Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will FFXIII break tradition?

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Final Fantasy's only real tradition is how much it breaks tradition. Observe:

FFI: First game, no tradition at this point.
    FFII: OMG the party changes and there's characters who die and they completely changed the level up system!
    FFIII: Whew, much more like the first one!
    FFIV: OMG five character parties and fixed jobs! OUTRAGE!
    FFV: What? Mixing jobs? That's just weird!
    FFVI: OMG Esper and Relic system! And you can swap party members! SOOOOO NOT FINAL FANTASY!!!11
    FFVII: OMG Three person Cyberpunk Materia Sephiroth Limit Breaks FMVs! NOT FINAL FANTASY AT ALL!!!!!!11
    FFVIII: OMG Junction system! OMG sci-fi setting!
    FFIX: Hey! Traditional! Right? RIGHT? Medieval = traditional! IT'S TRADITIONAL DAMNIT!
    FFX: OMG Blitzball & Sphere grid!
    FFX-2: OMG real time battle system! OMG Dresspheres! WHERE IS OUR FINAL FANTASY?!?!
    FFXI: ZOMG ONLINE?!?!?!?! HOW CAN IT BE FINAL FANTASY IF IT'S ONLINE?!?!?!?!
    FFXII: YOUR BATTLE SYSTEM IS SILLY! THIS IS NOT A FINAL FANTASY GAME! IT ISN'T TRADITIONAL!
    I've smiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Namouri
    not only that, even though the babe is pretty awesome, it would get very boring if you could only play her, cause she has her own set of abilities. Like if you had a knight, but thats all you could play, no magic, no summons, no anything except swords and other weapons.
    Yeah. It just wouldn't feel like Final Fantasy.
    I hope there's moogles and chocobos.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

I dunno bout anything else, but that chick looks awesome.

Of course it'll break tradition. FF games have a tradition of not being on the PS3. There hasn't been one yet.
    A wise man once said "Never share your wisdom with annybody."

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

What tradition?
    placeholder_text.jpeg

*laughs at thread starter* :laugh: he only made 1 post in this whole thread.............I think this thread should be locked, I mean it's OBVIOUS he/she doesn't care or doesn't even come to this message board anymore.

Anyway, I just wanna see more characters...I'm getting really bored of this girl "Lightning" quick though I'm still in love with her hair

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It broke tradition when they removed Garland.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I think that it probably wont be only one person. if you remember at the start of FFX, Tidus was alone for a short while, until he came across his fellow party members. This is probably the same.

I do think it will completely break tradition with the matrix-y battle system which looks Amazing! I really like it.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

break the tradition? thats seems like paranoia. square develops and changes and one difference wont make it a bad game. in the trailers weve seen it seems to only show the first parts of the game and i think theyll be more playable characters. and if there is only one it wont completely ruin things. there are changes in the battle system but i think it looks great. welcome the changes and only judge the game when youve played it through yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*