View Poll Results: Who is gonna win? JUST WHO!?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 8.18%
  • Brazil

20 18.18%
  • Czech Republic

1 0.91%
  • England

17 15.45%
  • France

10 9.09%
  • Germany

9 8.18%
  • Italy

10 9.09%
  • Mexico

5 4.55%
  • Netherlands

3 2.73%
  • Portugal

4 3.64%
  • Spain

2 1.82%
  • USA

8 7.27%
  • Some team that isn't mentioned here, such as Ukraine.

12 10.91%
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617213161 ... LastLast

Thread: Zidane's Headbutt Discussion and also some stuff on that FIFA World Cup 2006 thing

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Im rooting for England

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

I love Paraguay!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Paraguay are slowly getting the hang of it!

EDIT: 1-0 was my prediction, but England really should have scored more!
    Unfortunetely England ran out of steam on the second half.

It was hotter in Japan/South Korea, why use that justification l0l.
    Last edited by Croyles; 06-10-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Once again, Sven is an IDIOT!

There was no reason to take Owen off! and for a left winger. Stick Walcott on if you're going to take Owen off, you muppet.

Refferee was utterly useless, he didn't leave Crouch alone one bit.

Though our defence is stilll solid as ever and we played a better first half then they did of a second half, they should of been dead and burried by half time. The heat got the better of us i think, though J.Cole and Gerrard were great.

Deserved win in the end.

The Good:
    • We've won our opener, and that essentially guarentees our qualification already. The only matter of any importance now is whether we make first or second.
    • A great first half performance, particularly from Gerrard and Joe Cole. We closed down the Paraguayans well, and prevented their big players from creating any chances.
    • Paul Robinson hit the TV thingy.

The Bad:
    • Bringing on Downing for Owen simply made no sense, and the introduction of Hargreaves made it obvious that Sven was happy to pl for a draw. England showed no ambition whatsoever in the second half, and although we got away with it here, we won't be able to do the same in the later rounds.
    • Ashley Cole had a very poor first half, and was the only member of the team that looked off-form. However, he made a decent recovery after half-time, so I suppose it's forgivable.
    • Some terrible officiating has hampered us with two undeserved yellow cards that might prove inconvenient.

The Ugly:
    • Nelson Valdez really needs to shave that goatee off. :yuck:
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Which junior Einstein had the bright idea of appointing a latin referee to a latin team's game? If Crouch so much as looked at a player in a blue shirt he gave a free kick. And not allowing players to take on water? ...what? Idiot. Complete idiot.

Paraguay didn't play well, and it was only because of their incompetence that we won, really. As for us, well, I can understand not going all-out to destroy Paraguay in such heat at the first game of a long tournament, even if Ian Wright can't. But honestly, is keeping possession so much to ask for? If we do that against a good team, we're going to get spanked.

Still, the first half showed glimpses and glimmers of what we're capable of, and I hope we begin to show more of it.

Why they for once give us a bloody evening match, where it's not so hot and there's a breeze more likely circulating around. We never do well in the heat.

Still we're basically through now, just beat T&T and we are through and most likely playing Sweden for first place.

I still Think England will get better as they progress because seeing as we don't normally win our opening games it was a good result.

I have a slight feeling that Rooney might take play some part against T&T.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I want to see Brazil, England must play better than that if they want to go to the final..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Ok, being an American, whenever people say "football" I think the US type... but I know what this is. I watched the England v. Paraguay match... that was interesting.... Go England.... although if they have to wait for OG's (although, granted it should be credited to Beckham....) to win, they might not get out of group. Still, untill after the group stage I will support England, but if both USA and England make it out of group, I support USA 100%.

EDIT: SWE 0:0 TRI early second half.... TRI Avery John is red carded
    Last edited by jesteranimefreak; 06-10-2006 at 06:06 PM.

My Youtube My Fanfiction Click above for Wish I Had an Angel

I am SO smurfing proud of Trinidad & Tobago. What with Marvin Andrews out with a knee injury, and Kelvin Jack cut out of the game 10 minutes before it began (a horrible spot of bad luck), and this being their first time in the World Cup ever, I'm pretty sure the majority had written T&T off. Add to that the fact that Sweden are fielding the likes of Ibrahimovic, Larsson and Ljungberg. (It is wonderful to see Rami Shabaan again, in the passing. ^__^)

Shaka Hislop is doing a great job as fill-in goalie -- I suppose this is to be expected, seeing as he is WH's first choice goalie. I don't know why Leo favours Jack over Hislop, but I have never seen Jack play, so nyah. Two great saves to his name already in this game, and hopefully more to come. Plucky is the word to describe the way T&T're playing; [I assume from the commentator's words that] everyone was expecting Sweden to come away with a rout -- and instead, it's 0 - 0 at half time, and towards the end, T&T looked increasingly threatening!

This game also has the greatest ambience ever. The T&T fans are so loud and happy, it's infecting even me. My favourite game of the tournament so far. I'm so proud of T&T, for reasons completely unknown even to me.

Edit: Poor little Resha presses the submit button, and Avery John gets a red card for his second tackle on Wilhelmsson. Aw, man. I can only watch and see -- but it seems pretty improbable (a win, at any rate -- which was a Senegalese-like dream) now. At most hope for a draw, 0 - 0 or otherwise, if they play stunningly.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

SHAKA HISLOP YOU LOVELY LITTLE MAN

Seriously, the best match of the tournament so far, and great news for England. Congrats to Trinidad and Tobago on a great result.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Trinidad &Tobago 0
    Sweden 0

I think Trinidad &Tobago just made some friends.

Well done to them, they performed out of their skins. Given Sweden missed some great oppotunities, there defense was amazing.

Shaka Hislop, where the hell did that peformance come from, he was amazing, that other keepers injury was a blessing in disguise.

Dwight Yorke, i don't think he's run more than that in his whole football career.

Their team will go down in history, just for that result and performance.

Well done T&T.

YES! I am so happy. They played brilliantly, bravely -- good news for Engerland too :rolleyes2 BUT STILL. WITH 10 MEN. Amazing, brilliant, and I'm high. Trinidad and Tobago fans are seriously the best. xD
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

We'll see about that in the next match v England, when the stadium is like 95% of England Fans singing "Football's coming home"

L0L

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Call me a cynic, but I'd say there are a lot of Americans with no knowledge of football voting for their own country.
    Oooh! Pick me! ME! Go USA! I love soccer.