View Poll Results: Who is gonna win? JUST WHO!?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

9 8.18%
  • Brazil

20 18.18%
  • Czech Republic

1 0.91%
  • England

17 15.45%
  • France

10 9.09%
  • Germany

9 8.18%
  • Italy

10 9.09%
  • Mexico

5 4.55%
  • Netherlands

3 2.73%
  • Portugal

4 3.64%
  • Spain

2 1.82%
  • USA

8 7.27%
  • Some team that isn't mentioned here, such as Ukraine.

12 10.91%
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 114151555657585960616263646566677181 ... LastLast

Thread: Zidane's Headbutt Discussion and also some stuff on that FIFA World Cup 2006 thing

Quote Originally Posted by Resha
    Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    It's fair to say that England had the most world class players in it's starting 11, but with a manager who didn't have a clue, it all went obviously wrong.
    As opposed to Brazil?? No.

Um yes, none of their back four are world class anymore, Dida ijust sucks, Kaka, Ronaldino, Robinho and Ronaldo and Adriano on their day.

England:
    Terry, Ferdinhand, Neville Carragher, A cole, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Rooney, Owen, Beckham, (starting to lose that status though i think)

Yeah, Brazil have more don't they! :rolleyes2

Aslo, some other news.

David has stepped down as England captain, with John Terry most likely to be his succeeder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nd/5138288.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Do world class players lose to the French?
    Since when did world class players win World Cups anyways? World class teams do. Brazil have an amazing team full of world class players, moreso than England! But France gave it a sublime team effort, and they won. So yes, world class players do lose to the French. Are you telling me Ronaldinho and Kaka and Adriano and Cafu and Roberto Carlos aren't world class players just because their team lost to France??

EDIT: Didn't see Russie's post there.

[q]Um yes, none of their back four are world class anymore, Dida ijust sucks, Kaka, Ronaldino, Robinho and Ronaldo and Adriano on their day.

England:
    Terry, Ferdinhand, Neville Carragher, A cole, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Rooney, Owen, Beckham, (starting to lose that status though i think)[/q]

Since when was Paul Robinson the greatest goalie on earth? He might be better than David James, but he's not exactly ace himself. I might put him slightly above Dida, but I don't consider either of the two to be anything special. And just because Ronaldinho had a lousy tournament and Ronaldo's not as good as he once was, I cannot believe you're quite casually dismissing them. If we're going by performances this tournament, then note that Rooney didn't get any more goals than Ronaldinho, and that Lampard got less than Ronaldo. Cafu and Roberto Carlos not world class?????!??!?!?!?!

...?!?!?! ?!?!!!????
    Last edited by Resha; 07-02-2006 at 03:57 PM.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    Do world class players lose to the French?
    Since when did world class players win World Cups anyways? World class teams do. Brazil have an amazing team full of world class players, moreso than England! But France gave it a sublime team effort, and they won. So yes, world class players do lose to the French. Are you telling me Ronaldinho and Kaka and Adriano and Cafu and Roberto Carlos aren't world class players just because their team lost to France??

EDIT: Didn't see Russie's post there.

[q]Um yes, none of their back four are world class anymore, Dida ijust sucks, Kaka, Ronaldino, Robinho and Ronaldo and Adriano on their day.

England:
    Terry, Ferdinhand, Neville Carragher, A cole, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Rooney, Owen, Beckham, (starting to lose that status though i think)[/q]

Since when was Paul Robinson the greatest goalie on earth? He might be better than David James, but he's not exactly ace himself. I might put him slightly above Dida, but I don't consider either of the two to be anything special. And just because Ronaldinho had a lousy tournament and Ronaldo's not as good as he once was, I cannot believe you're quite casually dismissing them. If we're going by performances this tournament, then note that Rooney didn't get any more goals than Ronaldinho, and that Lampard got less than Ronaldo. Cafu and Roberto Carlos not world class?????!??!?!?!?!

...?!?!?! ?!?!!!????
    Okay, where in my quote did i say that Paul Robinson was world class?

And where did i say Ronaldinho wasn't world class? The players i mentioned are the ones that i consider world class, you think i'd say Kaka wasn't world class?! your mad! l0l

I'm not going by World Cup performances, Cafu is like 37 is not world class anymore, Carlos got famous off one free kick and suddenly he's a amazing player?! He was good, not great.

Did you actually read my post? Sure as hell didn't look like it.

Do world class players lose to the Portugese?
    Technically, England didn't lose to Portugal, official results will go down as a 0-0 draw.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Cafu and Roberto Carlos not world class?????!??!?!?!?!

...?!?!?! ?!?!!!????
    I think the term world class is dished out a little too generously these days. I don't think Cafu or Roberto Carlos are world class. I don't know too much about their careers pre-1998 but they both seem like pretty lame defenders.
    ...Geddit?

One of the reasons Brazil lost was because of its side-backs. Both of them can't cross and can't defend either. In France's goal, R. Carlos was lookig at his socks! I mean, WTF!? So, no, they're not world class.

Okay, where in my quote did i say that Paul Robinson was world class?

And where did i say Ronaldinho wasn't world class?

I'm not going by World Cup performances, Cafu is like 37 is not world class anymore, Carlos got famous off one free kick and suddenly he's a amazing player?! He was good, not great.

Did you actually read my post? Sure as hell didn't look like it.
    Unfortunately, I did.

You didn't say anything about Robinson, but I was just using him as a comparison to Dida.

And I never said you said Ronaldinho wasn't world class -- I think I was talking to Shoden, then? What you did say was that Ronaldinho (& co.) is only world class "on his day". Now, what is THAT supposed to mean? Every player has off days and every player has off tournaments, like Ronaldinho just did. Either you're world class or you're not. You're not just world class on Monday and sub-par on Tuesday.

I don't know much about Cafu pre-2002, to be honest. But I'll be frank (this was a blatant assumption) -- he can't be all that bad if he's been in three World Cup finals, can he? If Gary Neville is a world class player, then so is Cafu, imho. I agree that Roberto Carlos didn't have a great tournament though.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    One of the reasons Brazil lost was because of its side-backs. Both of them can't cross and can't defend either. In France's goal, R. Carlos was lookig at his socks! I mean, WTF!? So, no, they're not world class.
    When the free-kick leading to the goal was taken Roberto Carlos was a yard or two off his marker. I think he was getting ready for a sprint in the opposite direction for a counter attack that never happened.
    ...Geddit?

On their day, i meant that just for Ronaldo and Adriano. I'm giving these two players the benefit of the doubt, they can be great, it's just they can't be bothered to, it seems.

Neville actually defends aswell as flying down the flanks and does a great job at both, making him a quality player.

And also, i think it be fair to mention Owen Hargreaves, in my eyes now i rate him greatly, even though i did critisize him and rightly so before, but it was his hard work and determination that England held out to Portugal. Not only was he working extremely hard to defend but doing exceptionally well attacking trying to make something happen for England.

A move to England would do him greatly.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

A move to England would do him greatly.
    Not happening
    Although, I dont really support Bayern Munich, im more of a Werder Bremen fan ^^

If he wants to command a place in the England team, it would be for the best. It probably would be a tough decision.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Hargreaves still has a long way to go to the top. Same with Rooney, once they're about 30 that'd be their peaks (and our world cup).

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I didn't need another reason to hate Cronaldo, really.
    Well, me, I missed the headbutt bit at the start of the match. But there's this here video which shows it, if anyone else missed it.

They showed it right after the match finished last night. It would be best for him to move to Spain before that cry baby get seriously hurt!

Not on our broadcast. =(

Yes, he's such a whinging little whiner. I never liked the greaseball, but that wink...eurgh. I hadn't even see that last night. As someone on another forum put it (quite spectacularly!!):

[q=Nice Person]Portugal are 80% sure the crying little ponce who is old enough to know that crying in public makes him look like a giant loser will play.

Most footballers will shed a few tears if they are eliminated from a tournament, and that is understandable. They may never get a crack at it again. Fair dues.

But with Ronaldo this isn't shedding a few tears, this is booing like a little baby. He even gets that little chin wobble thing going on that babies do when they cry. And it's over everything. He cries all the time.

If his Mum burns his toast in the morning I'm sure he cries too.

After Portugal lost to Greece he was wailing like a whipped cur.[/q]

And I couldn't sum it up any better than that.

All that video shows is a holligan prototype called Rooney being stupid and brutal, litle phreak.

The cry babies are still in the game get over it.