Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 2006 (NFL)

Articles

Sometimes, it's the outsider's perspective that makes all the difference in the world.

Also, I could take the measure of turning the drawing into an NBA Lottery type deal, where the worst teams from last year (Spiff, Aexo and RSL, in this case) get the best shots at the top pick. For the guys that didn't participate last year - Red Pill, Proto and m4tt - I could put their odds right in the middle of the pack. Would anyone be opposed to this?

EDIT: Just so you know what I mean, the odds of snagging the top pick from best to worst:

Spiff, Aexoden, RSL, Raistlin, Strider, eestlinc, Red Pill, Proto, m4tt, Spuuky, Del Murder, Nabeshinji, CloudDragon, The Captain

I'll post this over in the league, too.

I'm on the fence about the lottery idea since fantasy sports can be so up in the air anyway. Still, having the least odds would just about guarantee my streak of never having the top pick and the pressure of using it wisely would continue.

Middle of the pack in a draft is an ideal spot to be in my opinion anyway. Especially if you know what you're looking for. Consistency at all positions versus one truly great position and several weaker positions has worked for me in the past and probably, will be the strategy I follow this time. Or will I change it up? Maybe I should consult the lady friends in my life for advice.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No lottery, but I do think who ever picked first last year should not be able to pick first this year. Same goes for the last pick.

Lottery doesn't work because people are always coming and going.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I hope she's a Lions fan...
    She lives in Michigan, and originally PMed me because I had a Lions sig. Yeah, she's a Lions fan! I have someone to cry to now...

I don't like the lottery thing, even though it benefits me, because it's punishing someone for doing well. If we kept some players or something, then it would make total sense.

Either way, I'm not going to complain about where my draft pick ends up being.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

i was going to be opposed to the lottery until i realized how much my team sucked last year.

Is it auto-draft like the NHL, or to we pick players. Because I MIGHT be working.

P.S. Time to go for the all Giants team.

EDIT: If you do the lottery thingie, don't forget to include me in the list. I think it's obvious who I am.
    Last edited by Doomie; 08-06-2006 at 12:45 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You can set your rankings and Yahoo will autodraft your team for you if you can't be around. There won't be any lottery for the second league.

Articles

I vote no lottery.

Del did bring up a good point about first and last picks. I'm not sure how you could resolve that one, though.

Articles

Well, this would affect CD and Nabeshinji since those are the two returning teams that had the highest picks last year. What I could do:

Split the drawing into two parts, teams and draft slots. Let's say, for a simple example, I pick Nabeshinji and 1. That'd give him the first pick, but since he had it last year, I would put it back into the piles. If I happen to draw it a second time, then it would be official. Would that be fair enough?

This would basically affect four teams: Nabeshinji, CD, Del Murder and RSL.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, if they get the first pick draw twice then they are just destined to pick first forever.

With respect to draft order, I'll be happy no matter where I pick. Del drafted 14th last year and still managed to beat me like always.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Honestly, if you're a good manager, and with the zigzag pattern that the order goes by round, it shouldn't matter much where your position lies. The exception would probably be if you had like a top 3 pick or something, since there is a big dropoff from the NFL Elite to the rest of the top players. But picking in the same spot over and over gets boring because you keep using the same strategy.

I think the lottery is a fantastic idea.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Well, this would affect CD and Nabeshinji since those are the two returning teams that had the highest picks last year. What I could do:

Split the drawing into two parts, teams and draft slots. Let's say, for a simple example, I pick Nabeshinji and 1. That'd give him the first pick, but since he had it last year, I would put it back into the piles. If I happen to draw it a second time, then it would be official. Would that be fair enough?

This would basically affect four teams: Nabeshinji, CD, Del Murder and RSL.
    That works for me chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Del, if you want to commish EoFFFFLII, go ahead and set it up. We've got Bert, JFA, Sora, and some others who'll come along eventually, I'm sure.
    Sorry i was confused and i thought you ment soccer

im not really intrested

Sorry ~Psydekick