Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even more Final Fantasy XIII news

Default Even more Final Fantasy XIII news

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2676

In the latest issue of Gemaga, Square-Enix released some more details regarding Final Fantasy XIII.

the scenario of the game is approximately 80% complete. There will be a number of vehicles to use in the game, and some may or may not take advantage of the PS3 controller's 6 degrees of movement. If one watches the trailer, the two yellow insignias on the woman's left shoulder are meant to show social status. This status will determine what types of conversations will happen with other characters in cities. A surprise given was that the woman that took up most of the trailer is not the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. Square-Enix, however, did reveal that they were planning on giving the role of the main character to a woman.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2676

In the latest issue of Gemaga, Square-Enix released some more details regarding Final Fantasy XIII.

the scenario of the game is approximately 80% complete. There will be a number of vehicles to use in the game, and some may or may not take advantage of the PS3 controller's 6 degrees of movement. If one watches the trailer, the two yellow insignias on the woman's left shoulder are meant to show social status. This status will determine what types of conversations will happen with other characters in cities. A surprise given was that the woman that took up most of the trailer is not the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. Square-Enix, however, did reveal that they were planning on giving the role of the main character to a woman.
    HAHA! thanks Crossblades, you're great.

Wow, so 80% complete. Like I said, this game WILL be out by 2007-EEEEEEEEEEARLY 2008(it's meant to step all over FFXII, just like FFX did to IX).

-Social status=GREATNESS

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    HAHA! thanks Crossblades, you're great.

lol Glad to help

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks to be shaping up nicely. At least we have an 'official' female main character. The idea of having different conversations has been implemented before, but this looks like more than everyone talking about how the sky turned red a few days ago. Cool.

I'm looking forward to this game (even though I doubt I'll be playing it untill the PS3 falls near 300 dollars). What I'm really hoping for is (even though I know there is little to no chance of it hapening) a free-roaming world area, like the older Final Fantasys. You know, with building/dungeon icons that you walk into, leading to the actual place (unlike FF 10, which was basically a whole buch of roads and a few caves).
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

Looking pretty exciting! And I don't really care whether there's an overworld or not, as long as the game is good.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Wtf. The person in the pics (which is a woman) isnt the main character, but the main character... is a woman? What, are they promoting women's rights in Japan?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some believe that Tina was the main character of FFVI. This just makes it better that this is actually official.

but the main character... is a woman? What, are they promoting women's rights in Japan?
    I don't know if you were joking or what, but that sounds pretty sexist to me. And I'm pretty sure women in Japan have rights as well. Anyway, yes, the main character is a female. Is there a problem with that?

As I can see your gender is... ?
    Thats just sorta weird though. Oh... I must've confused Japan with China again. My Bad.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not a woman. That doesn't mean I don't think that kind of attitude is messed up though. At least try to joke around more carefully in the future, alright?

Ok. Whatever. No Offense intended.

Another female lead to add to the ranks, excellent! We need more strong female leads.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aw she isn't the main lead? :3 But she was so hot...

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Quote Originally Posted by ^^~*M0oNLigHt~Rac00n*~<3
    Aw she isn't the main lead? :3 But she was so hot...
    Hopefully it won't be a sissy/Vaan.

Hopefully it won't be a sissy/Vaan.
    Its going to be a woman and I doubt they'd make a woman lead to be a "sissy."