Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curse You Ultraviolet Radiation!

Default Curse You Ultraviolet Radiation!

As none of you know, today was the first official summer-and-not-school day for non-seniors at my school (and I've been bored without people). So me and some junior friends jumped in the local river with our tubes and spent four hours lazily floating down. I even remembered to use sunscreen... except on my legs. Now my shins are red, and they HURT. Not the backs, not the sides, not my feet. MY SHINS. Arrrrrgh.

Have you ever been sunburned? Was it bad? Naturally occurring, or fall asleep in a tanning bed? etc.

Discuss.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got sunburned just a few weeks ago. It wasn't that bad, just a bit itchy. I've lived in SoCal all my life and I go to the beach a lot. So I'm used to the sun and I don't get burned easily or often. And when I do get burned, it's not so bad. Just put some aloe vera on it and I'm good within a few days.

You floated on a river for four hours? Why? Could you breathe? *Never get sunburned (I think) yay brown ^_^
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

yeah i got sunburn 1 day..at the beach i couldnt sleep that night it hurt so much
    i didnt fall asleep there....just a normal day, in the water...on the sand.....eating...go home.......

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yes, many times, it sucks to have fair skin. I don't get them as much as I use to though, I tan more often than not.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hate it when my nose gets sunburnt. People call me rudolph

Quote Originally Posted by Resha
    You floated on a river for four hours? Why? Could you breathe? *Never get sunburned (I think) yay brown ^_^
    On inner tubes. It's actually something we do for fun around these parts. Even if we only ended up like 6 miles from where we started after four hours. I was lying with my back in the water, and my shins were exposed. And that's how it happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clouded sky
    On inner tubes. It's actually something we do for fun around these parts. Even if we only ended up like 6 miles from where we started after four hours. I was lying with my back in the water, and my shins were exposed. And that's how it happened.

That's exactly how I got sunburned this last time. Except that I couldn't lay on my back, so I had my arms and shoulders draped over the front, and my back got burned. And oddly enough, it was a four hour trip down a river that did it as well...

i can't recall a time where i had sunburn. just mosquito bites. the sun is like my side-kick, so...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't sunburn very easily.

when I tan I get sunburned first...and then the native american blood kicks in and i get really dark...too badly I'm normally pale

The worst I got was at some summer camp. We were playing by the river most of the day and once I got home I realized I was as red as a crab. Hurt like hell.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Yikes. I'm really pale and don't go outside much, but I've had one or two horrible sunburns. The worst one I can remember I had a few years ago. I was just sitting outside reading some book, and I guess I got absorbed in it. It didn't seem like much time had passed, but once I went inside, I realized I had been sitting out there for over three hours. Showers weren't very much fun after that for about a week.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I stay inside, safe and away from the daystar.

But even when I go out, I tend not to get sunburned. I don't know if that's because I'm not outside enough, or if I'm just lucky enough to not get sunburned easily, or what.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Light cannot touch me in the confines of my parent's basement.