Thread: Personal Chocobos (finally!)

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Personal Chocobos (finally!)

From POL:

The FINAL FANTASY XI development team has finally addressed everyone’s cries for a system to raise their own personal chocobos. As announced at the FINAL FANTASY XI Fan Festival 2006 in Santa Monica, this new feature will be introduced in the next version update!

Raising Your Chocobo
    [Basic Concept]
    Think of chocobo raising as an upgraded version of gardening. You can raise a chocobo by taking care of it for a minimal amount of time each day over a span of roughly 1-3 months, so even players with little time can enjoy this feature. Your chocobo may come in handy when it is fully grown!

[Chocobo Eggs]
    Your first step is to get hold of a chocobo egg. Each egg is encoded with its own specific genetic information, and some players may come across an extremely rare variety…

[Caring For Your Chocobo]
    You must work together with the chocobo stable employees in order to properly care for your chocobo. Feeding your chocobo and spending a bit of time with it each day will gradually build trust. You will be amazed at how your chocobo grows!

Chocobo Variety
    Chocobos differ based on their color and type…and possibly more. Naming will be handled in the same way that dragoons and puppetmasters select their wyvern or automaton’s name, but there will be more options than ever before!

Matchmaking
    Match up your chocobo with your friend’s chocobo and see what happens. If the match is right, you could end up with a new baby chocobo!

Scores of other exciting features are scheduled to be added in the next version update, so keep checking the main site for more information in the next few days!
    Yay! I'm so excited. I'm reeeaally interested in the fact that not everyone will have the same chocobo type. And the whole breeding thing sounds like it's gonna be great.

Blog Entries

yay!

Awesome

Can't wait to get a chocobo license

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This is awesome. I've been waiting for this since the day I started playing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Hallelujah and all that jazz. I'm pumped. =3

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

oooh kawaii Boco Baby ^_^

Sounds great! Still, there seems to be a lot left unsaid. Damn you Development team- give me all the details! XD
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

I want chubby chocobo! Or a white one, to match my Paladin. <3

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I want an asian chocobo!
    Or a chocobo that does Bruce Lee sound effects.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I heard that this has a downside, you have to tend to the chocobo EVERY DAY or something... But besides that, I'm (|Excitement!|)
    jkhkjg

I do admit that I'm a little afraid this will have some of the downsides of gardening. Remember when everything was really bad last October and there were constant maintenances DDoS attacks? Well shortly before that I'd been growing some cutting and saplings. Well it was all a waste because not only did I have trouble checking my plants but the worst of the maintenance hit when they were about ready to harvest. I lost the entire crop as a result of work schedule mixed with bad timing of maintenance.

How do you think they could resolve this for something that takes even longer than gardening? Their own sporadic maintenances will screw up raising a really good chocobo potentially.

I don't think that it will be a problem. I read somewhere that chocobo rasing has been designed with unaddicted players who play less often in mind. But i guess we still need to cross our fingers.
    This my sig, foo!
    The hour of our departure has arrived, and we go our ways - I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    -Socrates

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Okay the version update has happened!! They said "next version update" so... This must be it right? One question! HOW DO I GET THE EGG!?!?!?!?!?!?
    jkhkjg

sounds pretty cool i will try it sometime

Organization XIII, the men in black!

BLOOOOGGGAAASSNNNAAAPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Too big.