Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good training?

Good training?

I've just gotten the airship and I wanted to do some training to level my jobs, so I was wondering where I could get some good ABP. All my party members are lv 28, and I'm just kinda flying around looking for stuff to do. Some good sidequests and special item hunts would be cool too. :mog:

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

i assume this is the first airship you've gotten?

Go to jacole cave with a ninja/throw and a black mage/black magic lvl1 and kill some skull eaters 8)

extra incentive for this way over others: if you do it long enough you'll end up with more elixirs than you have ethers. I am dead serious about this also. Plus it gives good gil and 5 AP a battle.

I don't think there's really much in the way of sidequests you can do just yet.

(oh, for skull eaters, hit one with a weak black magic spell so you don't waste mp, then it'll go away and come back. Then just throw a bolttech or waterscroll or whatever your game calls them on the group)

It's the ancient airship from the cave under crescent island.

This method sounds pretty okay, but I'm kinda going on a berserker spree, equipping Berserk on random jobs and just running around killing stuff to get as much ABP as possible. I don't have BlackMage mastered yet, but when I do, this way of gaining ABP will pretty much be useless. I'll check it out, but I'll need somewhere to go for later where the enemies are not too tough and give 2-3 ABP.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you make enough Gil, try getting 99 Ethers from Butz's hometown. (They're cheap, half-off or something.) Granted, not everyone will do this, but y'know. You'll have enough to last you until...well, a certain part in the story.

Killing Skull Eaters ftw. Though a safer alternative would be the Easterly forest, though you get alot less AP.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I uaually use the karnak escape to stock up on elixers. You can easily gain over 20 in there alone.

Side quests are in short supply at this stage in the game. You probabley have shiva and ramuh by now and you probabley visited tycoon castle already, i think thats pretty much all there is to do. You'll get more and better side quests later.

For AB you can do as rubah suggested. Skull eaters might not appear as often as you like but the only other place i can think of where AB comem in moderate supply is the area surrounding the forest where ramuh is found. You get between 3 and 5AB for killing the enemies there.

What you could do is try to learn all the available Blue magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

eh, I got 11 jobs mastered now, got bored and went to the other world. I was going to get more blue magic, but I completely forgot :/

ah well, not really experienced enough in FFV to do a complete game yet anyway.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

eleven jobs mastered xD

Dude there's a veritable AP goldmine in world 2 you could've used :]

where? I'm still in world 2, so I can still go there.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

grab some softs or level five doom and head to the basement of Val/Bal castle 8)

thanks

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wonder if the developers intended to put these AP goldmines in the game, or they're just oversights. Either way, Lv5 Doom rocks.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're clearly not oversights, if you've tried to master red mage, mimic, or samurai.
    1159, 999, and 820 AP each respectively.

that's about 200 battles with stone soldiers for each of them, depending on how many times you get five soldiers instead of two.

Well, I'm at Bal castle now, and I've mastered 26 jobs, among other Red Mage. I found a method that works pretty good: Lv 40 and up, all characters equipped with their strongest Fight equipment /abilities, have one guy with !Slash and just run around fighting the statues. For two at a time, just go nuts killing them as fast as you can. Normally they won't even get a chance to cast Break. For 5 at a time, use soft on one, !Slash and have the rest use Fight. If there's 2 or less left after Slash, just keep hitting them. If more, just use Slash again or a few softs.

Saves you a few softs in the long run, and easy to do without paying too much attention
    Last edited by 0mNiS|aSh; 05-30-2006 at 12:22 AM.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

your definetly leveling up a lot more than you need to. which is a good thing. i wouldnt spend too much time getting tons of ABP in world 1 and 2 though. in world 3, the second you get the airship you can get a black chocobo and go to the pheonix tower and find some magic pots for 100ABP per battle or better still. go to the N-zone and get to the final floors. the normal enemys there are worth over 20 ABP per battle and movers give you 199 ABP and 150,000gil. in fact im sure the purpose of the final floors is to get good abilities and money to prepare for the last battle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Banned

If you use an emulator (which you most likely do), then there's an incredible strategy:

Equip "Berserk" on all chars, and go to some area with easy enemies; the first enemies in the game will do!

Now just run around and hold the Action button and Fast Forward button forever; your chars will kill everything by themselves and your Action button über-usage will accept the windows after the battles.
    This way, you can just run around anywhere in turbo mode while holding the Action button.
    It's awesome!

Also note that this is not cheating (in that case, you could consider skipping FMV's as cheating): you don't affect the technical parts in any way, you just speed up the stuff you would do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mNiS|aSh
    11 jobs mastered
    OMG, I usually master TWO Jobs per character before heading for the second world.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 06-17-2006 at 10:18 AM.