Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zelda. Good or Sucky?

Personally, I like the series, but it's not for those who frustrate easily.
    Amen brother, QFT. The amount of times Ive wanted to throw my controller at the TV, but I still think its a great series and I cant wait for the GC installment

All of them suck except Link to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    but i thought a link to the past was just plain mediocre
    I'm confuse now, you said that the only sucky Zelda game you have played was the first Zelda game at the beginning of the topic and now you talk about A Link to the past. A Link to the past is not the first game and I hope you talked about the first Zelda because A Link to the Past is one of the most loved zelda game for a lot of fan of Zelda (not as much as Ocarina of Time) and I can't think how you could think it is mediocre.

All I have to say is, he answered his own question, "I think three were good games and one was mediocre." At no point were any of them sucky so I guess Zelda games are good then.

Anyways, I enjoy them, and for people who complain about stories being copied, go look it up there can only be 8 different types of stories, go ahead and google it

THE JACKEL

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    All I have to say is, he answered his own question, "I think three were good games and one was mediocre." At no point were any of them sucky so I guess Zelda games are good then.

Anyways, I enjoy them, and for people who complain about stories being copied, go look it up there can only be 8 different types of stories, go ahead and google it

THE JACKAL
    Just because someone claims there is a certain set of (Criminally broad) archetypes doesn't actually mean much. Moreover, I don't criticize Zelda games for their story, it's usually too lacking to BE criticized, I criticize them because they are boring and directionless. As I have said many times, if I want top-down adventuring, I'll go find a copy of the original Alundra, which is smurfing incredible and beats the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of every Zelda game single-handed. I can see the proficiency in OoT and MM, but I don't care for either of those games. They've never dragged me in, or rather haven't maintained my interest at all after a few hours, and don't provide me with anything I find enjoyable or interesting. Wind Waker did better, but still couldn't make me care enough to see it through.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9

THE JACKAL
    Just because someone claims there is a certain set of (Criminally broad) archetypes doesn't actually mean much. Moreover, I don't criticize Zelda games for their story, it's usually too lacking to BE criticized, I criticize them because they are boring and directionless. As I have said many times, if I want top-down adventuring, I'll go find a copy of the original Alundra, which is smurfing incredible and beats the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of every Zelda game single-handed. I can see the proficiency in OoT and MM, but I don't care for either of those games. They've never dragged me in, or rather haven't maintained my interest at all after a few hours, and don't provide me with anything I find enjoyable or interesting. Wind Waker did better, but still couldn't make me care enough to see it through.
    Any writer or story teller agrees with this, not just one random person saying there are only 8 types of stories. They are types of stories. AND of course Hero saving Princess is the most common one, it's the easiest to make a game of. You may criticize them for being "directionless" which most of them are not, maybe the early ones, but not the new ones, but being able to basically go anywhere is typically a well liked characteristic to a game. I love being able to go places I'm not suppose to be yet, see if I can get anything. The puzzles of the game are also fun.

THE JACKEL

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

It's one of the best series of all time. And the NPC's are hillarious.