View Poll Results: Who is gonna win? JUST WHO!?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 8.18%
  • Brazil

20 18.18%
  • Czech Republic

1 0.91%
  • England

17 15.45%
  • France

10 9.09%
  • Germany

9 8.18%
  • Italy

10 9.09%
  • Mexico

5 4.55%
  • Netherlands

3 2.73%
  • Portugal

4 3.64%
  • Spain

2 1.82%
  • USA

8 7.27%
  • Some team that isn't mentioned here, such as Ukraine.

12 10.91%
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021222324283868 ... LastLast

Thread: Zidane's Headbutt Discussion and also some stuff on that FIFA World Cup 2006 thing

0 - 0 at half time. (England - T&T )

Seems to me like T&T are just lying back; they wouldn't mind a draw, and so their initial defensive play seems to me like they're desperate just not concede and lose. If they draw with England and beat Paraguay, they will go through to the next round, regardless of the Sweden - England result. (They'll have 5 and Sweden either 6 or 3, England either 4 or 7). But Jesus Christ, some determined defending there -- good stuff. Not a great showing from Robinson especially when he left goal completely open for that Stern John shot -- thank god for Terry, aye?

If and when England score, I hope Crouch does it. I hope he scores an amazing, fabulous goal and shuts everyone up. They'll all be waffling on about the 42nd minute. :/

*It's so nice to see Crouch and Lawrence together in the box marking each other. They're perfect, it's so cute! Both tall, tall, talllll people.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Hahahahaha I turned the TV on just and literally the first thing I saw was downing pass to Lennon, to Beckham, to Crouch and goal. Ultimate timing

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

...Thank smurf for that.

2-0... I love Stevie Gerrard.

And England are through to the 2nd round, and in true England fashion aswell.

Inspired substitution for once! Glad to see Rooney back!

Come on Paraguay, beat the swedes!

I can't be bothered to say anything else now!

Quote Originally Posted by Resha
    If and when England score, I hope Crouch does it. I hope he scores an amazing, fabulous goal and shuts everyone up. They'll all be waffling on about the 42nd minute. :/
    Y'heard it here first.

Great shots, especially Gerrard's. There was definitely more pace and life in the game once Rooney and Lennon came on. Gotta applaud Beenhakker's tactics though -- for 82 minutes, they worked.

T&T still have a chance. Sweden have to draw/lose their next two matches (which is a bit of a hope, with Paraguay!) and T&T have to beat Paraguay with a comfortable goal margin. I think they deserve to go through, I think. I hope they do.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    ...Thank smurf for that.

2-0... I love Stevie Gerrard.
    Jess, where have you been for this thread? We know you like football!

Yes, i think the whole of England loves Stevie G right now!

Also Terry, the rock at the back, no one can break him!

Yes, i think the whole of England loves Stevie G right now!
    Indeed! It was an excellent match Dont forget Crouchy!

Crouch missed a siitter but then scored, so he made up for it! so my opinion of him hasn't improved or got worse!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The game looked very edgy!
    Well done though.
    A remarkable similarity to the Germany vs Poland game.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

England swung back and forth between playing well, and playing terribly. Trinidad and Tobago on the other hand, played terribly throughout except for about 15 minutes at the end of the first half. Yes, T&T will probably get a lot of credit for that performance, but why? Throwing 10 men behind the ball, in between occasionally breaking every 10 minutes? Terrible, and look what it got them: Nothing. Would've been more interesting if they'd actually had a go at us.

FAO Rio Ferdinand: STOP COMING UP FOR CORNERS AND FREE KICKS YOU FLAMING GREAT PILLOCK!
    FAO Paul Robinson: You seem to have forgotten the reason why you are England's #1: You are not David James. So stop acting like you are.
    FAO Michael Owen: Oh dear oh dear oh dear. "I want to be the top scorer in this World Cup." Do you, Little Mickey? Do you really? It sure doesn't look like it.
    FAO Aaron Lennon: I love you.
    FAO John Terry: I also love you.
    FAO Peter Crouch: You know I love you, Crouchatron. And I'd love you even more if you had done your dance.

I hope this gives an incentive to drop Lampard for a holding player, either Carrick or Hargreaves. He played terribly, and wasted a lot of good chances. That's not to say Stevie had a blinder, because he didn't, but he played better than Lampard.

In other news, Ecuador are class.

EDIT: Oh, Sven? Can we play Beckham at right-back and Lennon as a winger from now on, seeing as the Neviller is injured? Pretty please?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    FAO Rio Ferdinand: STOP COMING UP FOR CORNERS AND FREE KICKS YOU FLAMING GREAT PILLOCK!
    I'm not usually a massive Rio fan (I don't care what you guys say about him Wes Brown is better), but would that not be Sven's decision rather than Rio's?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    FAO Michael Owen: Oh dear oh dear oh dear. "I want to be the top scorer in this World Cup." Do you, Little Mickey? Do you really? It sure doesn't look like it.
    FAO Aaron Lennon: I love you.
    FAO Peter Crouch: You know I love you, Crouchatron. And I'd love you even more if you had done your dance.
    I have faith that Mikey will do us proud. But I'm a Geordie, so I would say that. He won't be the top scorer though, but he'll still get us a couple.

Aaron Lennon. Wow. I never noticed how amazing he was.

RoboCrouch said he wasn't going to do the robodance anymore because he doesn't want to become a joke. :laugh:

Oh my good god. We played absolutly terribly. I can't actually believe we won that match. Were they all drunk or something? We were extremely lucky to squirm to 2-0. And I hope Sven realizes that. Lampard should be shot. (SPOILER)Yes that is exaggerating but you get the idea

Go Italy.

Bah humbug. We are never going to win this World Cup if we play as poorly as that. We did almost nothing until the introduction of Rooney, who hardly changed the course of the game, but seemed to inspire the team to actually try to create something. Lennon was tricky going down the right, and Crouch got into some good positions, even if his finishing wasn't really up to scratch. However, I do think we were very fortunate to come out with a two goal victory considering the way we played. Our play just isn't varied enough at the moment, and our only consistent source of opportunities is the high ball in from the right. Without Rooney our ground play isn't what it could be, and usually results in speculative efforts from Lampard or Gerrard that are generally ineffective. Defensively we're much better, with John Terry in particular dominant in our own third of the field. But the lack of a dedicated holding player might cause problems on the counter-attack against a better side than T&T. But specific criticisms aside, what matters is that based on the two performances we've seen, our England team would collapse pitifully against the likes of Argentina. Unless I see a marked improvement against Sweden, I'll be feeling less than confident about our chances of taking the trophy.

And congratulations to Crouch on not doing the dance. Way to conduct yourself with dignity, Pete.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulchotic
    In other news, Ecuador are class.
    Hell yes. Shock Group A winners?
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.