Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ff4 on game boy

Default ff4 on game boy

hi ive got ff4 on game boy sp and its ff4 advanced and i just wanted to know if its any different to the original game?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It has improved graphics, the difficulty is toned down from the original, an entirely new (and better) translation from any previous version, new weapons, armor and items, the ability to chose any character when going into the final dungeon, and two bonus dungeons, one only accessible after you've beaten the game.

o0o i didnt noe that! thankies

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    It has improved graphics, the difficulty is toned down from the original, an entirely new (and better) translation from any previous version, new weapons, armor and items, the ability to chose any character when going into the final dungeon, and two bonus dungeons, one only accessible after you've beaten the game.

The music has been improved as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

And they've given it a ton of bugs :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Zidane: Just a couple of glitches, nothing serious.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a good pick for the modern player who wants to play the older games, and with nifty bonus stuff. Although it may be because of that why it's so easy...

Zidane: Yeah, the end of the last exclusive dungeon of a disappiontment. If you've ever played FFIX though, FFIX references FFIV(and other old school games) alot, in the last exclusive dungeon, the new FFIV references FFIX, see if you find it. Twice in the last exclusive dungeon, if you go through a few times you'll see two particular floors that rip off the Legend of Zelda, see if you can find it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I recall the fairy floor, which was pretty funny, but I guess I didn't pay attention for a FFIX reference. (Which would make sense, FFIX is strongly based off of FFIV and older FFs after all.)

I do know of the Tantalus reference in FFI DoS, among others. Ah well, I'll keep looking.

Zidane: Hint, it has to do with Rydia.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    If you've ever played FFIX though, FFIX references FFIV(and other old school games) alot, in the last exclusive dungeon, the new FFIV references FFIX, see if you find it.
    Wow, maybe I should go and beat that game. I've had it since December and I still haven't beat it yet.

I haven't encountered many bugs so far in the game, although sometimes one of my characters gets two turns on a row. I consider it a random lucky shot, sorta like how you can get a "Once More!" bonus in Super Mario RPG at times. The new music sometimes sounds better than on SNES, sometimes worse, though I like the way how they're arranged. Golbez's theme and the Fiend battle themes sounded especially good!

I think the game is easier than FFIV Hard Type for SNES, but then again, I played Hard Type with the fastest battle speed (very hard!), and I'm playing FFIV-A with the normal battle speed. I just love the new translation and the character dialogue. I think this is the way FFIV's English version should be, it still has all the extra items and contents that the Hard Type had, and the loading times are very good, unlike in FFIV PSX.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I don't recall seeing any FF IX references. Must've missed it

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Zidane: The summoner's trial, what was taken away from Rydia?

Blog Entries

The new one is fun. I seem to kick ass with Edge and he is my strongest character. (I have that thing with Ninjas and Samurai...) I'm at the moon for the first time and my characters are around level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: The summoner's trial, what was taken away from Rydia?
    (SPOILER)
    From what I recall, her summons and her adulthood

Vaan - "Hey, you!"