Thread: Murder Mysteries

Default Murder Mysteries

Man I love murder mystery shows, specially the American ones such as Murder, She Wrote, Colombo, CSI (guess it kinda is a murder mystery), Quincy. But the UK has its fair share with Morse, Touch of Frost, Poirot, Mrs Marple.

I just cant resist getting comfy on my sofa with a hot dinner and a DVD featuring one of my fav crime busting detectives Anyone else here a fan of who-dunnits?

I've heard great things about Twin Peaks

BBC1's 2pm slot is usually a Murder mystery, I love Diagnosis Mrder and Murder She Wrote which are usually on at that time. The UK has some decent ones, but I cant seem to get into them as much as the American ones, except for Jonathans Creek :)

I like Diagnosis Murder, but I prefer the newer series to the older one. The Italian guy really bugs me and theres another, Father Dowling Mysteries. That annoyed me so much as the nun, who came from the Bronxs, knows partically everyting! She can fly a small plane, play poker and blackjack, bartender, stripper, lock pick, master thief and knows every criminal master mind for the past 20 years personally! She couldnt have had that many jobs before becoming a nun surely? Its just so far fetched.

What was the murder mystery with two women playing the leads ?

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I guess they're OK. I've grown quite attatched to Monk which is about a quirky nervous-looking detective that's so quick-minded he pieces puzzles together in the space of 45 minutes. Not so much of a who-dunnit but it's entertaining to see how this guy uses his brains and senses whilst everone else is still asking the same question
    ...Geddit?

What was the murder mystery with two women playing the leads
    If its a UK programme, I think it may be Rosemary & Tynne. Not sure about an American version, I can only think of Cagney and Lacey. Monk was good, but at times he did bug me.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

CSI is good.

As for books, I've really enjoyed reading Sherlock Holmes and Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries.

I love murder mysteries! Touch of Frost, Rosemary & Thyme. Love them all. The British do them the best. Americans don't know how to make them. I love SVU though - but that's a crime show to me, not a "mystery" show.

Book wise Im reading Colin Dexters Morse novels, Agatha Christies Poirot and I managed to import a Murder, She Wrote novel also.