View Poll Results: Who is gonna win? JUST WHO!?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 8.18%
  • Brazil

20 18.18%
  • Czech Republic

1 0.91%
  • England

17 15.45%
  • France

10 9.09%
  • Germany

9 8.18%
  • Italy

10 9.09%
  • Mexico

5 4.55%
  • Netherlands

3 2.73%
  • Portugal

4 3.64%
  • Spain

2 1.82%
  • USA

8 7.27%
  • Some team that isn't mentioned here, such as Ukraine.

12 10.91%
Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516203060 ... LastLast

Thread: Zidane's Headbutt Discussion and also some stuff on that FIFA World Cup 2006 thing

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Germany's attacking was brilliant because Costa Rica's defence was poor. Still give the Germans credit for making the most out of it. A crucial three points. Let's face it. They're not going to score many more long range crackers like that so barring those goals it could easily have been a 2-2 draw
    ...Geddit?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

A nice game to begin with. Costa Rica were a lot poorer than I expected, although you can't fault their two well-worked goals. As for Germany, they looked very efficient in midfield, with Frings controlling the play, and Podolski and Schweinsteiger always looked dangerous, and it seems Klose is in top form, which isn't good news for the other 31 nations. However, as Russielloyd said:
    Germany's defense is terrible, if they had played a good team, Germany will get destroyed.
    Absolutely. Still, it means that Germany will be exciting to watch...for a change.

Reading my own quote there,..sometimes i type like a right moron

I meant 'would of' instead of will. Though still, if their defense doesn't improve, they will get battered by any good team they play.

Ok, i've got a 2nd match to record now, i'll be back after it.

Aw, I was intensely proud of Costa Rica! They fought pretty well -- by their standards -- till the very aend and that Wanchope was brilliant. Seemed like a one-man show to me sometimes, though; I think Centeno picked up a little in the second-half and that's how the second Tico goal was set up. I guess they'll be happy with two goals at any rate, seeing as how they went out at group stage last year on goal difference to Turkey.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Go Poland! Or maybe i'll root for Ecuador, im not sure yet...
    Poland is a better team, so I don't want to be a glory supporter, but well, I just like the Polish.
    I kind of like the ball they use, then again im probably biased since Germany won it.

EDIT: Pol 0 - 1 Ecu!
    noooooooooooooo!
    Last edited by Croyles; 06-09-2006 at 08:24 PM.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

PAULO PAULO YOU ARE MY HERO I LOVE YOU PAULO COME BACK TO MAN CITY <3333333

I don't care about the end result, Paulo is a king amongst men.

HE IS! I'm convinced that Ecuador will slowly kill Poland off. 1 - 0 to them, C. Tenorio scores. Althought Poland seem to be playing pretty well -- they are attacking, somewhat. I forsee more goals
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

A goal-packed opener was a nice treat, even thought it was so one-sided. Nice to see Paulo Wanchope grab a couple, but I think that's as good as things are going to get for Costa Rica. Poland and Ecuador look as though they should be able to keep them out. Ecuador don't look bad going forward either. Still, there's no-one in this group who should trouble England in the second round.

Anyway, this game looks a bit more competitive, if not as great a spectacle. We should see a goal from each side in the second half.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Ecuador played brilliantly. Poland were sheer unlucky hitting the post twice but that's football. I was pretty sure the second goal should have been ruled out for offside, but they defended well and deserved the clean sheet. This is what's good about having many European sides in this World Cup - they are all decent. When a decent side goes down they will dominate the rest of the game even though the momentum isn't on their side and in this match it kept switching. This group will be an intriguing one to keep an eye on
    ...Geddit?

Poland 0
    Ecuador 2

Quite a open in the first half, going back an forth, but with the first goal, the game went from Poland a bit untill a kickup the backside at half tiem.

Then basically, it was Poland's ball in the 2nd half, but luck was never with them, but still, Ecuador did well to hold on, with the counter attack seemed to be the beating Poland with the last goal.

Overall, that match wasn't great, but with this result i think Ecuador will finish 2nd.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletype
    Ecuador played brilliantly.
    I don't think "brilliantly" describes it. Efficiently is a better word. I'm rather disappointed with Poland's showing, and they're probably going to go out now. I think Germany v Poland looks like it's going to be a real snorefest, although Ecuador v Germany could be interesting.

The beauty of the World Cup in all it's glory. One bad performance and it all seems screwed. It's a real pain in the ass for Poland not just three points behind but a -4 goal difference between themselves and Ecuador.
    8 goals on the first day, not at all bad
    ...Geddit?

Great opening game, im glad i stayed up till 4 am watching it... the result however is me now being damn tired... something which will no doubt continue for the next month... STUPID TIME DIFFERENCE!!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Will England be able to screw history and get a goal in the second half??

1 - 0 to England. Hah, completely deserved. Paraguay have had hardly any chances to breach England's seemingly rock-solid defence; they've not been able to do this even through their occasional set-pieces (few and far between anyways). Poor Paraguay went to pieces the first 16 minutes or so. I didn't expect Gamarra to score an own goal -- he's such a veteran, and he's their captain too, right? (Not sure.)

Well, I hope England convert more of their many chances into goals, and make this a real thrilling game. The ref. really seems to have something against poor Crouch, so I hope he scores too.

Edit: Croyles, at the rate both teams are going -- probably.