Cruelty.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. What War Angel said is less crude than what I said, and the same, for the most part.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    You had better be trolling or you're just plain sick.
    I think he makes a fair point, if in a bit crude manner.

I think most of us would agree - those animals should be treated better, if only slightly. HOWEVER, should it cost us a lot of money, and should the food industry be severly hurt by it, then it's not worth it. The lives of mindless chicken bred for slaughter are not more important than the well-being of even a single human-being. At least, that's the way I see it. I think it would be really nice if we could ease the final moments of those animals' lives, but I wouldn't extend it to reach far and beyond common sense.

They are living creatures. They should be eaten, and that also means suffering, to an extent. This measure of suffering should not be needlessly increased just because someone wants to make a bit more money. Anything worse than the loss of some money to some mega-corporation, like, say, simple people not being capable of buying meat... then I say, screw the chickens. Humans come first.
    That's all well and good, but I'm wondering if you even read the post I directed towards you. Like I said in that post, if we do a little research we'll find that the vast majority of animal farming is based on them being "yummy" to people and profitable to farmers, not for the sake of feeding the hungry or satisfying any dietary need for meat.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Like I said in that post, if we do a little research we'll find that the vast majority of animal farming is based on them being "yummy" to people and profitable to farmers, not for the sake of feeding the hungry or satisfying any dietary need for meat.
    Yeah, but thats the point. They are bred for that, for making money and feeding people with money. They are not about charity. These people are about money. Why would they want to give their good, beefed up animals to someone who cannot pay for them. Again, it is all about the money. No one cares for the less fortunate.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

I'm wondering if you even read the post I directed towards you.
    I most certainly did.

we'll find that the vast majority of animal farming is based on them being "yummy" to people and profitable to farmers, not for the sake of feeding the hungry or satisfying any dietary need for meat.
    In kFC, certainly. It is a fast-food chain. But what about the entire food industry, world-wide? Not fast-food chains, but all of the slaughter-houses on earth, in both the western and third world. Crippling them might have catastrophic results.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thought I should note that I'm totally ignoring IBCrayZ. xP

Anyway, the meat industry in the United States at least (I haven't particularly researched it world-wide) is no different than KFC. This is the way meat is produced in America, and for the purpose of satisfying out want for an excess of meat at the expense of the wellbeing of billions of animals.

And, as I've already mentioned a couple of times, the meat industry is not an efficient means of feeding people. It seems to me that you're choosing to believe the meat industry as a whole serves the purpose of feeding the hungry, though I'm telling you that's not at all what it's doing. Mass farming of meat is cruel to the animals, bad for the environment in several ways, feeds far less people than if we all ate less meat (or none at all, but less is good too) and fed people the food that we're instead feeding to the animals, and the "first world" as a whole eats far more meat than is healthy anyway.

If your justification for factory farming is feeding hungry people than, please, let it go because it just isn't so. If you don't trust me, I'll again recommend reading on Peter Singer, who also lists his sources in his writings.

soooo glad ima vegitarian!!!!!!!!!!!!