Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda story in order? What order? (Zelda spoilers inside)

Blog Entries

I'll simply use Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

Ganondorf only got the Triforce of Power because Link opened the door. After Zelda sent Link back in time, Link was to make sure not to open the door. Then Majora's Mask starts.

In the Wind Waker, however, it talks as though Link DID open the door, and that Ganon ruled for seven years until Link decided to wake up and seal Ganon away.

That makes absolutely no sense, as both games come after OoT.

I just remember Link defeating and sealing away Gannon seven years in the future along with the Triforce of power he possessed. I don't remember Link going back and not opening the door, it was already opened. Though I havn't played for a while, so I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    I just remember Link defeating and sealing away Gannon seven years in the future along with the Triforce of power he possessed. I don't remember Link going back and not opening the door, it was already opened. Though I havn't played for a while, so I could be wrong.
    Actually, now that I think of it... Did he?

I seem to remember Zelda saying she had to resolve what she did, which was having Link open the door of time. So then she sent Link back in time so that he wouldn't open the door.

But now that I think of it, maybe she just sent him back because he belonged in his own time... ...

Maybe my memory is foggy. :O

I think it was probably so he could live out those seven years of his life, since he missed them. I think the resolving was sealing Gannon and Hyrule away.

Blog Entries

Yeah, true, but alot was lost during those Seven Years. Like Hyrule Town. ... Oh blechmeister! I have a vulnerability! The very thing I base my theory off of isn't definite!

*Vader Voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh well. I still think all the games are linked. o.o Alot of it still makes sense to me. And Eiji Aonuma did say that the FS games are somehow "important" to the Zelda story in an interview about FSA.

Twilight Princess takes place "decades" after OOT, according to Nintendo Power.

Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker (same Link) according to... damn, I forgot the source. Shoot.

The Link in Wind Waker isn't a decendant of OOT Link. I'm not sure where you got that. It never said anything like that in Wind Waker.

Also, I'm sure the general belief is that not all of the Zeldas are connected.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

My head hurts.

Yeah, in WW, Link there has no connection to OoT Link....save reincarnation, possibly. But yeah, I only know the obvious ones, so I have little if anything useful to add.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Blog Entries

Hmm... now that I think of it, he wasn't a descendant of OoT Link. :O In fact, that would make no sense if the two-timeline thing was true. If OoT Link was sent back in time into another dimension, then how could someone from the first dimension be his descendant?

Yes, my head hurts too. Most of this really is useless info.

The problem lies in design. I see it as being retarded to try and fit together what the developers cannot even explain with out back tracking, or getting confused. The game (Legend of Zelda) was probally made to be a simple idea (princes, monster, unlikely weak starting hero, and a ladder) and they simply tried to pull a story out of it, initially at least. Besides the fact that such a stongly tied video game was something not even atempted by most at the time can really suggest that the slopped out games, and are now desperatly trying to piece them together. Or mabey you are - I don't care enough to look... or care really

Bipper

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

It's all in your imagination

I'm going to have to agree with Bipper on this. I'm a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series but when it comes down to it, I'm downright certain that a timeline of any sort was never actually planned. It is my belief (call it stupid if you like, you won't hurt my feelings) that every single story from the series is exactly what the title implies: a legend.

Think of this every time you play a Zelda game...
    You're controlling a boy that is the main character of a story being told by some random person in Hyrule some time long after the actual events occured. To me, each game is a story about one boy that protected a princess and, over time, the story turned to legend and evolved into the many different variations of what might have happened during the one adventure long ago. Sure, some of them show clear signs that they are sequels/prequels to others but they could only be mere extensions of the storyteller's imagination trying to extend "what really happened".

Blog Entries

Yeah, they really are kinda loosely connected, except for certain games. But of course, there are those like me who heard that all the Zelda games are connected, and we decided we'd figure out how. Most of it makes sense, except for with certain Zelda games. None of this is required to make the games more fun, but Zelda fans such as myself consider it fun to talk about.

If the Zelda games are connected (else than OoT and Majora's mask) I think A link to the past comes after OoT. Because when you get to the golden realm in A link to the past, Sahasrahla contacts you and says that it was turned in to a horrible place by Ganondorf with the power of Triforce

If anyone was intrested about my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    If the Zelda games are connected (else than OoT and Majora's mask) I think A link to the past comes after OoT. Because when you get to the golden realm in A link to the past, Sahasrahla contacts you and says that it was turned in to a horrible place by Ganondorf with the power of Triforce

If anyone was intrested about my opinion.
    I used to believe this too. I thought it was true for the following reasons:

Ganon was sealed into the Light Realm by Zelda and the other Sages. Ganon however had changed it into the dark world when he got the Triforce of Power. So then, in Alttp, Ganon is sealed in the world of darkness, and he's trying to get out. However, the following suggests that it's not true.

1. In Alttp, Ganon had the Triforce. Not just the Triforce of Power. Even in the GBA version which came out after OoT, he had the whole darned thing. You'd think that Nintendo would edit the story a bit when they released it for the GBA if they wanted Alttp to come after OoT. :O

2. Assuming that what Nintendo is currently saying about Twilight Princess when it comes to place in Story is true, it leaves Alttp not much room to squeeze inbetween OoT and WW. (Twilight Princess, according to Nintendo, takes place inbetween OoT and WW.)

On the other hand, let's say Nintendo just decides to put Alttp in between OoT and WW. They could just say "Well we want him to only get the Triforce of Power so BLARGH!" and then have Alttp linked to TP in some way. >_> Nintendo can change whatever they like whenever. It would be pretty interesting though, because of the how there's a Twilight Realm in TP and a Dark World in Alttp. But we will have to wait and see about that.