View Poll Results: Who is gonna win? JUST WHO!?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 8.18%
  • Brazil

20 18.18%
  • Czech Republic

1 0.91%
  • England

17 15.45%
  • France

10 9.09%
  • Germany

9 8.18%
  • Italy

10 9.09%
  • Mexico

5 4.55%
  • Netherlands

3 2.73%
  • Portugal

4 3.64%
  • Spain

2 1.82%
  • USA

8 7.27%
  • Some team that isn't mentioned here, such as Ukraine.

12 10.91%
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3464747879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1265

Thread: Zidane's Headbutt Discussion and also some stuff on that FIFA World Cup 2006 thing

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Zih-dahn sounds much much better than Zih-dain.
    Zih-dahn is how both the footballer and the FFIX character are SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-16-2006 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Zih-dahn sounds much much better than Zih-dain.
    Zih-dahn is how both the footballer and the FFIX character are SUPPOSED to be pronounced.
    Eww...

Oh well, I'm stil pronouncing it (Zi-Dain) Sounds better that way.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Eww... back
    Zi-dain sounds VERY americanised, at least some people TRY to adopt the original language's sounds l0l. Zi-daine sounds like youve got something stuck in your throat, or have turned into some sort of pig/crow, or man-bear-pig. Zi-dahn sounds classy. ^^

Anyway. Oh yeah, I know this isnt World Cup news, but seeing as how Italy won the world cup, its interesting to know that the following Italian football clubs have been given verdicts:

CLUB PUNISHMENTS

Juventus:
    Relegated to Serie B
    30-point deduction for next season
    Stripped of 2005 and 2006 titles
    Out of 2006-07 Champions League
    Five-year ban for ex-general manager Luciano Moggi
    Five-year ban for ex-chief executive Antonio Giraudo

AC Milan:
    Deducted 15 points next season
    One-year ban for vice-president Adriano Galliani
    Club official Leonardo Meani banned for three years and six months

Fiorentina:
    Relegated to Serie B
    12-point deduction next season
    President Andrea Della Valle banned for three years and six months
    Four-year ban for honorary president Diego Della Valle

Lazio:
    Relegated to Serie B
    Out of 2006-07 Uefa Cup
    7-point deduction next season
    Three-year ban for president Claudio Lotito

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/5164194.stm

And who get the Serie A titles 04-05 and 05-06? Inter?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Zi-Dahn sounds so smurfing stupid. 'Dane' is not pronounced Dahn. Danish people are not called Dahn-ish. Dane = Dane, or Dain.

Anyway, Juve got screwed pretty bad. Fair enough on the league drop and removal from Europe but -30 points as well is shocking. Oh well, I suppose they get what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkymonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Psh, you think those are amusing?

http://www.thezidanegame.de.vu/

Now that's quality. Also, I changed the thread title to something more appropriate.
    Much more appropiate, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    I hate how they pronounce it

(Zih-dahn)

I wonder if that's how Zidane from ff9's name's pronounced...
    I presumed that Zidane was the the lead character of FFIX's lead character's first name, and considering it is Zidane Zih-dahn I think our hero is pretty safe.
    Meaning?
    Meaning he's safe from having a rubbish name.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The -30 points is to stop them from saying "oh well, we'll definitely be in Serie A next season anyway" - although all said and done they probably will be regardless. How many teams get promoted each season in Italy? If it's less than three, one of those sides is gonna miss out.

EDIT: At the end of the season, three teams are promoted to Serie A and four go down to Serie C. The top two teams are automatically promoted, while the third- through sixth-place teams enter a playoff series (almost identical in format to that long used in England's Football League) to determine the final promotion spot.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Eww... back
    Zi-dain sounds VERY americanised, at least some people TRY to adopt the original language's sounds l0l. Zi-daine sounds like youve got something stuck in your throat, or have turned into some sort of pig/crow, or man-bear-pig. Zi-dahn sounds classy. ^^
    No it doesn't, but whatever. I'm american so I'm going to pronounce it the american way.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

too bad the French army isn't that mean, maybe they should ask for tips. i thought that was very funny. i still laugh my butt off when i see it.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Zi-Dahn sounds so smurfing stupid. 'Dane' is not pronounced Dahn. Danish people are not called Dahn-ish. Dane = Dane, or Dain.

Anyway, Juve got screwed pretty bad. Fair enough on the league drop and removal from Europe but -30 points as well is shocking. Oh well, I suppose they get what they deserved.
    I definitely agree to disagree here. Dain? Ugh.
    Well it IS americanised, whether it sounds americanised or not, since every other country I know (not including Australia, New Zealand, and 1 or 2 others) would pronounce it Dahn and not Daine.
    Zi-dahn sounds softer and less forced than Zi-daine imo
    Both FFIX Zidane and football Zidane are Zi-dahn, but obviously you can pronounce it however you want, just make sure there arent any french people about when you do it!

Also, the word Zidane comes from the word 'Gitane' (also pronounced Gi-tahn). Gitane apparently means gypsy. Zinedine Zidane is an Algerian gypsy, right?
    And Zidane Tribal is also supposed to be a gypsy, his last name also verifies that meaning.
    Since they both come from the same word, they should also be pronounced the same way IMO

If you want to pronounce it in proper french, it would be something like Zi-dah. (with a very very soft N) - Im pretty sure.
    But anyway, i cant be arsed to have a lengthy discussion on how to pronounce Mr 'I wish I was a bull'
    So any replies to this will go unanswered out of sheer laziness

Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Yeah I THINK Inter Milan will get it, but im not entirely sure myself. Check on some sporting websites.
    Last edited by Croyles; 07-17-2006 at 01:49 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ff_sweden
    Nobody.

Also, regarding the second most famous sending off in the World Cup, Rooney has said the Carvahlo incident wasn't intentional, and I believe him to be honest, as he had his back to him at the time and so couldn't see where his foot was going. It's just one of those things in football, really.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xl0MXJoI9E guys, I just almost peed myself laughing at that, enjoy watching the great Materazzi fall to the might of Zidane's head throughout the ages. I think the Itallians must be quite pissed indeed with these punishments, pissed at themselves for bringing it to themselves, but you gotta feel bad in some way for some of the teams.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

On the subject of the Italian verdict, are the relegated teams demoted in place of the clubs who finished bottom of Serie A this season, or will they be replaced by the 4th-6th placed clubs from Serie B? Similarly, will Italy simply forefeit three of their Champions' League spots for the season, or will they simply be filled by other teams?

Either way, I suppose this makes European football more interesting next season, what with the flurry of transfer activity following Juve's demotion, and the consequences this will have for Serie A next year. I suppose this means we won't have a Juventus side in PES6, though.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah it wouldn't be so easy for them to go back up when you consider there will probably be a mass exodus of the best players for clubs that can still play in Europe.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    On the subject of the Italian verdict, are the relegated teams demoted in place of the clubs who finished bottom of Serie A this season, or will they be replaced by the 4th-6th placed clubs from Serie B? Similarly, will Italy simply forefeit three of their Champions' League spots for the season, or will they simply be filled by other teams?
    The three teams that would normally have been relegated (Two others that nobody cares about, and my favourites, Lecce ) are staying in Serie A.

As for the Champions League (Hey Cz, look who messed up the name this time ) Roma, Chievo Verona and Palermo will take the spots instead, with teams below them taking the UEFA cup spots.