Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Age of Consent

Default Age of Consent

So I was just watching the news and heard that Canada's government is planning on chaning the age of consent, back in 1879 and before the AoC was 12, and in 1890 the powers that be changed it to 14, and it has been 14 since then, but now the government wants to up it to 16 years, but are putting in a 5 year lee-way type thing, where 14 year olds can still have sex, as long as the sex partner isnt more then 5 years older then them, so a 14 year old could legally have sex with a 19 year old, but no one older, but the AoC for gay men is 18, which is odd, because they cant exactly get preganant, so the age of consesnt is kind of pointless.

So thoughts/feelings about this? (If this would fit better in EoEO feel free to move it)

*first thread in over a year*
    Last edited by Tasura; 06-01-2006 at 03:26 AM.

Ive never understood the age consent for gays. I suppose there is a reason, but I cant think of one. Maybe a tackle in AIDS and such, I dunno.
    but are putting in a 5 year lee-way type thing, where 14 year olds can still have sex, as long as the sex partner isnt more then 5 years older then them, so a 14 year old could legally have sex with a 18 year old, but no one older
    But 14 is far too young. That lee way doesnt help the situation at all. Its providing a way for underage teens to still have sex. Whats the point in them trying to get the age of concent up to 16 while you can still have sex at 14, as long as the guy is older then you?! Its crazy. Children havent been paying attention to age concent. Well not in the UK, its 16 here, but kids as young as 12 are having unprotected sex, usually with older partners.

In the news a few weeks ago a 12 year old girl and her 25+ year old boyfirned killed the girls family becuase they ddint approve of ehr dating someone over twice her age, and the man might be charged for sexual crimes if the police can prove that they were sexually active, so even 12 year olds here are having sex, the AoC is just a way for the people in charge to have less work, and if there was or was not an increase in it, the only people who would obey it are people who obey most laws, so basically, rasining it or not wont stop 14 year olds form having sex, and thats what most of the opposition to the law are going to say, and the governemnt only added the 5 year lee-way as a way for people to agree with it, otehrwise it'd be shot down.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    But 14 is far too young. That lee way doesnt help the situation at all. Its providing a way for underage teens to still have sex. Whats the point in them trying to get the age of concent up to 16 while you can still have sex at 14, as long as the guy is older then you?! Its crazy.
    Why is it automatically the male that is the older participant?

Edit: He killed her family and they're trying to charge him for the sex crimes? What the hell

Cause most of the stories Ive read about teen pregnacies the guy is always older then the girl. But yes an woman can be the older participant, its just I havent read of a older girl getting pregnant by someone younger then her. Its not usually mentioned because if an older guy slept with a young girl it makes for public outcry by the media. People would turn a blind eye if the woman was the older participant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Edit: He killed her family and they're trying to charge him for the sex crimes? What the hell
    She actually did most of the killing, or so they say, they're just trying get as many charges on him as possible so he can stay in jail longer.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

So? Men aren't the only ones who sleep with people younger than themselves, even if it is a majority, but that's doubtful as it is. You just don't hear anything about it because young males don't get pregnant.

So? Men aren't the only ones who sleep with people younger than themselves, even if it is a majority, but that's doubtful as it is. You just don't hear anything about it because young males don't get pregnant.
    Even on the news the government was more concerend with 14 year old pregnancies then younger guys and older girls.

The only people who want to have sex with 14 year old boys are 30 year old men.
    Yes you do, duh the hot-teacher little boy crap.

Read my first post. Ive added more.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    The only people who want to have sex with 14 year old boys are 30 year old men.
    Not really. More women sleep with younger boys than they think because they can lie and look a lot older for their age than they actually are. I know girls can too, but that's not what i'm trying to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SS~
    People would turn a blind eye if the woman was the older participant.
    Oh yeah, I know they do, and it's smurfing retarded. (not talking about you, I mean the media and stuff like that.)

Thats the media for you. I remember a case from the UK from a few years ago. A female teacher slept with a male student, I think he was 15 at the time. And at first she was made to look like the victim, cause she was the woman and the boy must have made the first move on her cause he was a man. Very sterotypical. When in actual fact, she kissed him first and then it went on from there. Now he could have said no, but I guess what your in that situation you cant say anything? I really dunno. Straying from the subject, but yeah the media can cover your eyes from the actual story.

Blog Entries

Concerning the age of consent, I think it's fine that it may be raised. It would allow more time for sexual education and for a person to mature. The education would hopefully pay off in reducing the transfer of sexually transmitted diseases, teach the youths about their bodily changes and how to adapt to them and so forth. I know a lot of children around the age of twelve and fourteen and I do not think the majority of them are ready for sex; allowing relationships between fourteen year olds and twenty-five year olds? Not a good idea in my book.

The age of consent is for pregnancy now? I thought it was to prevent children from being taken advantage of by creepy old people. 13-year-olds can be impregnated by other 13-year-olds.

Age of consent isn't just about pregnacy, its about whether people are mature enough to actually do the dirty
    14 is too young, 16 is pretty much the best age.

Trust No one